Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,218 members, 7,910,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:41 AM

Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) (66565 Views)

How To Make Your Business Go Viral Online / Tony Elumelu Wears N400,000 Shirt To Staff Lunch Meeting (Photos) / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by hopebacy(m): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2021
CampussNews:
Not what he wears, not what he sells. What intrigues me about the video is the joy and happiness on his face. He is so full of life and humour embarassed

My observation : Even though I'm the OP, I still doubt this guy is 22 grin shocked ... Well, he said it with his own mouth but there's no way I'm older than he is. That is someone's grandfather we talking about bruvv undecided Lastly, if you love Campus gossips and you don't visit you're wrong!
believe me to tell you that i know that guy. Back then in school, he usually comes to sell the ogidi for us, I don't think he is lying about his age cos am just surprised seeing him all grown.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by stanliwise(m): 7:43am On Oct 03, 2021
habsydiamond:
This made me remember of those abokis wey go dey use dirty water wash fruits.. Na only God know how many days dem dey wear one cloth.... Strategy is important in business... If u can strategies well no matter what u are selling be it leaves.. U will make ur money.
Taking a look at the video, it all speak about how unemployment has dealt with its people. Such an educated young man still hawks Agidi.

Well I take nothing from him. He is hard working and not relenting but then again
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Gobdddd(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2021
Honestly am impressed.

I like what I saw.
This guy is doing well.

But, how can I order for that agidi?

I want to have a taste of the educated agidi

[Note author=CampussNews post=106370424]A 22-Year Old Indigene of Akwa Ibom state named Moses Ubi who dresses in corporate wears to sell 'agidi' has gone viral on the internet after an interview with BBC News Pidgin.

Moses Ubi is a hawker who plies his trade with a ‘corporate’ style and his strategy has earned him some worthy spotlight. His story went viral weeks ago for dressing like a bank official while hawking food on the streets.

The native of Akwa Ibom state said that he is the only qualified, recognised, and educated person selling educated agidi.

According to Moses, he offers a balanced diet with his food, as it has numerous nutrients in it.

The 22-year-old explained that he dresses well as a part of a grand strategy to attract customers. He added that once you like his dressing, you would want to taste what he is hawking.

Interestingly, he revealed that when he started speaking English as a strategy, his use of the spoken language was not good until he perfected it.

The young man said that the first time he started dressing corporately, he was laughed out by his neighbour but he kept at it because he thought to himself; why should he shy away from something that gives him money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-FUFExswRQ

https:///nigerian-man-who-dresses-in-corporate-to-hawk-food-goes-viral-online-video/[/quote]
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by richbox(m): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2021
KarinaLove:
I saw this picture two days ago.

Quite disturbing.

What is he trying to prove now.

So that one rich man working in one big Oil Company will see him and like him for his cooperate dressing while Hawking under the hot sun and be like

Trash ...
"Hmmm...I like your drive and approach to work. I like your zeal and bla bla bla. Take my card. Call me. I work for an oil firm. Let me help you get a job in my company"

Somebody should tell him that his strategy is good but might not work all the time.

How many Nigerians working in Oil Firms or Telecomms will see their fellow men and want to help them get jobs in their own jobs.
Nobody wants you to rise above them.

My 2 cents.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by seyz91(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2021
thought as much at first but the joy in his face and his coming fron times shows and tells otherwise
Nackzy:
Could this be a strategy
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by enemyofprogress: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2021
See as him resemble lalasticlala
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by jaeyking(m): 8:59am On Oct 03, 2021
Psalmistproject:

Bad belle, is he wearing it to cook the agidi or serve it? He is only serving.
It shows you don't go out. Go to international resorts and see waiters serving in a mind-blowing corporate attire. This is also true for professional ushering services.

Yea Mr social.
I believe the waiters hawk under the scorching sun on corporate attire grin grin
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Richie77: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2021
Hope this is not Yahoooo agidi
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by dheolexaone(f): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2021
God bless ur hustle man and every other legitimate hustlers out there.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Psalmistproject: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2021
jaeyking:

Yea Mr social.
I believe the waiters hawk under the scorching sun on corporate attire grin grin

Yes believe it's possible especially during outdoor occasions.

But before you engage the next gear into Foley, remember it's humans like the hawker wear coveralls with complete safety attires to labor intensely under the abrasive heatof the sun. You are too comfortable, go out to the roads and see people not deterred by the weather.
Are you a sluggered?
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 10:25am On Oct 03, 2021
Habib101:

Strategy very important and which is not thought in school
Na so o... One must develop that at some point to be successful I guess
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Originalsly: 11:30am On Oct 03, 2021
Adakintroy:

Oga if you can't tell whem someone is doing something for attention vs. when they really doing it for real reason that's you. That's why the slogan here is "everything na package". Lie!.

Everything no be package... na process till the finish stages is reach..you always talking about hating like its haters pepper spray.. In a public forum everyone must not have same opinion. Are you so weak of mind that you want yes men around you. If you have friend and you doing something and one at least don't have a strong contrary opinion you don't have friends.

This things have played out multiple times. With graduates hawking with suits. It's a gimmick to draw attention. So they are ask question and they tell pity sad stories to get sympathy. Would you ever know him if not for this act
What happens when the attention dies off and people stop being amuse by his antiques. That Hussle spirit in him better be real or his fustration will be worst than when it started.

When you starting.something be small and concentrate. you don't need the loudness for progress..you not equiped yet..small is part of progress..rest on it, own it,..be it. You have much to learn. Stop cutting corners.

If you are happy with what you do nobody has to know.

