Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,581 members, 7,929,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:27 AM

Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? (948 Views)

Missing OAU Student Is Found Alive (Photo) / Books You Should Read Before You Die / See The Question Given To Year 5 Mechanical Engineering Students Of UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? by 7victor(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
In the court, someone says something like " He shot me three times, and then left me, thinking I am dead."

The judge or the prosecutor would(more likely than not) ask the man " Are you dead?"

Or

" Did you die?"

Is these questions necessary?

What if the man answered " Yes i died"

Or

" Yes i am dead"

Will the judge accept that the man who is standing before him has died or is dead?

If not, why then do judges, lawyers and prosecutors ask such questions?

During Oputa panel trials, the judge asked Oladipo Diya "If you see Abacha can you recognize him?"

Diya answered that it was not possible to see someone who is dead and buried.

He wondered whether the judge was trying to scare people present with the idea that Abacha could appear in their midst.

But the judge insisted that he must answer the question.
Re: Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? by Nwaikuku2(m): 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
d
Re: Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? by Snitch24(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
So what's your point
Re: Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Who else entered the thread after getting an idea of this for the first time?

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? by care4you: 10:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
when you grow up you will know more....

some answers are not meant for social media

Re: Why Do Judges Ask The Question "Did You Die?" To Someone Who Is Alive? by Imustnottalk: 9:02am On Oct 01, 2021
For documentation

(1) (Reply)

Do Your Really Know This? / Photos To Restore Your Faith In Humanity / Today's July 19th, 2022 ASUU Press Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.