Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

How The People Of Egbe Sold Their Rosewood - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How The People Of Egbe Sold Their Rosewood (186 Views)

The Real Pictures Of The People In All Our Naira Notes (Pictures) / These Folks Sold Their Souls To Satan / Young Lesbian Couple From Tanzania Wins The Heart Of The People After Posting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The People Of Egbe Sold Their Rosewood by sayle1952: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
In 2013, I was in Egbe, Yagba West Local Government Area of Kogi State for a job. When I was there, logging was a booming trade. Popularly called "Madrin" the youths in the land had no other job than logging of Rosewood. However, before I left that place, there was a decline in the trade as these people continued to cut down their trees without thinking of planting. When there was more wood to cut, some took to okada riding, while those who were used to the easy money that used to come their way saw crime as an alternative.
The story of Egbe people shows the general outlook of the average Nigerian. We just wan t to satiate the cravings of the moment and forget that tomorrow will come bearing the seeds that we sowed today or failed to sow.

(1) (Reply)

1:45am Is Facebook Down Again? / Love Test / #accelerating The CDC Announces: International Travelers Vaccinated Can Enter Th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.