Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,547 members, 7,948,101 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 (12672 Views)

New Retirement Age For Teachers Approved By FEC / What's The Minimum Age To Finish Secondary School In Nigeria / President Buhari Okays 65-year Retirement Age For Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by olaboy33(m): 6:20am On Oct 06, 2021
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by Corporate2020: 6:21am On Oct 06, 2021
Yes good. So that young graduate teachers will never get employed. This will in turn increase the number of jobless youths and increase insecurity, agitation, and criminality. What else do we expect from a lifeless Patron of herdsmen.
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by tnerro1(m): 6:29am On Oct 06, 2021
Instead of paying teachers good salaries and enhanced retirement packages you are thinking of how to work them to death. Better let them retire at 60 so they can have strength to fight for their unpaid salaries and retirement packages.........useless politicians
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by SeniorGee(m): 6:42am On Oct 06, 2021
There is no wisdom in this. Retirement ages are reducing but ours is increasing. Abi they want these oldies to die in service so that they can corner their benefit. The young population have will further endure xtra 5 years of frustration before they get employed? Permit me to say the generation of the mid century (1940s-60s) seem to be the worst thing to happen to this country. They have made the worst possible decisions on our behalf!
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by Gee64: 6:54am On Oct 06, 2021
Teachers with no tools to teach their pupils.
Poor infrastructure, poor teaching facilities!
These people don't even reason well sef
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 06, 2021
Instead of these people to give the jobs to youths, they are making the old people stay longer. Nigeria is said to have super population of young people.

Listen, Nigeria's life expectancy is 55 years. And we have an explosive population of over 120million. We are hitting 200 million soon. The world knows Nigeria is getting over populated. But as at this moment, there are more youths than the aged. Now, these people arent taking the advantage of the youth population. They are even keeping older people there while youths are unemployed.

Prof Osinbajo is ma.d with this. Honestly. Someone should tell this professor that I will remove my support for him with this crazy decision. The youths are the economic power of the nation. The people who put retirement age there did it for a reason. Why push it forward? I can accept that of professors, but not for all teachers. This is cra.zy.

These people will destroy Nigeria. Saraki said half trusty when he said they willl never allow youths. This is the strategy, and this professor said it yesterday that they cant give it to youths. I am beginning to see that this professor is a m.ad man also. I used to think he is normal. He seems also corrupt too. This man that I was praying for? He is becoming a sh*t.

Nigeria has an explosive population of youths for Christ sake. What the heck is wrong with these mad men in power. Should bandits not kidnap and fry these ones brains? After all they created bandits. Who will save Nigeria?

If the present youths are jobless without any experience they will grow old to be nuis.ance. Then, who will run Nigeria? Yeah...the spoilt politicians children who studied abroad will come and seize power. They will be living abroad and running Nigeria more into debts. And the whole people will be messed cos these youths who are inexperienced will grow old and outnumber the newly youths. Then, this nation will go into deep debts. Wow!

Please, I need partners to fight these mad men. If we dont fight, these ones will destroy Nigeria finally. They have said we must fight for it. Let us foght legally too. We are not doing arms. We are fighting wirh out brains and pens. Nigeria must not fail. Guys, come together and lefs fight these rogues.
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by Deputy1111(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2021
This is nice and a welcome development
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by DSoj(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2021
Rubbish. Increasing retirement age while youths are unemployed.
Retirement age should be 55.
Employment age should be 25.
Pay good salaries and retirement packages
In 20yrs people should be able to save enough for old age or start a small biz by 55 when they retire.

65 age retirement is bullshiiit

1 Like

Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by NaijaSumi: 7:32am On Oct 06, 2021
Talk is cheap, implementation seem difficult Sir.

Less talk, do the talk
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by 1759ademola(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2021
I don't think this is a right move in a country where unemployment is very thick. A 65 year old person could not enter class anymore anyway.
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by Antoeni(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2021
God hsa Blessed This Teacher in Particular

Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by emmyileri(m): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2021
This country is a failed country. Imagine retiring at 65, with no hope of obtaining your gratuity. Young vibrant young ones will be jobless all through. It's a pity
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by dorodee(m): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2021
Lots of young people out there seeking for space, while the once inside want to die there... Wickedness everywhere!!!
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by Hapinex01: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2021
A welcome idea
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by Tundex911: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Hope no be wetin I dey reason sha...

This people won try extend their position in power too

Just wait till then

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by olajigaolamide: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
Federal government have it completely
Re: FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 by raphaeladeyele: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
There is no sense in increasing teachers age but millions are on ground nobles , employed vacancies of teachers as million is leaving the classroom yearly . life in villages are not enjoyable as you are in cities. No public Schools teachers are expected to died in classroom 65 years has no meaning to teachers

(1) (2) (Reply)

OAU AWARDS: A Nairalander (fynestboi) Needs Your Votes / ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi / Students Banned From Wearing Shoes And Socks To Exam Halls In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.