Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,908 members, 7,938,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (337350 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
[quote author=abysirius]I hold a B.Tech in Transport Mgt. from LAUTECH and I'm interested in pursuing a career in HR. In fact, I want to write CIPM. Do you think I can get any exemption? Kindly advice..[/quote

Of course you should get. Go to cipm web and check exemptions requirement.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by jantil: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
Really appreciative of d insightful work u guys ar doin here. kip up d gud wrk. Kindly assist me by givin me info on where and how much I can learn a gud HR Software i.e. peoplesoft etc. I like to knw d duratn as well..Urgent. Thks....
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by odunayo66: 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pls Help With CIPM Intership Placement

I graduated 3 years ago with a bachelor degree with 2:1 and am in my final stage of the chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria(CIPM). I need a Placement for the HR Mandatory Experience in any structured organisation. My mail address is ask4odun@hotmail.com
Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by hustla(m): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2012
Please I finished Mass Comm with a 2.2...Can I study Industrial Relations and Personnel Management at Masters level and still be able to be on PAR in terms of H.R? Are they similar? And would it make sense to back It up with CIPM and other management professional courses? Please help me cite other examples of needed professional exams/courses
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by seye2012: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2012
Have you tried visiting http://www.nairaoutlet.com/. You can advertise anything you want.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:41am On Aug 10, 2012
hustla: Please I finished Mass Comm with a 2.2...Can I study Industrial Relations and Personnel Management at Masters level and still be able to be on PAR in terms of H.R? Are they similar? And would it make sense to back It up with CIPM and other management professional courses? Please help me cite other examples of needed professional exams/courses
Thanks

Mass Comm/IRPM? Perfect combination. Do remember to make CIPM essential because it's becoming a must for all HR Professionals to have it. All the best.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by hustla(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
yemmight:

Mass Comm/IRPM? Perfect combination. Do remember to make CIPM essential because it's becoming a must for all HR Professionals to have it. All the best.

God bless you Sir..
Is it all the levels of CIPM I have to undergo? And are there centres in Lagos? I saw for only Ibadan,Abuja and one other state
Do reply sir
Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by hustla(m): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
yemmight:

A few of those skills are highlighted below:

- Interpersonal skills to relate with people
- Conflict resolution skills
- You should know a bit or more of statistics and finance
- Effective spoken and written comm
- Demonstration of integrity and confidentiality.

And for people that don't know much about statistics
Would majority be taught or learnt on the job or during CIPM trainings?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cutesy(f): 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
Hi, will an ican certification (ACA) grant an exemption from foundation and intermediate?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
hustla:

And for people that don't know much about statistics
Would majority be taught or learnt on the job or during CIPM trainings?

You hv your Training Centers, Study packs etc. Dont be scared.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
hustla:

God bless you Sir..
Is it all the levels of CIPM I have to undergo? And are there centres in Lagos? I saw for only Ibadan,Abuja and one other state
Do reply sir
Thanks

No. We do have exemptions. We have several centers in Lagos.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by hustla(m): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
yemmight:

No. We do have exemptions. We have several centers in Lagos.

God bless you abundantly sir cool
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by jantil: 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
I av an interview n I really nd ur contribtn. I am a new chartered member of CIPM. I just got an invitatn 4 interview n d job descriptn says : I will b in charge of hr, but payrol and performance mgt, are areas they wld want to assess bt am nt well versed in it bcs my organisatn is nt organised. The job specificatn says I must b able to use excel, n other accounting pakages. My challenges are hw can I use excel 2 do payroll? Hw can I set up a performance structure/system in a new organisatn. (because I knw these are areas they'll b interested in). Am counting on ur views. Thks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:18am On Aug 15, 2012
jantil: I av an interview n I really nd ur contribtn. I am a new chartered member of CIPM. I just got an invitatn 4 interview n d job descriptn says : I will b in charge of hr, but payrol and performance mgt, are areas they wld want to assess bt am nt well versed in it bcs my organisatn is nt organised. The job specificatn says I must b able to use excel, n other accounting pakages. My challenges are hw can I use excel 2 do payroll? Hw can I set up a performance structure/system in a new organisatn. (because I knw these are areas they'll b interested in). Am counting on ur views. Thks in anticipation.

Payroll is simple. The only requirement payroll manager must have is integrity. If you go for interview, please don't say what you cannot do. Even if you cannot use excel for payroll, and if you a familiar with same, settling down in that area wont be an issue. I think you can still sell that. It takes a close of work maximum to know how to use formula for payroll and that's what you need. That Accountant near you will be of good to help. They are very good at it. Software for payroll, don't ever claim you have used it when u have not. The only thing you can sell there is as long as you can use excel for payroll, using software will be more easier and which is true.

