Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,904 members, 7,973,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:18 AM

⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity (3924 Views)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video) / When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Let go deeper

The New Testament (Greek)

The following are New Testament examples of how this phrase, “in the name of”, was used. There is rarely a misunderstanding of the context. In almost every situation where this phrase is used the usage pattern remains constant or with negligible variation.

Example 1.

Here Saul was preaching bravely [by the authority of] Jesus, he was not professing that his name was Jesus.

(Acts 9:27) “….and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus”

(Acts 9:29) “And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians”

Example 2.

I beg of you brothers, [by the authority of] our Lord Jesus Christ, to get along with each other.

(1 Corinthians 1:10) “Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment”

Example 3.

Here the question made was asking if anyone there was baptized [by the authority of] Paul or [as his disciple]

(1 Corinthians 1:13) “Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Example 4.

Do all [as a follower of] [under the authority of] [as a disciple of] the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by him. No one is being instructed to go by the name Lord Jesus (or tell others that is their name).

(Colossians 3:17) “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him”

Example 5.

Let them pray over him, anointing him with oil [under the authority of] the Lord

(James 5:14) “Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord”

Example 6.

Repent and be baptized each of you [as a disciple of] [under the authority of] Jesus Christ.

(Acts 2:38) “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost”

This verse was not telling man what to SAY but by whose authority the baptism would be conducted.

This is the name Jesus said we should use to do church work this shows the name of God

Matthew 28:19 ►
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Example 7.

(In the Name of.. / In my Father’s Name)

“Then Peter said,.… In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk”

(Acts 3:6)

This verse is clearly telling us by “whose authority” (Jesus) this act or demonstration of power was being conducted (the command to rise and walk). It demonstrated the power given to Peter [as a follower of] Jesus Christ to work miracles through the indwelling power of the Holy Ghost/the Spirit of God (Acts 1:8; Romans 15:19). Then Peter said,.… In the name of [by the authority] of Jesus Christ Nazareth rise up and walk.

NOTE:

This is also the same context used by Jesus (below) when he said “I come in my Father’s name” and “the works that I do in my Father’s name“.

Jesus was not claiming that he had the SAME NAME as God [his Father] but that he came [with the authority] of his Father [God] which was GIVEN him (Matthew 28:18)

(John 5:43) “I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive”

(John 10:25) “Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me”

(Mat 18:5) “And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.”

(See also:
2 Chronicles 7:14 – Called by my name)

If you continue to doubt this laid out principles then I will explain and will address the specific Phrase “In The Name Of Jesus”

What it means

Bishopkingsley:

More examples

Example 3.

Jeremiah was not saying that he was “known as” (or being called) the LORD [ “Jehovah” ], using God’s name for HIMSELF literally, but he was acknowledging that he was called [by the authority of] God himself.

(Jeremiah 15:16) “…… for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts”

NOTE:

This is also the same context used by Jesus when he said “I come in my Father’s name” and “the works that I do in my Father’s name” (John 5:43, 10:25). Jesus was not claiming that he had the SAME NAME as God [his Father] but that he came [with the authority of] his Father [God] which was GIVEN him (Matthew 28:18)

Example 4.

Urijah didn’t go around pretending that his name was LORD [ “Jehovah” ] when he prophesied, rather Urijah was prophesying [under the authority of] the Lord and predicted the same terrible disaster against the city and nation as Jeremiah did.

(Jeremiah 26:20) “ And there was also a man that prophesied in the name of the Lord,…”

Bishopkingsley:

A correct understanding of any scripture depends on the context from which it is spoken. Both Matthew 28:19 and Acts 2:38 have one thing in common that is often ignored, they both contain the phrase “IN THE NAME OF….”. Understanding this particular phrase is vital to correctly understand the instructions given in both Matthew 28:19 and Acts 2:38.

The Old Testament (Hebrew)

The phrase “In the name of” as used throughout the Bible is most commonly reflective of someone who is acting under the authority of someone, or acting as their disciple (or follower).

It is also essential that the reader (or student) understand how the bible is written and able to validate the following facts for himself:

The word “LORD”- (usually denoted by all CAPITAL letters- KJV) represents the Hebrew word yehôvâh, yeh-ho-vaw’;

יהוה (Strong’s Concordance: H3068; “Jehovah”, Jewish national name of God; From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; )

It is reflected 6510 times in the KJV of the Bible (as LORD).

