Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,477 members, 7,951,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:00 AM

Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year (9857 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / 114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / TB Joshua Delivers Nneoma Ukpabi From Overdue Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2011
DNA shocker! Precious Donatus-Ogbonna, not the mother of 7 ‘miracle babies’
on JULY 23, 2011 · in NEWS

BY Ishola Balogun
A lie may take you far, but it will not take you home. Just about the time we are going to press, the much awaited result of the DNA came and the truth began to manifest.

Regardless of the finessing of reasons and the faith she professes, as a Pastor of Holy Ghost Salvation Ministry, Owerri, Precious Donatus Ogboona chose to lie, she chose to deceive Nigerians about the seven babies, claiming she bore them serially within a one year period.

But right now, we have reached the state of disequilibrium where the truth has conquered.

The preliminary result of the DNA test conducted pen-ultimate week, Monday July 11, 2011 has revealed that — Precious Donatus Ogbonna is not the mother of the babies.

The result of the test which was conducted by Pathcare Nigeria Limited in partnership with Pathcare South Africa, states “Maternity is excluded in more than two of fifteen DNA maker systems. Biological maternity of the alleged mother individual 1(MS P C P OGBONNA, ID: 24/11/1974) is therefore EXCLUDED”

Precious Ogbonna who is still in Police custody in Owerri had insisted she gave birth to the seven babies. She refused to disclose the hospital where she alleged to have given birth to the seven babies until recently when apparently Police

became tough on her, thereby revealing Nurse Blessing Maternity home in Port-Harcourt claiming she delivered 5 of the babies in the home.

She also insisted in an interview before her arrest that she was still expecting another babies saying God had revealed to her that she was going to have ten babies.

Before now Precious has been childless for about twelve years of marriage before she came up with this multiple birth story.

According to her claim, she bore the first baby on August 25 2009, Amarachi who died after five days. Followed by Conqueror, (female) May 6, 2010. The third baby, June 3, 2010, (Chizitere, female); fourth baby, August 16, 2010 (Ekpereamaka, male); fifth baby, September 19, 2010, (Fineseed Angel, female); sixth baby, October 19, 2010 (Evidence, female); seventh baby, January 13, 2011,( Flourish, male), eight baby, April 2, 2011, (Ebenezer, male) .

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/dna-shocker-precious-donatus-ogbonna-not-the-mother-of-7-%E2%80%98miracle-babies%E2%80%99/
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
Lie may be hundreds of kilometres ahead of truth, but, truth will surely catches up with lie. Precious Ogbonna, you are a disgraced to the community of Christians. Your likes are the reason the name of our God is been rubbished by every d i c k and harry. May God have mercy on you.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
No! I won’t accept DNA result, says Precious Ogbonna
on JULY 29, 2011 · in JUST HUMAN

By Ishola Balogun
When the news of the DNA result was broken to Precious Donatus Ogbonna at the Owerri prison, her new abode following the court order that she should be remanded in prison pending the determination of her case, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Speechless for a while, she mumbled some words, “No, No! It is not possible!”

She had actually expected the reverse.

Even under the massive disappointment, she did not feel any guilt. Although, she seemed to be tormented by her predicament, she said the result of the DNA is not acceptable to her.

Precious, at every interaction with the reporter had insisted on a DNA test to prove her case. She also wanted a blood sample of her husband to prove he is the father of the children. She probably thought a genetic test result was something she could manipulate by will.

Before the test was conducted, she insisted it was the only thing that would vindicate her, shouting “never” to a suggest that it might not favour her.

But with the results out and excluding her as the biological mother of the babies, she yet insisted the babies are hers, adding that if she should be allowed to visit Nurse Blessing’s home, she would deliver another baby she’d been expecting .

Miracle babies, where did she get these babies from?
But why did she not deliver the baby in the prison? Why must it be Nurse Blessing’s home?
Some had opined that she needs a psychiatric test to determine her level of sanity, as her behaviour smacks of a relative demented reasoning.

Although not many people expected her to be repentant, it was expected however that she would have been softened before the case comes up for hearing on August 17, 2011 again.

See DNA results here

We also gathered that all her friends in Owerri who had corroborated her claim on the babies were taken aback when the result was communicated to them. A friend of hers who earlier posited that she was the real mother of the babies and couldn’t have adopted up to seven babies declined comment when contacted on phone.

The situation is not any better among the members of her church as an impeccable source said that the result of the DNA published last week had divided members of her church- Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministry, Owerri. The source maintained that the result which was first discussed in hush tones, turned members against one another.

“Some members of her church have tactically withdrawn their loyalty and denounced their membership of the church while some insisted they will see the case to a logical conclusion.” The source added that, “ a big generator belonging to the church was recently removed by unknown persons while some other properties of the church have been vandalised.

But like the saying that the wind has blown and we’ve have seen the rump of a fowl, there is no more hidding place for falsehood.

