Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,774 members, 7,969,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 01:00 AM

Nigerian Ehiosun Turns Down Sundowns: - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Ehiosun Turns Down Sundowns: (589 Views)

Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay / Nigerian Forward Ekigho Ehiosun Joins Turkish Club- Samsunspor / Nigeria Vs Kenya Match Preview: Martins To Return, Oduamadi, Ehiosun In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ehiosun Turns Down Sundowns: by henry101(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2011
http://www.kickoff.com/news/22056/nigerian-ehiosun-turns-down-mamelodi-sundowns.php

Posted: 2011-05-29 21:02

Red-hot Nigerian striker Ekigho Ehiosun has turned down a potentially lucrative switch to Mamelodi Sundowns as he is eying a move to Europe.

Ehiosun, 22, has hit five goals in six senior appearances for Nigeria, prompting interest from the South African PSL side, who sent a scout to Abeokuta to monitor the forward and table an offer.

But sources close to the player told KickOffNigeria.com they were only interested in a move to Europe, with interest coming in from French champions Lille, Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam and an unnamed Turkish Super Lig club.

The Warri Wolves striker himself tells KickOffNigeria.com he was in no hurry to leave Nigeria.

"My agent told me about the offer from Sundowns, but there have been good interest from Europe and I think I will wait for that. For now, my focus is to help Warri Wolves in the League and to do my best to help the Super Eagles qualify for the Nations Cup," Ehiosun said.
Re: Nigerian Ehiosun Turns Down Sundowns: by cashful(m): 5:44am On May 31, 2011
that's OK, he should take his time and move to a good European team
Re: Nigerian Ehiosun Turns Down Sundowns: by julioralph(m): 11:34pm On May 31, 2011
yeah, wise decision
Re: Nigerian Ehiosun Turns Down Sundowns: by henry101(m): 2:44am On Jun 01, 2011
He's just too good to play in SA.
Re: Nigerian Ehiosun Turns Down Sundowns: by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2011
Just too good for the SA league

(1) (Reply)

Japan Up, Us Down! / Official: Yakubu Joins Blackburn Rovers From Everton / Stephen Keshi Confident To Squash Wasps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.