Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,723 members, 7,889,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:50 AM

Could He Be Gay? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could He Be Gay? (1346 Views)

Could My Boyfriend Be Gay? / Nigeria Ranked As The 6th Worst Country To Be Gay In / Linda Ikeji Suspected To Be Gay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could He Be Gay? by Serene83(f): 7:15pm On May 30, 2011
I am late 20's and he is early 30's. We have been seeing oneanother for two months. We have shared a bed on numerous occasions because I live an hour from him and when we go out and if it involves having a few drinks, I stay in his house with him on his invitation but he has never tried anything at all. He hasn't even touched my bosoms, outside or inside my clothes, Nothing at all. We have had some steamy kissing sessions and still his hands have not wandered. Dont get me wrong. I hate sleasy guys who try it on too quickly. I love to be respected so I have been quite happy with this but I feel that at this stage things should be moving on and I feel it is very out of the ordinary for a guy to be so hands off especially in the situations we have been in ie. sleeping in the same bed. Normally in such situations you would have to lay down the ground rules for the guy but it hasnt been necessary with this guy.

In general he can be quite distant with me. I feel it's hard to get close to him. It's like as if there is some sort of barrier up. He also is not great for contacting me during the week.

He really takes care of himself, lives in the gym, hair is immaculate, and once I caught him using makeup to cover a spot.

Could he be gay? His mannerisms etc. are not at all feminine but I just have this niggling feeling. He had one long term relationship about 5 years ago but it was long distant so they only saw oneanother at weekends and after that there has been nobody. It seems a bit strange for a guy his age and also he is a very attractive guy, realy handsome and trendy. Can anyone shed any light or offer up some opinions on this?
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 30, 2011
Hmmmm. hard to say.
some men are all out metros3xual and dainty but 100 percent heteros3xual.

I think he has some insecurities and perhaps trust issues. Maybe he is not very
confident s3xually or emotionally. Ask him open-ended questions about his views on
s3xuality and what it is that he desires/fears about your relationship and try to figure him out
before you pull the 'rainbow card' on him. wink
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Nekai(f): 8:34pm On May 30, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

[color=#0066bb]Hmmmm. hard to say.
some men are all out metros3xual and dainty but 100 percent heteros3xual.

I beg to differ, Metrosexuality and masculinity don't go hand in hand. Why would a guy knowingly dress in a way that makes him attractive to homosexual/bisexual men unless he enjoys it? undecided

@OP The makeup thing is kind of weird, but other than that he could just be really respectful of your boundaries.
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 30, 2011
Nekai:

I beg to differ,  Metrosexuality and masculinity don't go hand in hand. Why would a guy knowingly dress in a way that makes him attractive to homosexual/bisexual men unless he enjoys it?   undecided

@OP The makeup thing is kind of weird, but other than that he could just be really respectful of your boundaries.

maybe but i know guys who are dead serious about their looks and get manicures (not french obviously) and are
all about women. Human beings are not always predictable and can fall outside of the norm when it comes to categories.
You don't have to have muscles and wear timberland boots to be manly. Why would women wear bootay shorts when they know
lesbos are on the prowl? because they can.
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Outstrip(f): 8:43pm On May 30, 2011
Makeup? grin
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Nekai(f): 8:46pm On May 30, 2011
Women will wear bootay shorts yes but the average woman wouldn't ditch their feminine wardrobe and start dressing like a butch all the time.
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Ekpoma1: 9:39pm On May 30, 2011
This is a tough one. So i wouldnt want to jump into conclusion. But for a gal 2 allow me kiss her, that is a direct access to any part of her body without any fear. I dnt knw. Is he a born again christian who detest fornication in toto? Is a Jehoval witness member? Or maybe u are not attractive 2 him and d last one, he might just be gay.
Re: Could He Be Gay? by elrony(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2011
gurl i dont fink he's gay joor!!!, some thinz u mentioned are almost same thingz i do too, 4 d fact he cud have held ur body and kissed u, to me he has his reasonz sha, but gurl itz just couple of months and u ve started thinkin of poundin action, na wa 4 u o!!!

he's not gay!!
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 30, 2011
Nekai:

Women will wear bootay shorts yes but the average woman wouldn't ditch their feminine wardrobe and start dressing like a butch all the time.

some do and some don't. doesn't mean they are gay or bi <<< that is my point.
Re: Could He Be Gay? by MrsChima1(f): 10:57pm On May 30, 2011
I am now accepting applications for those who wishes to be gay. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Could He Be Gay? by Tricici(f): 11:01pm On May 30, 2011
if he was gay I think the mere idea of kissing u would give him shivers of repulsion brrrrrrrrrr!  he looks metrosexual and u know these guys are always cute, clean and ironed, they don't want to put their smooth moisturized hands just anywhere like that. ehenn so maybe that's ur guy right there.
but let's stay positive dear poster, maybe he respects u, doesn't want to pull a gross move(he's metrosexual remember),
the only way for u to find out as some1 suggested is to have a conversation with him. u know bout his past relationship but how about his future, relationship wise; what r his plans, does he think of commitment, as he answers u should be able to have a clear idea
Re: Could He Be Gay? by aminalib(f): 11:24pm On May 30, 2011
would you still think he was gay if he was giving it you?

(1) (Reply)

Ambitious Babe Stopped Talking To Me Because I Left Her At An Event / ?? / Should I Ask Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.