Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,872 members, 7,980,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:05 AM

2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread (6385 Views)

Prof Osinbajo' At Sudan's Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (photos) / Unforgettable Sights At The 2015 Presidential Inauguration / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by purplelady: 1:59pm On May 29, 2011
Beautiful and well organised ceremony. Well done Mr president.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by olaolabiy: 2:00pm On May 29, 2011
Sorry, Seun. Just joking oo.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Starlett: 2:01pm On May 29, 2011
Good progam, excellent parade, nice speeches. But what I think I love most was the calisthenics display by those kids. My goodness, they couldn't have been more than 3-7 yr olds.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by mikuz(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2011
musKeeto:

E b like say u neva watch cricket,
LWKMD!!
No be small thing o!
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by texazzpete(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2011
I'm happy you guys are getting value for your 1billion naira spent.

Now, it's time for GEJ to get to work.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by purplelady: 2:08pm On May 29, 2011
Is that TY Bello taking pictures?
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Remii(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2011
Is playing of Jailor by Asa sending a message to them or just coinsidence
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by xpress(m): 2:13pm On May 29, 2011
now why in d world would i want to watch it when their are better thns to watch, like hope channel or animal planet.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by mikuz(m): 2:15pm On May 29, 2011
How i wan dven take watch am? No nepa!!
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by purplelady: 2:18pm On May 29, 2011
@Mikuz, of course No NEPA na power holding dey.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by kulutempa: 2:19pm On May 29, 2011
purplelady:

Beautiful and well organised ceremony. Well done Mr president.

Now if only the country could be as well organised and run as the swearing in ceremony sad
Someone one said that if Nigerians could organise their country as well as they organise ceremonies, parties and owambes, Nigeria would be a superpower!
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by olaolabiy: 2:22pm On May 29, 2011
kulutempa:

Now if only the country could be as well organised and run as the swearing in ceremony sad
Someone one said that if Nigerians could organise their country as well as they organise ceremonies, parties and owambes, Nigeria would be a superpower!

Or, as well as we organize churches. smiley
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by purplelady: 2:29pm On May 29, 2011
@Kulutempa, one step at a time, Nigeria is on her way to becoming a SUPERPOWER.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Guchis(f): 2:36pm On May 29, 2011
purplelady:

Is that TY Bello taking pictures?

Yea, it's TY.  Looks like she got exclusive rights to cover the event pictorially cos she's the only photographer i see following Jonathan around undecided

Thumbs up to her, she's  done very well for herself.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 29, 2011
i prefer to watch a corrupt GEJ taking the oath of office than the blood thirsty demon, murderer and enemy of southern Nigeria called buhari.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by kulutempa: 3:01pm On May 29, 2011
rafhell:

i prefer to watch a corrupt GEJ taking the oath of office than the blood thirsty demon, murderer and enemy of southern Nigeria called buhari.

I prefer none of them.  This is one the key problems with Nigeria where you have so called leaders and politicians exploiting divisions and religious and  tribal sentiments while they laugh all the way to the bank.  I don't care where any of Nigeria's leaders come from as long as they are competent and have the best interests of the country at heart.  If Fashola had been from  Bauchi state, with tribal marks all over his face and body,  and goro stained teeth, and runs for Nigeria's presidency, I would vote for him anyday.    I would even vote for a capable almajiri who has the right qualities to move this country forward, and take us out of the sorry mess that we are in.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by rebranded(m): 3:06pm On May 29, 2011
Why all the excitement, its the same President we had yesterday, 3months ago, 1yr ago. . .he just got a 4yrs extension so what
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by rasqman: 3:10pm On May 29, 2011
GEJ, no light to watch your inauguration o and my 'i pass my neigbhour' refused to start! grin

Nigeria We Hail Thee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by mikuz(m): 3:11pm On May 29, 2011
purplelady:

@Mikuz, of course No NEPA na power holding dey.
LOL!!
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by ziscky: 3:33pm On May 29, 2011
how can i watch it online, particularly the ceremony in owerri
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Aussie(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2011
Hmmmm. The begining of another round of merrigo-randing. I wonder want Ugandan president was doing there after nigerians were told he and other controversial leaders were not invited. I saw Robert Mugabe too, one the world's worst dictators.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 3:55pm On May 29, 2011
rebranded:

Why all the excitement, its the same President we had yesterday, 3months ago, 1yr ago. . .he just got a 4yrs extension so what

I wonder. This whole thing is just a senseless waste if money. Couldn't Goodluck find a village clinic somewhere to build with all this money? Or have we finished feeding all the starving Nigerian children that we have so much cash to spare for inaugural banquets, presidential thanksgiving services and all the other retar.ded jamborees these people are doing?

Nonsense.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Twoboys: 4:16pm On May 29, 2011
Would like to salute the fine men and women of our security forces who worked so hard to make this an hitch free excercise. Often when things go wrong like the october 1st incident, we blame them for everything. Think is time to give some credit and hope this is just the new face of things to be. Congratulations to all nigerians, it feels good to know that we can still make good things happen again after all.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Nonymartin(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2011
i just loved the show.

Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by mazaje(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2011
Evil Brain link=topic=678019.msg8414960#msg[b:
8414960 date=1306680922]
I wonder. This whole thing is just a senseless waste if money. Couldn't Goodluck find a village clinic somewhere to build with all this money?[/b] Or have we finished feeding all the starving Nigerian children that we have so much cash to spare for inaugural banquets, presidential thanksgiving services and all the other retar.ded jamborees these people are doing?

Nonsense.

That's because you assume that the rich people in power care about the poor and underprivileged masses. . . . . .
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Orikinla(m): 4:34pm On May 29, 2011
See better reports on http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2011/05/president-goodluck-jonathan-must-prove.html.

Including the following:

Fashola sworn-in for a second term in Lagos State

· Gov Chime, his deputy Onyebuchi sworn in at Okpara Square

· Don’t marginalize the judiciary—CJ pleads

· New Kwara governor promises to create job opportunities

Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by just1(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2011
TY Bello don make bah madt, she was d sole photographer
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 29, 2011
purplelady:
@Kulutempa, one step at a time, Nigeria is on her way to becoming a SUPERPOWER.

I dey laff in Vietnamese.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by friedrice1: 5:48pm On May 29, 2011
At the end of the day, N1 billion filters into thin air for an occasion that would have quietly taken place in conference room.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 29, 2011
any youtube links pls?? just wanna see the highlights.
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 29, 2011
While a lot of people do not have hope in the abilities of GEJ to bring about effective governance, for some reason i feel he will accomplish things and he will set a good precedence! No matter what your reservations are about him, i encourage every Nigerian to support him. He was chosen by God no matter what we might think, so lets all support him in the hopes of a better Nigeria.
One Love One Nation, One Nigeria (at least for now!)
Re: 2011 Nigerian Presidential Inauguration Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 29, 2011
"According to him, the government is renewing its commitment to law and order because it is the most essential pre-condition for the achievement of all the aims and aspirations of the government and people of Lagos State."

Those were excerpts from Fashola's inauguration speech. I think he is very right about that. An important pre-condition in human advancement is LAW and ORDER!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tension In Alesa As Soldiers Kill Man / Pic: Students Caught Headmaster Having Sex With Female Maths Teacher / Arewa Youths Blast Tinubu, Mock Him On Twitter (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.