Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,483 members, 7,947,931 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:00 AM

Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding (634 Views)

My Father Plan To Curse Me On My Wedding Day, What Can I Do? / My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church / Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by babseg(m): 2:36am On May 30, 2011
Hi Nlanders, I will be getting married in few months time the problem is that I am a catholic igbo man, my fiance also an igbo girl but attends on of the popular gospel churches and my father is knight in the catholic.

The problem is that my dad us to do the wedding in catholic church while my in-law to be are insisting on going to gospel church but if I refuse to be married in catholic church I will be banished from taking communion and I love this girl what should I do pls advice me.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by REPOMAN(m): 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
Well, I will speak to you not as a canal christian but as a spiritual christian. i will ask you these few questions
1. Are you born again?
2. is your fiance born again?
if both of you are born again then pray, God will definately guide you. we are living in the world where Religion has taken over the church. if you are commited to the vision of your church, you will look for a woman who is also commited to your doctrine. is you fiance commited in her own church?. What is your responsiblity in your church? this kind of marriage many a time brings problem because of the different background of religion but if both of you can endure both of you can live happliy because it is the word of God that builds a marriage and not parental background. let me ask you this, when you eventual got married, which church will both of you attend? all these questions must be sorted out before taking any steps. let it not be after marriage that is when you are making your decision.
In your marital home or life, who do you want to please; your father, yourself or wife or God. Think of what will become of you when you please either of these persons. you must listen to God.
Brother, Frankly speaking if you married the girl be ready to face problem with your dad and your family. Although, if the girl qualifies the kind of girl you need in life then ask the Holy Spirit to Direct your path and take control.
i know wrote you late. please tell me how far you ve gone.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2011
marry in a Igbo traditional wedding. that way you will end up either pleasing or displeasing everyone.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by Azibalua(f): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
babseg:

Hi Nlanders, I will be getting married in few months time the problem is that I am a catholic igbo man, my fiance also an igbo girl but attends on of the popular gospel churches and my father is knight in the catholic.

The problem is that my dad us to do the wedding in catholic church while my in-law to be are insisting on going to gospel church but if I refuse to be married in catholic church I will be banished from taking communion and I love this girl what should I do pls advice me.
If you are born again seek pastoral guidance
Jeremiah 3:15
15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Changing Face Of The Real Church / Mrs Pleasure And The House Of Sin: The Tempter / Rent Church Building: Starting Church Or Newly Anointed Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.