Example 1.

David did not go to the Philistine claiming that his name was the LORD [ “Jehovah” ] but he came [under the authority of] the LORD [ “Jehovah” ] of hosts, the God of…”

(1 Samuel 17:45) “Then said David to the Philistine,…. but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied”

Example 2.

For the LORD [ “Jehovah” ] their God had chosen him to minister [under the authority of] the LORD [ “Jehovah” ].

(Deuteronomy 18:5) “ For the LORD thy God hath chosen him out of all thy tribes, to stand to minister in the name of the LORD, him and his sons for ever”

Example 3.

Jeremiah was not saying that he was “known as” (or being called) the LORD [ “Jehovah” ], using God’s name for HIMSELF literally, but he was acknowledging that he was called [by the authority of] God himself.

NOTE:

This is also the same context used by Jesus when he said “I come in my Father’s name” and “the works that I do in my Father’s name” (John 5:43, 10:25). Jesus was not claiming that he had the SAME NAME as God [his Father] but that he came [with the authority of] his Father [God] which was GIVEN him (Matthew 28:18)

Example 4.

Urijah didn’t go around pretending that his name was LORD [ “Jehovah” ] when he prophesied, rather Urijah was prophesying [under the authority of] the Lord and predicted the same terrible disaster against the city and nation as Jeremiah did.

(Jeremiah 26:20) “ And there was also a man that prophesied in the name of the Lord,…”

Bishopkingsley:

A correct understanding of any scripture depends on the context from which it is spoken. Both Matthew 28:19 and Acts 2:38 have one thing in common that is often ignored, they both contain the phrase “IN THE NAME OF….”. Understanding this particular phrase is vital to correctly understand the instructions given in both Matthew 28:19 and Acts 2:38.

The Old Testament (Hebrew)

The phrase “In the name of” as used throughout the Bible is most commonly reflective of someone who is acting under the authority of someone, or acting as their disciple (or follower).

It is also essential that the reader (or student) understand how the bible is written and able to validate the following facts for himself:

The word “LORD”- (usually denoted by all CAPITAL letters- KJV) represents the Hebrew word yehôvâh, yeh-ho-vaw’;

יהוה (Strong’s Concordance: H3068; “Jehovah”, Jewish national name of God; From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; )

It is reflected 6510 times in the KJV of the Bible (as LORD).

Example 1.

David did not go to the Philistine claiming that his name was the LORD [ “Jehovah” ] but he came [under the authority of] the LORD [ “Jehovah” ] of hosts, the God of…”

(1 Samuel 17:45) “Then said David to the Philistine,…. but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied”

Example 2.

For the LORD [ “Jehovah” ] their God had chosen him to minister [under the authority of] the LORD [ “Jehovah” ].

(Deuteronomy 18:5) “ For the LORD thy God hath chosen him out of all thy tribes, to stand to minister in the name of the LORD, him and his sons for ever”

Example 3.

NOTE:

Example 4.

To all you said above, read the below:

John 17: . 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 11:47am On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

All of them

Jesus completely full filled all the law

Because the law does not give life it only produces death on all those who break it

And God said all have broken my law all have sinned

So all most pay the penalty for sin and Jesus was the one who paid it with his death

What is the name of your God?
How does a follower of Yahushua the Messiah follow him? What is he supposed to do? What does it really mean to follow Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God is different from god

God meaning is different from god meaning and each language has both names and their meaning in their language

So Hebrew and Greek both has the two separate and both are not the same

What does "God" mean?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

God is God

God name is God

There is no one else who can lay claim to that name excerpt God
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

To all you said above, read the below:

John 17: . 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

It simply called Jesus that is the name to use but note it is the person who bears that name that count not just the language or the method you use to call it because even devil knows Jesus saying Yeshua or any name without having the authority to say the name
If you don't have authority nothing will work when you say Yeshua or Jesus

Now you can say the meaning of the name Jesus if you have authority and God will do any thing for you because only one person bears the meaning of the name

Jesus means many things like God's salvation, the Savior, the son of God

So if there is emergency I can say my saviour and Jesus will appear to help me so it is only him who I put my faith on that why he comes because only him is my Savior so it not language that count but the meaning

Let explain your verse

HOLY FATHER, PROTECT THEM BY THE POWER OF YOUR NAME, THE NAME YOU GAVE ME. JOHN 17:11
Posted on October 13, 2019 by PoppaFarmer
We continue our study of the Gospel of John, picking up at John 17: 6. The Apostle has written the words of Jesus as Jesus prays out loud to Abba Father for the world to hear, and see. Jesus says:

” I have revealed You to those whom You gave Me out of the world. They were Yours; You gave them to Me, and they have obeyed Your Word. Now they know that everything You have given Me comes from You. For I gave them the words You gave Me, and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from You and they believed that You sent Me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those You have given Me, for they are Yours.

