Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,953 members, 7,931,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:25 PM

Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike (11492 Views)

'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President / Buhari: Why I Will Never Write A Book / Buhari: Why I Trekked 800 Meters In Daura - President Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by MANDIPUTIN: 7:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Sustained opposition by organised Labour forced Federal Government to suspend increases in petrol pump price, President Muhammadu Buhari said yesterday.

He also explained why Nigeria’s debt portfolio continued to soar, saying his administration kept the economy on its feet by spending out of recessions.

The President’s explanations were contained in the next year’s Appropriation Bill he presented for consideration at a joint session of the National Assembly in Abuja.

He said next year’s Appropriation Act will be the last full year budget to be implemented by his administration.

The National Assembly, Buhari said, would recall that in March last year, the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) announced that the price of petrol would henceforth be determined by market forces.

He, however, noted that the rising crude oil prices and exchange rate combined to push the price of petrol above the regulated N145.00 per litre price.

According to the President, labour unions led the opposition against the price deregulation policy, saying that the government had to suspend upward price adjustments to engage labour leaders.

He added that the subsidy on petrol significantly eroded revenues that should have been available to fund this year’ Appropriation Act.

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-we-halted-planned-petrol-price-hike-by-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Baawaa(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2021
But gas is now 650 per KG

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Kunlelee: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2021
This baba should take it easy on this nation. We've accepted the fact that he can turn the country upside down.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by BigSarah(f): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2021
If this government wants to increase anything do it now, don't wait till December or next year..

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Fahdiga(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2021
That's the only thing he can do perfectly. Increase the suffering of the masses

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by adesegun121(m): 7:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Lobatan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by JavaScript90: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2021
Halt petrol price but increase the price of gas from 400 to 700 naira? What of the price on kerosene?
This government is evil. They know that if they increase petrol price Nigerians will complain so they deliberately increased the cost of cooking gas,diesel and kerosene and still make same or more money that would have come from increase in the price of petrol.
This government have an army of evil anti people strategists.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job. I also have an already made real estate script for sale. Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by OG1BABY(f): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2021
Okay
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Aidejay(m): 8:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Make dem stop all this dress rehearsal.
Do what is in your mind oga. Stop stalling.
Stop doing footsie, stop just stop.
Something wey dem go still hike las las dey are now doing showmanship. Dancing around it like it's an idol.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Maxymilliano(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2021
Lol ... Believe Buhari at your peril

Nigerians should just be on the guard, Petrol price hike is imminent.

Diesel is now sold at 320/liter

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2021
grin Abeg even the almighty USA dey borrow borrow grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by benuejosh: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Good man Buhari. A man who listens to the cry of the people.
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Kobicove(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2021
The real reason why they don't want to increase the price of petrol is cos of upcoming national elections undecided

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Slurity(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2021
Baawaa:
550 here in Ogun
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Busayo58(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2021
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Okoroawusa: 8:32am On Oct 08, 2021
We can't continue to subsidize fuel. Subsidy must go for this country to move forward.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by WibusJaga: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2021

Las Las, the hike will since happen. I've since lost hope on anything good coming out of this Buhari government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by eluquenson(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2021
Increase it biko, we are used to your devi'lish way of running the country
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Raxxye(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2021
Z
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Gadafii: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2021
benuejosh:
Good man Buhari. A man who listens to the cry of the people.
may God listen to your cries and prayers the way and manner buhari listen to the cries of nigerians cool

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Raxxye(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2021
Baawaa:
My neighbour (in Port Harcourt) bought 2kg for 1,500 yesterday!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Franking: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Of u use prepaid meter for electricity u must be paying through ur nose.

If u use gas to prepare food in ur house u know how far now.

Petrol too is expensive as it is.

While income remains the same.

Nor be juju be that?

They just want to kee all of us in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Perfectbeing(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2021
Just end fuel subsidy. Let anything that wants to happen, happen

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Noshitboi(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2021
Baawaa:
The thing weak me o! This is the worst government ever in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Akabuking: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2021
Baawaa:
750 down here

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by Racoon(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2021
Go ahead! No be today that your government have been a source of affliction.
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by seandurse(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2021
Confused soul. We shall rise above your afflictions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by cardoctor(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2021
Na today?
Re: Buhari: Why We Halted Planned Petrol Price Hike by gurunlocker: 8:58am On Oct 08, 2021
This man really get away with a whole lot of shlt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Refineries Plan Supply To 150,000 IPMAN Stations / Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs / APC Women Protest In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.