Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,788 members, 7,918,502 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:04 AM

Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) (3199 Views)

Cardi B Causes Traffic In Lagos As She Poses 4 Sexy Pics In Public (video, Pics) / Thicky Minaj Causes Traffic In New Jersey As She Hawks Bottled Water / Pre-Wedding Photo Of Ebuka Obi-Uchendu's Lookalike Causes Traffic In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2021
Cape Town drivers in South Africa were surprised by an unexpected sighting on Wednesday morning when an ostrich was spotted in traffic.

Many pictures and videos quickly made the rounds on social media showing the ostrich drawing attention in Ottery as motorists were on their way to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPhbHxHreo

The large bird was spotted along Ottery Main Road and the M5 highway at about 11am.

One of the videos making the rounds on social media showed the ostrich nearly being knocked over by a taxi, and cars.

Motorists were seen doing their best to drive around the animal or get it to move out of the road by hooting at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zotmEhTXkwE

When contacted, the City of Cape Town said that law enforcement was not called to attend to the matter.

The Cape of Good Hope SPCA spokesperson, Belinda Abraham however had confirmed that they had stepped in to assist after finding out about the ostrich’s excursion.

“We were informed of an ostrich in the road in Ottery this (Wednesday) morning, and thereafter we dispatched an inspector. We assisted the owner with getting the ostrich back onto his property.”

Abraham explained that the ostrich was unharmed by its time on the roads.

“We also extend our thanks to the drivers on the road for their patience.”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Kestolove(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2021
No Nigerian around dia ni?.. Make dem show am road to pot

8 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by DaddyRochie1642: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
I just showed this news to the Mallam that sells Suya across the road, he was filled with joy and he declared free Suya for everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by longetivity(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Beautiful creature smiley, heard they run faster than horses

4 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by longetivity(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
I just showed this news to the Mallam that sells Suya across the road, he was filled with joy and he declared free Suya for everyone.
old boring joke
Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by DaddyRochie1642: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2021
longetivity:
old boring joke

Do I look like I care

1 Like

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by longetivity(m): 11:54am On Sep 30, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Do I look like I care
okay gettat

2 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by DaddyRochie1642: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2021
longetivity:
okay gettat

Oga I want it to pepper you very well.

1 Like

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2021
longetivity:
Beautiful creature smiley, heard they run faster than horses

Check the first video for the answer wink

1 Like

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Davash222(m): 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
Stew
Egusi soup
Pepper soup
Grilled

Still, meat go remain. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
Davash222:
Stew
Egusi soup
Pepper soup
Grilled

Still, meat go remain. cheesy
God forbid! as if meat done finish for this world, if it's not chicken, beef, fish and some seafoods, I don't eat any other meat.
Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Davash222(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
God forbid! as if meat done finish for this world, if it's not chicken, beef, fish and some seafoods, I don't eat any other meat.
What's the difference between ostrich and chicken meat?

5 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:

Let me entice you.

2 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Davash222:

What's the difference between ostrich and chicken meat?
Their are alot of difference bro, perhaps for me. grin
I'm that kind of choosy person, I've been like that since I was a kid. their are foods i eat and their are foods i find irritating and it's some people's favorite.

Like chicken, I don't eat some parts, only the thigh and some meaty parts, same as cow/ram/sheep meats, I don't eat some parts not to talk of eating an ostrich, Mehn never.
grin
Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Let me entice you.
Don't waste your time bro grin

1 Like

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Davash222(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Let me entice you.
You ended up enticing me.

Leave that guy, it's only Mariah that will entice him. I know him very well cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Davash222:

You ended up enticing me.

Leave that guy, it's only Mariah that will entice him. I know him very well cheesy

Lol, buy some next time in SA - it's readily available.

I also know that damn foolish troll - he's on his best behaviour today grin. What's Mariah though?
Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Davash222(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

I also know that damn foolish troll - he's on his best behaviour today grin. What's Mariah though?
He's a good guy.

Mariah is the love of his life. She will soon be here.

2 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
Davash222:

He's a good guy.

LOL grin grin I only know of his other love JovialJune. They are a xenophobic couple working for months now to get me off Nairaland.

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by JovialJune(f): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

LOL grin grin I only know of his other love JovialJune. They are a xenophobic couple working for months now to get me off Nairaland.

Xenophobic to a Nigerian? That word fits black South Africans na, and how am I trying to get you off nl?

1 Like

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Xenophobic to a Nigerian? That word fits black South Africans na, and how am I trying to get you off nl?