All I have is Yours, and all You have is mine. And glory has come to Me through them. I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father protect them by the power of Your name, the name You gave Me, so that they may be One, as We are One.”John 17: 6-11

Jesus prayed that the Father would protect those He had given unto Him by the power of the name, JESUS. That name has POWER!. It means: “The Lord saves!” That is why when we pray, we pray in the name of Jesus. We are committing what we pray to the name that is above every name because without question, our Father has placed power that comes from Him into that name. The Word says:

“Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2: 9-11. The Son of God is lifted up, Abba Father is lifted up, The Holy Spirit is lifted up each time His name is attached to a prayer. The name that is above every name.

Before God the Son was born of the Virgin Mary, Father God sent an angel to Joseph to let Him know this baby in the womb of Mary was conceived in her from His Holy Spirit. The angel told Joseph, who was having a hard time accepting Mary’s account of her pregnancy, to not be afraid to take Mary home as his wife.

The messenger said, “She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins…The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call Him Immanuel, which means ‘God with us’ ” Matthew 1: 21-22

Here in John, Jesus said He was not praying for the world, but rather specifically for the ones Father had given to Him. He asked for protection for them in His name. The name given unto Him for this work. So it is today for those of us who come to God in the name of Jesus.

He prays to the Father for us. He prays for our protection and provision. He is our intercessor. The Word says, “Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.” Hebrews 7:25

In His name we are saved. In His name we are protected. In His name we are One with God, and with each other. Blessed be the Name that is above ALL names, JESUS Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Let us live and walk in the power that is in it. He is Love.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

How does a follower of Yahushua the Messiah follow him? What is he supposed to do? What does it really mean to follow Yahushua the Messiah?

Question

Answer
God has many names in the Bible but basic definition is
The name of God is God now translate it to any other language to get the same meaning of God and then pronounce it as your language demands

Now let see the name Jesus asked us to use

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Question
How does a follower of Yahushua the Messiah follow him? And
What is he supposed to do?

Answer
I have answered this before many times but let me summarize.........

To follow Jesus is to do the will of the father
As long as you do God's will you are following Jesus

As Jesus said: “Verily, verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do; for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.” [John 5:19.] He came into this life to do the will of his Father, and not his own will. Our desire and determination should be the same.

Now my Question
Now what is the father's will? let explain God's will

Bible answers

John 6:40 ►
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

New Living Translation
For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.”

English Standard Version
For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Question

Answer
You suppose to do God's will which is what Jesus did during his life as explained above

Question
What does it really mean to follow Yahushua the Messiah?

Answer
To follow Jesus is to do the will of God which is to believe in Jesus and to look up to Jesus forever
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

What does "God" mean?

God
(in Christianity ) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God
(in Christianity ) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

God is a title. God is not a name. What is the name of your God?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

God is a title. God is not a name. What is the name of your God?

That why I told you this before

Answer
The name of God is God now translate it to any other language to get the same meaning of God and then pronounce it as your language demands

Jesus explained the name to use which is the same as the name of God

The Father the Son the Holy Spirit
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Question

Answer

God is not a name but a title. Say the name of your God?

Bishopkingsley:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,[/quote

What's your point?

[quote author=Bishopkingsley post=106563270]
Question
How does a follower of Yahushua the Messiah follow him? And

Answer
I have answered this before many times but let me summarize.........

To follow Jesus is to do the will of the father
As long as you do God's will you are following Jesus

As Jesus said: “Verily, verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do; for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.” [John 5:19.] He came into this life to do the will of his Father, and not his own will. Our desire and determination should be the same.

Now my Question
Now what is the father's will? let explain God's will

Bible answers

John 6:40 ►
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

New Living Translation
For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.”

English Standard Version
For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

What does it mean to look to the Son? What does it mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?

