Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,771 members, 7,945,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Sneak Past Rude Gate Keepers And Land Your Dream Job [even If It Is Your First I - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sneak Past Rude Gate Keepers And Land Your Dream Job [even If It Is Your First I (371 Views)

How To Get A Job Even If You Have Employment Gaps / Sales, Store Keepers And Cashier / I'm In Need Of A Job, Even If It's Teaching Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sneak Past Rude Gate Keepers And Land Your Dream Job [even If It Is Your First I by AbasiofofonUdoh(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2021
"Welcome. Now, Tell me about yourself."

"Well, my name is John. I am 30 years. I come from a family of 6. And I am a graduate of Civil Engineering."

"Why do you want this job?"

"Well, I want this job because I am the first child of my parents and I have my younger siblings to take care of. I am also planning to get married sometime later this year, so I really want this job."

"Why should we hire you?"

"You should hire me because I studied Civil Engineering and I graduated with a first class".

Does that conversation sound familiar?

If you go for a job interview and you try to get the offer, there will always be a gatekeeper stopping you.

The gatekeeper is the recruiter. When you’re talking to the gatekeeper, it's their job to make sure you’re the right person for the job offer.

And if you answer all their questions as I did above, you’ll lose out FAST.

But if you know what to say, YOU can comfortably land the job.

You sneak past the gatekeeper by building a relationship with them...

How?

Telling them what they want to hear.

And you can get to the point where you pitch yourself as the BEST man for the job.

It is important for a successful interview that the recruiter understands your personality at the end of the conversation.

It is a question of giving a good image of yourself by having well presented your main qualities.

It is very important to prepare for your interview and keep in mind your strengths and weaknesses - your personality traits in addition to professional skills.

Of course, you have to choose qualities that you can prove from experience in an internship or as an employee. 
The more the qualities you choose relate to the position you are applying for, the more likely you are to be considered.

It is also very important to master your professional career, your internship and employment.
You must present the environment of each position, the description of the mission that was yours and what you learned from it. 

What you express should correspond to what you indicated in your resumé.

In my next post, I will share some tips to make your interview successful and appeal to recruiters.

Search and join the Facebook group Peak Performance W/Abasiofofon Udoh so you don't miss anything.

I remain
Abasiofofon Udoh.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy:Position of a Loan Officer / Where To Always Look For Job Offer / Oil And Gas Vacancies In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.