Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Nigerian Leaders Are Scared Of Youths - DJ Switch - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Leaders Are Scared Of Youths - DJ Switch (150 Views)

Seun Kuti Reacts To A Video Of Youths ‘chilling’ At A Betting Shop In Owerri / Bobrisky Reacts To The Video Of Youths Protesting Against Him / Charly Boy Poses In Casket, Blasts Nigerian Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Are Scared Of Youths - DJ Switch by Kennymedia(m): 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nigerian disc jockey and activist, Obianuju Catherine Udeh, popularly known as DJ Switch, has said that Nigerian leaders are scared of its youths.

The DJ made this statement during her speech at the Oslo Freedom Forum.

In a video snippet of the event, she made reference to Afrobeats legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s 1977 hit song, Zombie, where he likened the Nigerian Army to Zombies, tagging them as ‘mindless zombies following idiotic orders.’

She said; “As an artist and a DJ, I listen to music a lot all the time and I am reminded of the legend — the artiste, Fela Anikulapo Kuti. He was known for speaking truth to power with his music and I am reminded of his 1977 song titled, Zombie. Here, Fela likens the Nigerian military to mindless zombies following idiotic orders. It was relevant then, it is relevant today and it is most likely relevant tomorrow, in the future.

“The same future that they say is in the hands of the leaders of tomorrow, but what we have tomorrow are recycled leaders of today who have failed to provide an enabling environment for young leaders to thrive and contribute. But they chose, instead to kill us all off one by one.

“This might sound outrageous to you and you might wonder why; I will tell you. Our leaders are afraid; it is as simple as that. They are afraid of a thinking, innovative, and collaborative working Nigeria. They are afraid of every young Nigerian who, against all odds, has made it for themselves.

“They are afraid of a ‘me’; the coconut head generation as we like to call ourselves. We are hard-headed, we are not easily deceived by propaganda. We stand up to our oppressors, starting with the Nigerian Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed. CONTINUE READING AND WATCH THE VIDEO; https://kennymedia.com.ng/2021/10/08/nigerian-leaders-are-scared-of-youths-dj-switch/

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa's Most Creative Singer, AFRO JC To Clock 23 Tomorrow, Writes On Facebook / Meet The 2021 Women In Music Roll Of Honour: Hannah Shogbola / China : A-Z On How To Import Products From China And Make More Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.