Bishopkingsley:

Question

Answer
You suppose to do God's will which is what Jesus did during his life as explained above

How did Yahushua the Messiah do his Father's will?

Bishopkingsley:

Question
What does it really mean to follow Yahushua the Messiah?

Answer
To follow Jesus is to do the will of God which is to believe in Jesus and to look up to Jesus forever

What does it mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

That why I told you this before

Answer

Jesus explained the name to use which is the same as the name of God

The Father the Son the Holy Spirit

Again, the Creator of heaven and earth has a name. The very same name with which he identified himself. Again, what is the name of your God?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

Like I said many times

elated177:

Funny the name I call God is too many but I always call him my father my father...........

God has many names Jesus has many names the holy spirit has many names

God sees your heart so when you call him by whatever name you want he knows you are referring to him

But Jesus called God name like this

Our father,,, the Father,,, my father

This is the best simple name to call God
Now God is both a name and a title so don't forget that but if you don't want to call God that then call him as
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

I answered this question before hope you saw it
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

What does "God" mean?

I answered it before
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

Answered it

elated177:

Answered it before
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

What does it mean to look to the Son? What does it mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?

Picture Jesus on the cross in your heart and head imagine Jesus on the cross that one way to look to Jesus

Because God said as they looked to the bronze serpent that Moses put in the pole that the same way in the future they will look to Jesus

Keeping our eyes on Jesus involves having an “eternal mindset”. This gives us the proper perspective in our present situation.

Looking Up Protects Us

I remember my Dad teaching me to drive. He constantly reminded me to look ahead, focus on where I want to go. Don’t look directly in front of the car. If I look too close in front of me, I don’t have enough time to react to dangers or changes on the road.

It’s a good illustration for the Christian life. When I’m so focused on the immediate situation I’m in, I tend to react rather than rest in Jesus. I panic and swerve and try to recover. Usually, I fumble and fail and make things worse. It’s stressful – not only for me, but for those around me!

But when I look to Jesus, I see who He is in my circumstances. Rather than focusing on myself or what’s right in front of me, I get an eternal perspective and remember the big picture. This is about more than me. It’s about Him. And He is faithful. He is good. He is in control. He can handle this!

Looking to Jesus humbles us (which is a good thing) and puts us in a position of willingness to trust Him and follow Him, to submit to Him. Looking to Him and focusing on who He is enables us to step into His yoke and ultimately to rest (Matthew 11:29-30).
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

What does it mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?

To believe in Jesus means to believe who he is and what the bible said he is

Not everyone believes he is God Almighty so they don't actually believe in Jesus as the scriptures said

“Do you believe in Jesus?” is asking far more than “Do you believe that Jesus Christ existed/exists?” The true meaning of the question is “Do you believe Jesus Christ is who the Bible says He is, and are you trusting Him as your Savior?”

Do you believe that Jesus is God in human form (John 1:1, 14)? Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sins (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21), for which you deserve eternal separation from God (Romans 6:23)? Do you believe that the sacrifice of Jesus, God incarnate, is the only adequate payment for your sins (1 John 2:2; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)?

Do you believe these things? If so, great, but believing the facts about Jesus is only part of the equation. Biblical faith/belief is far more than believing certain things to be true. Biblical saving faith is also trusting/relying on those facts.

Are you trusting that Jesus is your Savior? Are you relying on His death as the full payment for your sin debt? Are you depending on His resurrection as the guarantee that you, too, will be raised to eternal life after death? Not that it could ever happen, but if the “chair” of Jesus Christ were pulled out from beneath you, spiritually speaking, would you hit the ground, or are you also relying on things in addition to the chair?

If you understand and believe what the Bible says about Jesus, and if you are trusting in those truths as the basis for salvation—you are saved! You “believe in Jesus” in the biblical sense.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

How did Yahushua the Messiah do his Father's will?

By dieing on the cross to save the world

Jesus did God will by allowing himself to be the lamb of God
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
elated177:

Again, the Creator of heaven and earth has a name. The very same name with which he identified himself. Again, what is the name of your God?

How can you say you believe Jesus when you constantly refuse to believe what Jesus said

Jesus said

Notice Jesus said name here not names

This is to show you it the best name to do the things of God with, to teach people about God with

Yet you still refuse this name and keep looking at old testament names which Jesus never recommended to you

Ask yourself why you actually refuse to believe Jesus in this verse

Why do you hate this name that Jesus commanded you to use

Is it because it did not fit into your mindset about what you want to use
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by ochibuogwu5: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

John 8:34, NIV: "Jesus replied, 'Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

John 8:34, ESV: "Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin."

