Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,040 members, 7,909,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 01:25 PM

A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong (411 Views)

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates / "I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by Interesting15: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
So, on Wednesday 29th September 2021, myself and some friends went around to evangelise and tell people about the Love of GOD in Christ Jesus. After witnessing to some persons we met on the way, we entered a quiet street where we saw some boys playing ball.

Now, I've been lately developing great interest in speaking the Truth to very young chaps, particularly teenagers and those still in secondary schools. Hence, I try giving them good attention, when I want to share God's Word in the neighborhood.

So, we approached one of the boys sitting near by, and I initiated a conversation, making him comfortable with us before anything else. Another boy stopped playing with the rest and joined us. The first boy (Timi by name) told us he is in SS2, while the second boy (Ayomide) made it known that he is in SS1

I started, in a very simple way, sharing the gospel with them. While Timi wasn't paying much attention, Ayomide was obviously very interested, giving great attention to what we were saying.

Along the lines, I started telling them how the devil is eager to destroy the lives of young people in our world today by introducing and getting them addicted to sinful stuff. I gave them some examples - like killing, kidnapping, drugs, alcohol, internet fraud (Yahoo Yahoo)... As soon as I mentioned Yahoo-Yahoo, a seemingly shocked Ayomide interupted me with a question:

"Sorry sir. Is there anything wrong with Yahoo-Yahoo?"

I was touched by his sincerity - his sincere naiveness and ignorance.

I started explaining why it's wrong, and I'm glad he paid great attention. Before leaving, we prayed for them and committed them into the hands of GOD.

Here are the things I want you to take note:

1. Don't keep the gospel away from these very young chaps. Let's do more in getting the Life of God's Kingdom to them too. The devil is working really hard to destroy them with terrible things.

Please, pray for these youngsters

2. Many young chaps indulging in certain wrong things are sincerely not aware of the wrongness of such (or the great terrible repercussions attached to them). There are still many naive sinners out there. Let's help them by dispensing the Truth of God's Word. Let's bring them into Jesus' fold

I remembered a brother telling me how he was admonishing his friend to stop having sex with his fiancee. He was shocked when his friend asked him with sincerity: "But I thought there's nothing bad when we do it with someone we are engaged to"

Light must keep overcoming darkness.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2021/10/a-boy-was-shocked-when-i-told-him-yahoo.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by Interesting15: 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Scripture says: "He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil" 1 John 3:8

Jesus has given us the power and authority to keep uprooting the evil works of the devil on earth, establishing the Light of God's Kingdom everywhere, saving multitudes from darkness. Amen
Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by Interesting15: 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
I want to advise every young people to watch this new movie from Mount Zion. It is titled "Legion". Simply search for it on YouTube and watch it for free.

It reveals how the devil and sin can destroy the lives of people - particularly folks who want to do anything to get money.

Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by Sorrento: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2021
O
Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by Interesting15: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
lalasticlala
Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by Righteousness2(m): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2021
I Have Come to understand that There are so many Evils that many people Engage in and they feel they are not Sins.

Many Preachers today are not telling the people the truth of the Gospel. Many are only interested in 10% and Earthly gains thereby they become hooked and cannot preach the truth.

Listen Folks! All Unrighteousness is Sin.
Stealing, lying, Unforgivness, Smoking, Cultism, Duping someone under any guise, effeminate, Yahoo, Drugs, Abortion, Murder, Suicide, fornication, Adultery, Malice, Deceit, Witchcraft, Gambling, etc Every Unrighteousness is Sin.

If you are in a place where you Given the words that just suits you, you are playing with your Soul. Walk out and look for Place where the Raw truth of GOD is preached.

Go for the Truth. It may Hurt you , but it will Save your Soul.

2 Likes

Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by Brandonx(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
Let me mind my businesses before they come for me.

Honestly you can’t make real money if you’re not street wise and for one to be street wise, you know the drill undecided

I never made any real money till I engaged in some sharp practices.

Being smart is not a Sin.

Disclaimer: I’m not encouraging fraud (yahoo Yahoo)
Just be smart.
Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by MufasaLion: 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
All in all just BE STREET SMART!
Re: A Boy Was Shocked When I Told Him Yahoo-yahoo Is Wrong by JIREN01: 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
Yahoo yahoo means internet fraud, and everyone knows it's wrong abeg. What sincerity?

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: Dr. Akunyili Died With Biafra War Bullet In His Skull - Children / WARNING: Some Cartoons Are Now Spiced With Queered Sexual Contents. / Obinna Ozoemena Ambrose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.