Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,168 members, 7,931,990 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 03:45 PM

I Need A Story Developer - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Need A Story Developer (2999 Views)

Nollywood: A Story Told By Al Jazeera / Bollywood Tuesday - Humrazz: A Story Of Love And Hate / Do You Have A Comment Or A Story Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Story Developer by Seun(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2007
@cammax: collaborative story development doesn't work unless all the people involved are serious writers. And even then, what usually happens is that writer A writes a particular section while writer B writes another section and they review each others' work. You need to own your story. wink
Re: I Need A Story Developer by ebos(m): 8:28am On Sep 11, 2007
I want to reemphasize that ebos is going to hit one of the best stories, if not the best so far in the history of Nigeria. Very interesting, entirely different. Why boasting? Not only that, have again over 20 hot stilts that can be converted into good movies.
Re: I Need A Story Developer by const6(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2007
@cammax7,

Is a good idea, i have worked with script writers in this kind of project before. There must be time for scriptorium - in which we will all have to sit and plot and build the characters before each writer will go and write their allocated scenes.

It will be great anyway, it was great fun for me, we are still expecting the shotting of the soap opera.

Hope you can get this started.
Re: I Need A Story Developer by moondust(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2007
for the right sum, I will become a story developer, overnight cheesy
Re: I Need A Story Developer by Seun(m): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2007
You can't develop your writing talents overnight.
Re: I Need A Story Developer by predi(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2007
cammax- wenever u re redy hook me up- i hav little experience in script writting. done only some stage scripts while in school and some gospel stage plays too for church. so i wld like to hool up wit ur team or dem kilma and all, i script well and plot too[wonder wia d clear cut diff is undecided]. not really intrested in the money. my addy is sulebramms@yahoo.co.uk-mobile:08035926315. reside in garki-abuja. be izy
Re: I Need A Story Developer by Banderas(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2007
Seun, this is not happening yet. What do you say you and I, and then anyone else who's interested simply put something together?

I'm thinking about a book with 4 or 5 key characters in different parts of the world, all having different experiences.

How about this: 6 kids grow up in Naija in the 70s or 80s, I'm thinking Akure or Benin. Their parents work for the government. The economy gradually crumbles, and they disperse to different parts of the world: One moves to PH as his dad secures employment in oil and gas, two or three leave the country (US, UK, SA), one moves to Lagos, and one remains in Akure.

They keep in touch, and from time to time their paths cross (The Lagos guy comes back to Futa for uni, and so is reunited with our man in Akure, etc). I'm also thinking a mix of races as well as tribes to spice it up.

For starters, let's get a script together with them growing up between late childhood, early teens all the way up to uni for starters.

Can we have 6 different people to write this? It's just an adventure for starters, also an excercise. It's an easy way to bring each other up.

If we get 6 people ( we need at least one girl to make it work) then I can map out the initial characters, and possibly a framework. Ideas as well will be welcome.

I'll be waiting for your input.

While this is going to be on a first come first serve basis, seriousness will be appreciated - deadlines will have to be met in order to keep the momentum going.

Let's see how this goes.
Re: I Need A Story Developer by Banderas(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2007
Anybody?
Re: I Need A Story Developer by Banderas(m): 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2007
Well?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hobbit 1,2,3 Discussion Thread / GOTV Not Showing Bbnaija Anymore? / Flower Girl Premieres In The Uk [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.