Given the relative accuracy of the Deoxyribonucleic Acid, known as DNA, and how it has helped similar cases of unanswered questions with incontestable proof of authenticity, results obtained on her DNA and the seven babies proved that she is not the mother of the babies. With 99% certainty of DNAs according to experts, no more doubts.

It states: “The paternity/maternity test at the DNA-level makes use of fifteen (15) STR-marker system, Sex is confirmed with the STR-markers system Amelogenin X, Y. In general, EXCLUSION BY TWO OR MORE SYSTEMS is accepted as EXCLUSION of paternity/maternity. Inclusion by all systems confirms paternity/maternity with great certainty. The discrimination power is calculated to be at least 99.99%.

The final result now states: “ Maternity is excluded in more than two of fifteen DNA marker systems. Biological maternity of the alleged mother individual 1 (MS P C P OGBONNA, ID: 24/11/1974) is therefore EXCLUDED”

The system according to Geneticists is that if two people differ by more than 4 or 5 markers, their chances of having a common ancestor in historic time are essentially nil.

By this, it means inclusive paternity/maternity test results however refer to the likelihood that someone is the father or mother of the child. In the test conducted, Precious Donatus Ogbonna is excluded on all the seven babies.
Before the DNA, an impeccable Police source in the Command told Saturday Vanguard that from the tests so far conducted, there was no proof of a recent pregnancy, adding that the woman is not also pregnant currently.

Rather, it was revealed she has a large fibroid in her womb. “Her virginal hymen is still copious. It is not possible that she gave birth to that number of children with the hymen remaining the way it is.”

The question now is, “where did she get the babies from and who are those involved in this huge racket? What will happen to those babies?”
Her insistence on Nurse Blessing’s home provides a lead to some of these un-answered questions. She had said she delivered five of the babies at Nurse Blessing’s Home.

Nurse Blessing was said to deliver pregnant women by massaging, and using warm water on the women’s belly. In our investigation in Porth-Harcourt, where she is based, we gathered that she collects as much as N300,00 – N500,000 as delivery fee. We also gathered that she was trained by one popular woman in Okigwe who charges as much as N1million.

This could be a racket yet to be uncovered.

As she faces child trafficking charge at the Owerri Chief Magistrate Court, which was adjourned to August 17, 2011, and with the DNA ‘excluding’ her as mother of the babies, she risks a 14-year jail term. But will Precious and Nurse Blessing help the police to locate the mothers of the babies?

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/no-i-won%E2%80%99t-accept-dna-result-says-precious-ogbonna/

Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by tpia5: 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
i've said the woman might not know the babies arent hers.

nurse blessing has probably vamoosed by now, or is putting together a defence team.
Re: Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year by luluosas(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
More drama on this woman.

Precious, miracle birth woman gets baby no 8
on SEPTEMBER 24, 2011 · in JUST HUMAN

By Ishola Balogun and Chijioke Nwankpa
The life-affirming tale of Precious Donatus Ogbonna and her controversial babies is yet to be over as she has delivered another baby, the same way she delivered seven others bringing the number to eight in a space of 16 months, and about two months after she was released on bail from the prison custody.

The so-called birth took place at 12:15 am Thursday, at Rose Natural Clinic, Afam Street, Heritage junction, beside Paradise International School, Afam, Oyigbo, Port-Harcourt, Rivers state. It was one of the places SaturdayVanguard had reported of carrying out mysterious deliveries. Precious is yet standing trial in court over child trafficking.

Her lawyer, Barrister B. E Nwigwe had written Vanguard informing it of the planned delivery and requested everybody to witness the process. He said he had also written the Police, the Court and NAPTIP to be part of the process. Among all these, only Vanguard was present at the place during the birth.

Precious Ogbonna carrying her new baby home
The reporter had arrived Owerri, Imo state on Tuesday, ahead of the planned delivery scheduled for Wednesday September 21, 2011.

She didn’t appear as an expectant woman, moving about with so much agility that no one could believe she was pregnant let alone about to deliver a baby. But she told Saturday Vanguard that the last time she went for antenatal at the same clinic, she was given September 21 as her delivery date.

She added: “the thing has been disturbing me since the last few months.” She said she chose the clinic against the conventional hospital because the hospitals did not see anything in her stomach other than fibroid, but Rose Natural Clinic, detected it was a baby and gave her an Expected Date of Delivery, EDD.

On Wednesday, the reporter travelled from Lagos to Owerri to join Precious and four other women who are members of her church in a commercial ITC bus to Port-Harcourt at about 1:15pm. We did not reach Port Harcout until about 4:10pm.

The stress of driving on the Aba-Port Harcourt road was phenomenal, exacerbated by the bad road along Oyigbo, Aba road. It was the most deplorable road in the country. That also was enough to induce labour on a heavily pregnant woman passing through the road in a popular ‘Keke NAPEP’. We arrived the clinic at about 5:05pm and was joined by another Vanguard reporter based in Port-Harcourt.

There was no indication denoting an activity of such going in the environment. The only sign post in that area was erected at the Heritage Junction, about a kilometre from the house and it read Ogechi Natural Clinic. No other natural clinic was known in the neighbourhood.