I looked up the word 'xenophobia' - nowhere does it mention South Africans undecided (see attachment). What u and your man have been up to is xenophobia.

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by JovialJune(f): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

I looked up the word 'xenophobia' - nowhere does it mention South Africans undecided (see attachment). What u and your man have been up to is xenophobia.

Hehehehe everyone knows xenophobia is synonymous to south africa, except you want to deceive yourself,

And no he is not my man, I'm married, but not to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Hehehehe everyone knows xenophobia is synonymous to south africa, except you want to deceive yourself,

It's synonymous with SA only to grown-ups like u who just learnt the word in the last few years tongue. Let me educate u for free - xenophobia has been around as long as the word itself (from the ancient Greeks). Even Trump and his supporters were practicing xenophobia during his time in office.

Maybe u confuse Libyans treating us as slaves or Italy deporting u as racism instead. It's a combination of xenophobia.

2 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by JovialJune(f): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's synonymous with SA only to grown-ups like u who just learnt the word in the last few years tongue. Let me educate u for free - xenophobia has been around as long as the word itself (from the ancient Greeks). Even Trump and his supporters were practicing xenophobia during his time in office.

Maybe u confuse Libyans treating us as slaves or Italy deporting u as racism instead. It's a combination of xenophobia.

Lol always so serious and fiesty, how you didn't get my meaning and conclusion, to the extent of bringing up dictionary meaning, quotes from other countries and bla bla bla is just beyond me, I wasnt even trying to argue with you, I don't know why you're trying so hard to prove a point to me

Anyway, do you dude.

1 Like

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

What's wrong with this xenophobic guy? don't ever quote me again if I don't quote you.
you are a failed blogger on a foreign forum, a complete cul-de-sac.

2 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Lol always so serious and fiesty, how you didn't get my meaning and conclusion, to the extent of bringing up dictionary meaning, quotes from other countries and bla bla bla is just beyond me, I wasnt even trying to argue with you, I don't know why you're trying so hard to prove a point to me

Anyway, do you dude.
Leave that Jobless xenophobic guy, he's not worth your attention.

2 Likes

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
JovialJune:

Lol always so serious and fiesty, how you didn't get my meaning and conclusion, to the extent of bringing up dictionary meaning, quotes from other countries and bla bla bla is just beyond me, I wasnt even trying to argue with you, I don't know why you're trying so hard to prove a point to me.

You needed skooling and have now graduated cool. It's a pity u derailed my lovely ostrich thread and how not to turn them into pepper soup. But it's ok, we're cool.
Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
Davash222:

He's a good guy.

This guy, you no well at all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Leave that Jobless xenophobic guy, he's not worth your attention.

It's fine, the government will give me N1 million free money for being lazy and jobless just this month alone. I should be more concerned about your well-being instead. How u doing buddy - have u eaten today embarassed?
Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's fine, the government will give me N1 million free money for being lazy and jobless just this month alone. I should be more concerned about your well-being instead. How u doing buddy - have u eaten today embarassed?

There's a huge difference between both of us, I don't wait to be spoon feed by the government unlike you, I work very hard to make my own money, off course with my God given skills.

bro get up and do something with your time, learn something, be useful for once at least. cheesy
albeit, I've met and chatted with some south Africans that are skillful and industrious, met few that we both traded forex together and some that are good in digital marketing etc raking it big on Fiverr monthly, I can't say the same thing about you.

you seem like the opposite, lol
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by FarinJini: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
Any ostrich farm in Nigeria? Preferably northern Nigeria. Like to get some for my pot
Re: Runaway Ostrich Causes Traffic Chaos In South Africa, Gains Fame Online (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
There's a huge difference between both of us, I don't wait to be spoon feed by the government unlike you, I work very hard to make my own money, off course with my God given skills.

bro get up and do something with your time, learn something, be useful for once at least. cheesy
albeit, I've met and chatted with some south Africans that are skillful and industrious, met few that we both traded forex together and some that are good in digital marketing etc raking it big on Fiverr monthly, I can't say the same thing about you.

you seem like the opposite, lol
grin

Yeah I'm the complete opposite. I'll wait for my monthly N1 million and use the data to torment "hardworkers" like u on NL with all my free time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Season 9 Set To Feature Housemates From Previous Seasons / See What These University Girls Are Doing In Their Room After Lectures / Chai!!! Epic Throwback Photo Of Wizkid And Banky W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.