Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,249 members, 7,974,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:46 PM

Deft Move As Chinedu Offor Of Voa Becomes Media Assistant To Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deft Move As Chinedu Offor Of Voa Becomes Media Assistant To Okorocha (2062 Views)

In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria / What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN / Boko Haram Releases Video On Thisday Bombing, Threatens To Attack VOA, Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deft Move As Chinedu Offor Of Voa Becomes Media Assistant To Okorocha by Adejoro74: 2:05am On May 31, 2011
Okorocha appoints SSG, COS, Principal Sec
On May 31, 2011 · In News

BY Chidi Nkwopara
OWERRI— Imo State Governor, Mr. Rochas Okorocha has, within the first 24 hours of his inauguration, approved the appointments of Secretary to the State Government, Chief of Staff and Principal Secretary.

Okorocha made the appointments public through a Government House release made available to Vanguard in Owerri, yesterday.

Former Vice Chancellor of Imo State University, Owerri, Professor Tony Anwuka, is the new Secretary to State Government, SSG;
Prince Eze Madumere, Chief of Staff, COS; and Dr. Paschal Obi, will serve as the Principal Secretary to the Governor. Voice of America, VOA, reporter, Mr. Chinedu Offor, is the governor’s Senior Special Assistant, SSA, (Media).

Okorocha also announced that all the appointments were with immediate effect.

He also stated that his rescue programme would be executed in partnership with professional bodies in the state, adding that his government would appoint a community speaker in each of the communities in Imo State.

Okorocha affirmed that professionals would be engaged at all levels to drive the policies and programmes of his administration.
“All of you know that I am on a rescue mission to put Imo State back on track and let me state it clearly that I can’t succeed in this task without partnering with all the professional bodies in the state,” Okorocha said.
Re: Deft Move As Chinedu Offor Of Voa Becomes Media Assistant To Okorocha by houvest: 8:33am On May 31, 2011
Is this Anwuka the Oguta man that brought a lot of sanity to IMSU during his days as VC by appointing 2 Reverends to take care of admissions? If so I think it is a good appointment. Have not heard of the other two as I do not listen to VOA.

(1) (Reply)

Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter / Gov Orji Unveils The Newly Rebuilt M.I Okpara Square / Australian Negotiator Exonerates Buhari And El Rufai..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.