What does John 8:34 mean?

Here Jesus uses the phrase translated as "truly, truly," or "very truly." This is from a doubled use of the Aramaic word amēn. Used at the end of a statement, as many cultures do in prayer even today, it suggests a hope that the words will be fulfilled, or that they are true. Used at the beginning of a statement, it is a claim to absolute, original, first-hand knowledge.

It's important to realize what Christ is saying here, and what He is not saying. Earlier, Jesus claimed to be the one and only source of spiritual truth, and that those who accepted Him would be set free from the enslavement of sin (John 7:37–38; John 8:12). Without question, Jesus is pointing out that sin is a mark of following darkness, instead of His light (1 John 1:5-10). Sin, by definition, means choosing earthly, worldly things over heavenly things.

What Jesus is not saying is that all sin, at all times, should be interpreted to mean that the sinner has no relationship to Christ. The Greek of this phrase makes this nuance much easier to understand than any English translation.

The exact phrasing used is pas ho poiōn ho hamartia doulos ho hamartia.

Literally, this means "everyone who keeps practicing sin is a slave of sin."

In other words, Jesus is now speaking of a habitual, persistent sin. Those who are free in Christ may stumble into darkness, but they do not perpetually "walk" in it (John 8:12).

What Jesus is not saying is that all sin, at all times, should be interpreted to mean that the sinner has no relationship to Christ. The Greek of this phrase makes this nuance much easier to understand than any English translation. The exact phrasing used is pas ho poiōn ho hamartia doulos ho hamartia. Literally, this means "everyone who keeps practicing sin is a slave of sin." In other words, Jesus is now speaking of a habitual, persistent sin. Those who are free in Christ may stumble into darkness, but they do not perpetually "walk" in it (John 8:12).

ochibuogwu5 note if Jesus was saying that once you belong to me that means once Jesus saves you then you go back to sin that it means you are now Satan slave then you repent and come back then you become my slave then ochibuogwu5

Ask yourself will that cycle stop because it will be daily thing because you and I know that we have sins that is uncountable and sin which you did not even know that you had done

But no that is not what Jesus is saying here because

12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Once Jesus saves you you no longer walk in darkness forever glory to God

Everyone is a slave in the spiritual sense. We are either slaves to sin, which is our natural state, or we are slaves to Christ. The writers of the New Testament willingly declared their status as slaves of Christ. Paul opens his letter to the Romans by referring to himself as a “slave of Jesus Christ” (Romans 1:1) and his letter to Titus by calling himself a “slave of God” (Titus 1:1). James opens his epistle the same way, “James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ” (James 1:1). Most translations say “servant” or “bond-servant” in these passages, but the Greek word doulas means, literally, “slave.”

In John 8:34 Jesus tells the unbelieving Pharisees, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.” He uses the analogy of a slave and his master to make the point that a slave obeys his master because he belongs to him. Slaves have no will of their own. They are literally in bondage to their masters. When sin is our master, we are unable to resist it. But, by the power of Christ to overcome the power of sin, “You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness” (Romans 6:18). Once we come to Christ in repentance and receive forgiveness for sin, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit forever the holy spirit who comes to live within us forever . It is by His power that we are able to resist sinning and become slaves of righteousness forever

Thanks for all your explanation.

You tried but I refuse to agree with you.

You are making assumptions that contradict the very life of Christ.

You are assuming that people who carry the new creation life of Christ do not walk in His perfect-lifestyle on this earth.

It means you are saying Jesus life on earth had sin from time to time

the old covenant realities had the capacity to keep 7000 people unstained by God's Spirit; what more about the New Covenant realities.

These days people like to teach and generalize things as it suites them because they do not walk in the full reality of the complete holiness in Christ Jesus Crucified on this earth both in the secret of their thoughts and external behaviours.

You are assuming that Jesus said *those who habitually commits sin and not those who commits any sin at all* then align it with the Holy Spirit expressions in John's epistles *every form of sin is wickedness before God* ?