Performance appraisal could be a bi-annual or annual process. Its an exercise where Superior tries to review the performances of subordinates under him. HR will generate appraisal forms and such forms are distributed to all unit heads to be processed and be returned at a given period. HR review the processed forms, recommend where necessary and summary of appraisal sent to management for approval and implementation. But you must know PMS policy should have been in place before implementing appraisal. That would have stated clearly the processes, grades, steps, duration and implementation. I wish u luck.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by jantil: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
Thk u so much, I rly appreciate ur response. God bless u n ur family @yemmight.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by tolex29(f): 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
@yemmight and others,
I am an experienced HR professional and would appreciate if you guys would link me with HR vacancies as I am currently out of job. My email add is daprecocious@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2012
tolex29: @yemmight and others,
I am an experienced HR professional and would appreciate if you guys would link me with HR vacancies as I am currently out of job. My email add is daprecocious@yahoo.com. Thanks

Forward your cv to o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk and tag it from Nairaland. I will also send it to a few good recruitment firms i have done business with in the past.

All the best.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2012
Gd day Yemi. My niece is doing her CIPM but she works with a telecoms company as a call rep. Will she have to do a mandatory 1yr HR internship in an organization before she is awarded the certificate? There is no way she can leave her job and go and do internship in another organization for 1yr. Pls, enlighten me. Thnks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by tolex29(f): 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
@yemmight

Thank you and God bless. I have just done as you instructed!
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lollypop2(f): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
Please guys really need a job. Am based in abuja, have a first degree in accounting,MBA in human resource and I just finished d final stage exams for Cipm awaiting the result.I have about 2years experience in human resource mgt.pls u can send me a mail for any vacancy Kaff.Smith@gmail.com. Please which trainning centre in abuja can I do payroll trainning or certification if there is anyting like that? Thanks guys
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Obinacu(m): 9:56am On Aug 31, 2012
achmed1: hello, am a fresh graduate of unilorin with b.ed edu/management,i wish to start a career in human resources mgt. To this end i want to pursue a relevant masters degree .pls i need info of nigerian universities of such progams.

Bro, please i have tried contacting you via email but i ain't getting a response from you. There is some tips i need to know regards the CIPM and will appreciate if you can shoot me an email. Thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
lolly pop: Please guys really need a job. Am based in abuja, have a first degree in accounting,MBA in human resource and I just finished d final stage exams for Cipm awaiting the result.I have about 2years experience in human resource mgt.pls u can send me a mail for any vacancy Kaff.Smith@gmail.com. Please which trainning centre in abuja can I do payroll trainning or certification if there is anyting like that? Thanks guys

Check Visual HR they might just be all you looking for.

Visual HR
Abuja Office:
Suite B19, 1st Floor, Amma Center,
Oro-Ago Crescent, Garki II Abuja
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lollypop2(f): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ok! Thanks will check the place
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by gbokukueba(m): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2012
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Theodora(f): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
hello guys,
Nice to meet some HR people in here. Has anyone ever written the professional Human Resource(PHR) certification? It is one of a group of HR certifications. i am planning on writing the exam this year and was wondering if anybody here has written it in the past.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by TheOP1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
Theodora ,i thought you wasnted to become a presenter?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Theodora: hello guys,
Nice to meet some HR people in here. Has anyone ever written the professional Human Resource(PHR) certification? It is one of a group of HR certifications. i am planning on writing the exam this year and was wondering if anybody here has written it in the past.

I thinks lots of people have asked that question on this forum and its seems we usually dont have an answer.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by fummy23: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2012
Hello everybody am new here. Just wrote the last
CIPM exams (PE1), just discovered that to qualify as an associate member of CIPM I need to have a year experience which I don't have. Please I need the address of consulting firms. Thank ‎​Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2012
fummy23: Hello everybody am new here. Just wrote the last
CIPM exams (PE1), just discovered that to qualify as an associate member of CIPM I need to have a year experience which I don't have. Please I need the address of consulting firms. Thank ‎​Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥.

They are lots of consulting firms with different areas of specialization so you need to let us know what you are seek for.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by fummy23: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
@yemmight please I need consulting firms that recruits graduate trainees because most job adverts have seen the years of experience is quite high
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
fummy23: @yemmight please I need consulting firms that recruits graduate trainees because most job adverts have seen the years of experience is quite high

Check Workforce Management Centre Ltd
Swiss House, Plot 9, Block A,
Gbagada Industrial Scheme, Beside UPS Gbagada Expressway, Lagos
Mobile : 08129207978

Micheal Stevens Consulting,
22B, Rafiu Shittu Street,
Alaka Estate, Surulere,
P. O. Box 528, Apapa,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Phone: 234-1-774-2512; 791-0465

Kimberly Ryan Limited
4a Louis Solomon Close,
Off Ahmadu Bello Way,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.