Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,151 members, 7,931,936 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Good Is Arik Airline? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Good Is Arik Airline? (10067 Views)

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / My Travel Experience With Arik Airline / How Good And Reliable Is Arik From Lagos To Heathrow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by jfad: 12:18am On Jun 05, 2011
Arik my foot,
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by DisGuy: 1:15am On Jun 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Longhaul, flew them from Heathrow to Lagos, clean aircraft, good customer service from thier staff in london - even called thier staff in lagos to tell them my flight might arrive earlier than my local connecting flight and that they should wait at the arrival to pick me and couple of others up. In service entertainment was okay but they need to improve vastly - more naija contents please!

In lagos, was picked up by a very polite lady into a waiting bus, however when we arrived at the local wing, I observed with shock that staff at the counter were very rude, uncultured and illmannered towards customers. Again, I think it reflects the attitude of the nigerian worker in nigeria - personal opinion!

If only Arik and other nigerian own airlines were getting the support from the FG like BA en co are getting from thier own government.

But BA started as a public company, now they are a public listed company. Arik and co are private companies, they should raise funds themselves and try to push for conducive operational policies together after all most of them have political backing
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by ladykool(f): 5:00am On Jun 05, 2011
i have not flew it before but from what i have heard, it is not as good as it claims to be or nigerians praise it to be, deays, food is not satisfactory, not that much comfort inside the plane, well basically not worth it but if u want a cheaper flight just travel with it and forget about the rest.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by blank(f): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2011
@Ladykool, Arik is d most expensive. It most definitely is not cheap.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by SOTAJ: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2011
I flew them to Heathrow in 2009 and I must be frank, the flight was wonderful. The Airbus A380 had so much space and magnificent.

The entertainment on-board too was ok and we had a very smooth flight.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by tundebabzy: 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2011
Arik air is the worst airline in Nigeria. Unless you have no other option and you have time to waste, its better to trek. You'll probably reach your destination before their aircraft takes off.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by snowdrops(m): 10:29am On Jun 06, 2011
seems most people are against than those for it.

if they dont move to address these concerns quickly i see them going the way of bird flu [bellview].
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Yorubah(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2011
Always expect a flight delay from Arik
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by tunnytox(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
tundebabzy:

Arik air is the worst airline in Nigeria. Unless you have no other option and you have time to waste, its better to trek. You'll probably reach your destination before their aircraft takes off.

Loool na so dem bad reach? grin grin
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by noblegas2(m): 5:03am On Jun 11, 2011
SOTAJ:

I flew them to Heathrow in 2009 and I must be frank, the flight was wonderful. The Airbus[b] A380[/b] had so much space and magnificent.

The entertainment on-board too was ok and we had a very smooth flight.

a380?? bros, do you know what an A380 is
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by snowdrops(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
why dont you educate the rest of us?
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by DisGuy: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2011
I dont think the A380 can land in Nigeria at the moment- Arik doesnt have one
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by snowdrops(m): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2011
just did a quick search. its a double decker plane. shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by AjanleKoko: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
Arik doesn't have the A380. What they have is the A340-500, which is also a really large and modern plane.
To their credit though, they've ordered the B787 Dreamliner, and should have one by 2014 - according to Boeing's website.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by snowdrops(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
so it appears what they need to improve on is customer relations, PR, hospitality and staff renumeration
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by AjanleKoko: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2011
snowdrops:

so it appears what they need to improve on is customer relations, PR, hospitality and staff renumeration

Add the operations/logistics expertise required to run a modern airline to the mix.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

United States-Nigeria Open Skies Air Transport Agreement Enters Into Force - US / Bta When Travelling To South Africa / With About #5m... How Can I Leave This Country Legally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.