No doubt.... people do things for attention ... hoping to attract the attention of someone who will help achieve their goal ... whether it be a job ... financial assistance ... whatever. If and when the helper comes along... the stunt is immediately dropped. What is different with this guy? If you followed the story... it is his career. If it is for attention... what is the end game? He said what is his intention ... it is his passion so ... so his mouth says... and so are his actions. So what exactly can one just look at him ... after watching and listening to the video...and come to the conclusion that it is a gimmick? No doubt... everyone is entitled to his opinion ... no justification is needed.... but my response to the guy is not because his opinion differs from mine but because he said the guy is very stupid. It is just wrong to "judge" a person based on the actions of others.....regardless how many times the same situation been played out. On friends.... I never have yes men in my circle... nor any girl that will agree with everything I say.... someone who always agree with you cannot think on their own.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Gee64: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
Deceit, made in Naija.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by dfrost: 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
KarinaLove:

My 2 cents.

My advice to you:

1. Change your circle of friends.

2. You need to increase the number of cents you have.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by naija1stnigar(m): 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
His dress says it all, dress the way you will like to be addressed, dress good and be addressed with honour, dress bad and be addressed with shamefully.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by MITCHELL96: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
THERE IS JOY IN WHATEVER LEGITIMATE JOB YOU LOVE TO DO. PEOPLE WILL BUY AND BLESS YOU WITH MONEY AND GOD WILL BLESS YOU ALL ROUND.SERIOUSLY ALL NIGERIAN YOUTHS SHOULD STOP FRAUDS AND CRIME AND EMULATE THIS GREAT GUY. angry

Talking as if you haven't collected one of your yahoo friends money or follow them to flex, stfu angry
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by planetx: 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
Inappropriate dressing for our climate.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by ajl: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
KarinaLove:

Quite disturbing.

So that one rich man working in one big Oil Company will see him and like him for his cooperate dressing while Hawking under the hot sun and be like

"Hmmm...I like your drive and approach to work. I like your zeal and bla bla bla. Take my card. Call me. I work for an oil firm. Let me help you get a job in my company"

Somebody should tell him that his strategy is good but might not work all the time.

How many Nigerians working in Oil Firms or Telecomms will see their fellow men and want to help them get jobs in their own jobs.

My 2 cents.

Your head is really is messed up. Go detoxify your mind.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Adakintroy: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

No doubt.... people do things for attention ... hoping to attract the attention of someone who will help achieve their goal ... whether it be a job ... financial assistance ... whatever. If and when the helper comes along... the stunt is immediately dropped. What is different with this guy? If you followed the story... it is his career. If it is for attention... what is the end game? He said what is his intention ... it is his passion so ... so his mouth says... and so are his actions. So what exactly can one just look at him ... after watching and listening to the video...and come to the conclusion that it is a gimmick? No doubt... everyone is entitled to his opinion ... no justification is needed.... but my response to the guy is not because his opinion differs from mine but because he said the guy is very stupid. It is just wrong to "judge" a person based on the actions of others.....regardless how many times the same situation been played out. On friends.... I never have yes men in my circle... nor any girl that will agree with everything I say.... someone who always agree with you cannot think on their own.

Ok I agree about the stupid part. It's was a little disrespectful of me. But I want to establish a strong opinion. If you want to really Hussle close your eyes and think of yourself. Leave people perceptions. Just be good at what you do and keep learning. I see many in Lagos very big with English and packaging but try to get behind them on details and they fall like cards.

Morover, the average c.o.e boss does not care about outwards details. They worry about utility or functions. They present you with a task if you can solve the puzzle you in. It's that simple. Outside don't fool anyone. You can be raggedy and be intelligent underneath. What happens if you get attention from shinny outward presentation and you not that intelligent anyways. You still technically at point zero.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Adakintroy: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

Ok I agree about the stupid part. It's was a little disrespectful of me. But I wanted to establish a strong opinion. If you want to really Hussle close your eyes and think of yourself. Leave people perceptions. Just be good at what you do and keep learning. I see many in Lagos very big with English and packaging but try to get behind them in details and you find nothing underneath. Stunt can get you attention allright but it takes geniuses to persist.

The average c.o.e boss does not care about outwards details. They worry about utility or functions. They present you with a task if you can solve the puzzle you in. It's that simple. Outside don't fool anyone. You can be raggedy and be intelligent underneath. What happens if you get attention from shinny outward presentation and you not that intelligent anyways. You still technically at point zero.

By the way sef If you are really intelligent and cooperate worthy what are you even doing hawking.

1 Like

Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Velvetsky: 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
Matheusmartin:
This old man can not be 22.
You bloggers lie a lot

He is not lying about his age. I Know Moses Ubi for a very long time. He is just having an advanced looks ( looking older than his age). If you know anyone studied at UNIUYO, ask the person about him you will be shocked to know that his is not older than 22 years
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Matheusmartin: 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
Velvetsky:

He is not lying about his age. I Know Moses Ubi for a very long time. He is just having an advanced looks ( looking older than his age). If you know anyone studied at UNIUYO, ask the person about him you will be shocked to know that his is not older than 22 years
.wow
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Dialpad: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
You may be shocked that he can afford to pay your current monthly salary.

KarinaLove:

Quite disturbing.

My 2 cents.
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by Habib101: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
habsydiamond:
Na so o... One must develop that at some point to be successful I guess
Sure
Re: Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
THERE IS JOY IN WHATEVER LEGITIMATE JOB YOU LOVE TO DO. PEOPLE WILL BUY AND BLESS YOU WITH MONEY AND GOD WILL BLESS YOU ALL ROUND.SERIOUSLY ALL NIGERIAN YOUTHS SHOULD STOP FRAUDS AND CRIME AND EMULATE THIS GREAT GUY. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chidi Adimabuah: Get Free Business Promotions / Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc / 10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.