You need to answer the question why Paul was making reference to the serpent that deceived eve still being able to deceive the corinthian church hence he was warning them

you need to know that it was just 1-singular disobedience that brought condemnation upon mankind ....

honestly you need to prayerfully rer-affirm scriptures on 1-single disobedience.....
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

How can you say you believe Jesus when you constantly refuse to believe what Jesus said

Jesus said

Notice Jesus said name here not names

This is to show you it the best name to do the things of God with, to teach people about God with

Yet you still refuse this name and keep looking at old testament names which Jesus never recommended to you

Ask yourself why you actually refuse to believe Jesus in this verse

Why do you hate this name that Jesus commanded you to use

Is it because it did not fit into your mindset about what you want to use

Have you finished?

Another stretch of rigmarole with absolutely nothing meaningful relayed.

Exodus 3: 14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

By dieing on the cross to save the world

Jesus did God will by allowing himself to be the lamb of God

The Messiah was impaled on a stake.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

To believe in Jesus means to believe who he is and what the bible said he is

Not everyone believes he is God Almighty so they don't actually believe in Jesus as the scriptures said

“Do you believe in Jesus?” is asking far more than “Do you believe that Jesus Christ existed/exists?” The true meaning of the question is “Do you believe Jesus Christ is who the Bible says He is, and are you trusting Him as your Savior?”

Do you believe that Jesus is God in human form (John 1:1, 14)? Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sins (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21), for which you deserve eternal separation from God (Romans 6:23)? Do you believe that the sacrifice of Jesus, God incarnate, is the only adequate payment for your sins (1 John 2:2; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)?

Do you believe these things? If so, great, but believing the facts about Jesus is only part of the equation. Biblical faith/belief is far more than believing certain things to be true. Biblical saving faith is also trusting/relying on those facts.

Are you trusting that Jesus is your Savior? Are you relying on His death as the full payment for your sin debt? Are you depending on His resurrection as the guarantee that you, too, will be raised to eternal life after death? Not that it could ever happen, but if the “chair” of Jesus Christ were pulled out from beneath you, spiritually speaking, would you hit the ground, or are you also relying on things in addition to the chair?

If you understand and believe what the Bible says about Jesus, and if you are trusting in those truths as the basis for salvation—you are saved! You “believe in Jesus” in the biblical sense.

You have not answered the question. What does it mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Picture Jesus on the cross in your heart and head imagine Jesus on the cross that one way to look to Jesus

Because God said as they looked to the bronze serpent that Moses put in the pole that the same way in the future they will look to Jesus

Keeping our eyes on Jesus involves having an “eternal mindset”. This gives us the proper perspective in our present situation.

Looking Up Protects Us

I remember my Dad teaching me to drive. He constantly reminded me to look ahead, focus on where I want to go. Don’t look directly in front of the car. If I look too close in front of me, I don’t have enough time to react to dangers or changes on the road.

It’s a good illustration for the Christian life. When I’m so focused on the immediate situation I’m in, I tend to react rather than rest in Jesus. I panic and swerve and try to recover. Usually, I fumble and fail and make things worse. It’s stressful – not only for me, but for those around me!

But when I look to Jesus, I see who He is in my circumstances. Rather than focusing on myself or what’s right in front of me, I get an eternal perspective and remember the big picture. This is about more than me. It’s about Him. And He is faithful. He is good. He is in control. He can handle this!

Looking to Jesus humbles us (which is a good thing) and puts us in a position of willingness to trust Him and follow Him, to submit to Him. Looking to Him and focusing on who He is enables us to step into His yoke and ultimately to rest (Matthew 11:29-30).

Again, Yahushua the Messiah was impaled on a stake.

Yahushua the Messiah is no longer on the stake. He is seated at the right hand of the Father at the moment.

The question has not been answered.

What does it mean to look on/to the Son of YHVH Almighty?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Answered it

Answered it before

You answered nothing.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

I answered it before

You didn't answer the question.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

I answered this question before hope you saw it

You didn't answer the questions.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by elated177: 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Like I said many times

Funny the name I call God is too many but I always call him my father my father...........

God has many names Jesus has many names the holy spirit has many names

God sees your heart so when you call him by whatever name you want he knows you are referring to him

But Jesus called God name like this

This is the best simple name to call God
Now God is both a name and a title so don't forget that but if you don't want to call God that then call him as

What is the name of the God that you have been talking about?
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:31am On Oct 09, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

Thanks for all your explanation.

You tried but I refuse to agree with you.

You are making assumptions that contradict the very life of Christ.