It was a two- apartment bungalow. The first where the delivery took place was occupied by Nurse Rose for her activities. The large sitting room is used as the waiting room where guests and patients are received. There is a lobby by the right hand side of the waiting room which has a toilet and a room used as labour room.

There were three other middle aged women billed for delivery that evening. They all had a similar appearance which did not portray heavy pregnancy. After several hours of waiting, four tea-cups were passed around to the four ‘expectant women’. All the four women drank the substance in it which the nurse said would aid ‘labour.Few minutes later, she began walking around, exercising her body apparently to aid the ‘labour’. They were called in according to their turns.

Precious was the second in the list. She told Saturday Vanguard that she had been tested and that the nurse confirmed that she could feel the head of the baby and that she would be the second person on the list.

The first person had a baby girl about ten minutes after she was called in. Precious who went inside the ‘labour room’ about 11 25pm did not come out until 12: 15am. No one was allowed inside the labour room to witness the process, not even any of the female members of her church was allowed into the labour room. Precious had assured Saturday Vanguard that a third party would be allowed to witness the process in order to vindicate her, but the fair-skinned Nurse Rose objected, arguing that such a demand would not be made in a conventional clinic . She threatened that she would walk-out if Precious should insist. She entered the labour room all alone with Nurse Rose.

Right from the moment she entered, it was shouts of ‘Jesus’ and cries of pain. The cry rent the air so much that all the women in the waiting room began to pray. Ada Ngozi, her personal assistant who was arrested with her in June and recently got released on bail did not fail to show her dexterity as a prayer warrior. Eventually, when Nurse Rose finished with Precious, she asked whoever cared to come and see the baby. The baby was dressed up while other women took their turns in the delivery room. They all had baby girls and none of them breastfed their babies. From about 12:15 am till about 8:30am when we were with her, we observed that Precious’ baby was not breastfed nor fed in whatever way throughout our stay. The baby did not cry either. With this development, the issue of Precious controversial birth is yet unresolved.

Responding to questions after the delivery, Precious said she is satisfied and believes that she would be vindicated. On when she got the EDD, she said she was given the date recently when she went for check up at the same clinic. We gathered that Nurse Blessing in whose clinic she delivered five of her babies refused to handle her latest delivery with an alibi that she was on vacation and would only resume after the dedication of her baby in October.

Precious however told Saturday Vanguard that she had one of her babies in the same Rose Natural Clinic.

Asked to narrate what happened in the labour room, she said, “it was not easy, I almost collapsed. I didn’t even know that I was going to survive it. They said that the head of the baby was too big and she gave me a heavy cut. In the process, I had muscle pull which I had not experienced in life before. The baby wanted to die and the nurse asked me to co-operate .They had to beat me very well before God gave me the strength. I even vomited seriously. Whenever I wanted to push, I would vomit. They threatened to leave me if I did not co-operate.The pain was too much. It was hard a labour.

On the possibility of having more babies, since she had said in an earlier interview that God said she was going to have ten babies, we asked whether the nurse also detected more babies coming, she said: “No, the nurse did not tell me anything like that. Further conversation goes thus:

When did you conceive this baby?

It was the same conception. You will recall I told you I was feeling some kicks in my stomach in one of your interviews and this resulted into the baby.

So, are you still expecting more babies?

Ehm! I can’t say that for now, but if there is any development, I will let you know. I just put to bed now, I can’t say.

While you were shouting in the labour room, was the light off?

No, it was on. Before I went into the labour room, I called one of you to go and check if there was any thing hidden.

One of the four ladies who went with her to the clinic in Port Harcourt, Chidima Okorowu, Lolo of Eze Izonme community in Oguta local government area of Imo state, said: “Today I thank God that the truth has come to life. It is a divine work of the Lord. We travelled together, and when we got to the clinic, Rose Natural Clinic, there were other expectant women. It was a prolonged pregnancy, but God used the woman to deliver her. It was also a prolonged labour, we were all panicking, but God intervened. The woman in the process went into a coma before she was injected and resuscitated.”

Given these circumstances, Lolo, Chidinma said she believes the process and that Precious truly gave birth to the baby. “Under these cicumstances, I think people should believe her because I saw that she passed through painful and prolonged labour. Before she entered, I saw that water came out of her body and after the baby came out, I saw when the umbilical cord and placenta were cut.”

Dates of births of her babies

August 25 2009, Amarachi (died after five days); second baby, May 6, 2010 (Conqueror, female); third baby, June 3, 2010, (Chizitere, female); fourth baby, August 16, 2010 (Ekpereamaka, male); fifth baby, September 19, 2010, (Fineseed Angel, female); sixth baby, October 19, 2010 (Evidence, female); seventh baby, January 13, 2011,( Flourish, male), eight baby, April 2, 2011, (Ebenezer, male) . Now the eighth baby, September 21, 2011, named Hero Delight Chimedere (God wants me to live)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/precious-miracle-birth-woman-gets-baby-no-8/

(1) (2) (Reply)

@ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here / The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.