Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,983 members, 7,922,393 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. (2283 Views)

I Messed Up. / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Kobojunkie: 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Craig24:
Seeing beyond the ordinary iz not a gift many can afford.
You mean looking past our own stewpidity and foolishness, in search of other delusions to hang blame on? undecided
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by lecoeur(m): 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
Craig24:

True 100%
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Oluchia(f): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
Richy4:
This is just funny... A 19 year old is saying that he's almost a graduate and has nothing to show for it.... yet he got skills in IT? cheesy

Seriously... you are too young to act or carry the whole world on your head... do not let the pressure of family and extended family make you develop HBP..

@ 19 you are already thinking responsibly which is commendable but you need to grow up based on your age... u are still a kid to be thinking about all these.... Nigeria is messed up today because people wants to be rich in a fast way, some was because of family pressure...yahoo yahoo, assassination and kidnapping is rampant today because of all these pressure..

Please my dear young man slow down a bit... You are on the right track at the moment... there are 30plus who are yet to figure out where the world is taking them... we can't blame them because everyone got different destiny... but slow your role a little so that you won't die earl
y...

You're very correct. Honestly, I'm impressed with his achievements so far.

@OP, don't beat up yourself, things might seem hard now but trust me, you will go places at this rate. Just take it one day at a time.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by BrickDevo: 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Craig24:

which spiritualist can you recommend
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Oluchia:

You're very correct. Honestly, I'm impressed with his achievements so far.

@OP, don't beat up yourself, things might seem hard now but trust me, you will go places at this rate. Just take it one day at a time.
Thanks a lot Ma
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Craig24: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
BrickDevo:
which spiritualist can you recommend

The horse has to go to the stream to drink from it itself not the stream going to the horse.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by BrickDevo: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2021
Craig24:

The horse has to go to the stream to drink from it itself not the stream going to the horse.
What if the horse can't find a stream to drink from
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Craig24: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2021
BrickDevo:
What if the horse can't find a stream to drink from

Smiles tongue water is life, so is wisdom.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by mastermaestro(m): 11:42am On Oct 07, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
My only advice to you is in regards to meeting your uncle for financial advice.

Know that in this world, people don't want you to be bigger than them. They need you to remain poor so you will continue to respect and worship them.

Money is power and people know this thus the reason they will frustrate every effort you make to come out of needs.

Please, this is not exclusive to uncles so you know. Biological brothers can be worse. I have my own personal experience with mainly biological brothers that I only tell them what I have done and not what I intend to do.

For instance: bro, here's a car I just got. Bro, I am running my masters degree, bro, I have done this or done that. And not, I want to do this, what do you think? Their advice most times comes from a selfish angle and tilts towards ensuring you remain limited.

I will cite only one example. When I got my car, my brother who's the richest in the family advised me to get married that it's the next thing for me.

I looked him in the face and told him that I want to build a house before getting married.

It's not that he doesn't know that's the next thing I should do considering the fact that I am still very young and the last born of the family with three other brothers so there's no rush of only son or first son.

He himself bought his car, finished his house before getting married and he never married at the age that I am.

So, basically he felt I was moving too fast in achievements and wants something to slow me down. You don't need to be told what comes with marriage in terms of responsibility.

This is just one out of many of such encounters even from my brother in law (my sister's husband). Their advice always tend to keep you where you are so you will continue to depend on them and of course remain loyal to them.

To pull through quickly in life, learn to seek for advice from people that do not know you and people that have no vested interest in whatever decision that you take, else, you may be on a long thing. Sometimes, parents are not excluded.

You're just 19, I pray you make independent decisions that will see you at the top later in your life.

A very revealing post. Thanks man!
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Belafonte(m): 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What stopped his father? How did you go about concluding that the OP's father's foolish choices are result of "spiritual" interference? The man chose to have 6 kids without putting enough aside to ensure some of those kids were taken care of through college - is that what a wise person does? undecided

Op, please do not for even a second think to blame spirits. Failure is a part of life. You learn whatever lessons you are meant to so you sure against them later on. Those who leave it all to chance are fools. The worst kind of fools are those who look to blame others or anything fot their faults - like your uncle there - refusing to sit down and accept responsibility for their own actions and mistakes in life. undecided
There are people finding it difficult to care for even one child

However, I agree failure is a part of life. We've been taught to see it as an irredeemable flaw in a person but it actually builds character if one never gives up and continues striving
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
Belafonte:

There are people finding it difficult to care for even one child

However, I agree failure is a part of life. We've been taught to see it as an irredeemable flaw in a person but it actually builds character if one never gives up and continues striving
Absolutely, we are meant to learn from failure.. it is life's way of teaching us valuable lessons to help us progress as individuals and as people's. And the good thing about these lessons is that you don't have to wait to fail before you learn them. undecided

Unfortunately, the vast majority of Nigerians are foolish in their approach to life and it's many lessons. They outright reject the wisdom they lessons afford them, opting instead to repeat the same mistakes over and over, offloading the blame for their own choices on others, and imaginary beings. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Disown My Pman Today / My Sister's Husband Behaves Funny When I'm Around / Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.