You are assuming that people who carry the new creation life of Christ do not walk in His perfect-lifestyle on this earth.

the old covenant realities had the capacity to keep 7000 people unstained by God's Spirit; what more about the New Covenant realities.

These days people like to teach and generalize things as it suites them because they do not walk in the full reality of the complete holiness in Christ Jesus Crucified on this earth both in the secret of their thoughts and external behaviours.

You are assuming that Jesus said *those who habitually commits sin and not those who commits any sin at all* then align it with the Holy Spirit expressions in John's epistles *every form of sin is wickedness before God* ?

You need to answer the question why Paul was making reference to the serpent that deceived eve still being able to deceive the corinthian church hence he was warning them

you need to know that it was just 1-singular disobedience that brought condemnation upon mankind ....

honestly you need to prayerfully rer-affirm scriptures on 1-single disobedience.....

Any one who tells you that they have never sinned or made a mistake since they became saved is lying to you if you like continue to lie to yourself

ochibuogwu5:

1 John 1
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

ochibuogwu5:

That is not what it means
Rather it means
Jesus is the only human being who never sinned and who actually obeyed God word no one else so you can lie to your self or you can allow other people to lie to you that they have never sinned since they became born again

The Scriptures can not lie so continue to lie against this verse ◄

1 John 1:10 ►
If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

New Living Translation
If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.

God is saying in summary of this is only Jesus full filled the law therefore any one in Jesus is perfect because only Jesus is perfect

ochibuogwu5:

No Bible shows that all those in the old testament were using the Righteousness of God not their own Righteousness

I can show you that from the Bible

1 Kings 19:18 ►
Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him.”

New Living Translation
Yet I will preserve 7,000 others in Israel who have never bowed down to Baal or kissed him!”

Read deeply when ever you read God word ask him to show speak to you

Now from the above scripture you can see who keeps them it says..... Yet I reserve...

It did not say they have kept themselves for me

Rather it is God who kept them who preserve them which means it is God Righteousness that preserve them

God already declared that all have sinned so you can not say that seven thousand have never sinned when God declared in the universe that all have sinned once you are born by man you carry original sin with you Adam sin you can lie to yourself it won't change the truth

I can show you more scriptures to prove this if you continue to doubt God word

ochibuogwu5:

You lie to yourself when Bible already said if any one can keep the law why then is the gain for Jesus to die

You don't understand the secret God is trying to show
Only God can help you keep his law not your own power or claiming it so when you realise this you will wake up from your head thought which is the way you think
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:38am On Oct 09, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

Now let me tell you what sin actually is in new testaments

In new testaments unbelief is sin when you don't believe in Jesus it is sin

When you believe in Jesus you have fulfilled God's law because you have paid for your sin when you are in Jesus because those who are in Jesus died with him and rose with him

You died in Jesus and paid for breaking God law that why you no longer have sin in you when you become saved because you can't be punished twice for the same offense

If you doubt it why don't you tell me why Paul said that guy that was sleeping with his mother in law should be handed over to Satan so his flesh can be killed and his spirit saved when Jesus comes
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:44am On Oct 09, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

If you sin or any one who sin has a price to pay so we have to warn every one to avoid it that is God commandment but that does not mean if you sin that you can't be forgiven or it doesn't mean you are now Satan child

If you preach that way then no one will ever know the truth how can you jump from God child to Satan child then back again to God child and sin and move to Satan child this cycle will not end because offense will come as long as you are on earth

Stop lying to people and embrace God word

Whom ever God cleanse is for ever clean because the power of God is ultimate

God is the one who justify people not people who justify themselves
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:46am On Oct 09, 2021
ochibuogwu5:

Thank you for this

You don't know this is a principle

One disobedience brought sin

And God is saying only one thing to can save you believe in Jesus only

The same principle of one

************'######$$$$$$$$$*******' '

Remember it is not because they eat the fruit what made them to sin

But rather it is believing Satan words over God words that is actually what made them to sin against God

Once eve believed Satan that was what drove her to collect the fruit and eat

Imagine if eve did not believe Satan do you think she will eat it no she will not

That is the same thing here if you believe Jesus then you will be saved

If you refuse to believe Jesus you will be condemned

Because anyone who refuse to believe Jesus
Automatically believes Satan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye - Man With Animals Inside His Head. / The Aim Of The Noah's Flood / Bible Contradictions: Should Christians Judge Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.