Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:47 AM

NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) (877 Views)

Nysc Batch C 2021 Greencard / Must Read: How To Be Financially Buoyant Before The End Of Nysc. / NYSC Different Names Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2021
Hello fam, am having some challenge regarding my Year of Admission and Year of Graduation.
My course is 4 years which started from 2015 to 2019, but, I realized that my Uni. set it as 2015 to 2021(as year of graduation) which is normal because it was when they resumed work after COVID-19 break and vetted my Statement Of Result.
Now, my fear is, my GREENCARD reads that I started school in 2015 and graduated in 2021, pls, is this normal?
Because, I graduated 2019 but due to covid, everything was postponed and my result was vetted in 2021 by my Uni.
The Arrow is year set by my Uni.
The other circle is my FEAR which supposed to read 2015 to 2019
Though, am not the only one facing the issue, their are others and also, some people greencard read 2015 to 2019 which is appropriate.
What can I do if it is a mistake or is it normal?
Attached is my GREENCARD and My Statement of result which the read the Degree is for 2018/2019.
Re: NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) by Antidote333: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
McDaav:
Hello fam, am having some challenge regarding my Year of Admission and Year of Graduation.
My course is 4 years which started from 2015 to 2019, but, I realized that my Uni. set it as 2015 to 2021(as year of graduation) which is normal because it was when they resumed work after COVID-19 break and vetted my Statement Of Result.
Now, my fear is, my GREENCARD reads that I started school in 2015 and graduated in 2021, pls, is this normal?
Because, I graduated 2019 but due to covid, everything was postponed and my result was vetted in 2021 by my Uni.
Though, am not the only one facing the issue, their are others and also, some people greencard read 2015 to 2019 which is appropriate.
Attached is my GREENCARD and My Statement of result which the read the Degree is for 2018/2019.

Someone should answer dis guy

1 Like

Re: NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) by Pritipresh(f): 7:49am On Oct 11, 2021
McDaav:

Hello, I did my online registration and I was asked my years of study which I told them (2016-2019), count that and you will realize its 4years. Immediately we paid payment to NYSC a/c and it showed successful another applicant stepped in to alert us on this issue (pix attached). I immediately moved to students Affairs division to rectify that but was told there's nothing that can be done that they've already uploaded every single detail about us to the NYSC portal. I wasn't convinced. Still thinking something could be done about it, I fixed appointment with my HOD but immediately realized I could meet my departmental mobilization officer, so opted in. Met the man and explained to me in detail. Now this is what he said
You were offered admission 2016 for a 4yr program which terminates 2019. That is your graduation year, you did the right thing. But senate sat to approve result 2021 bcox of the lockdown/covid. I showed him the screenshot frim senate portal (that of approval to register and which graduation year carries date/month/year, year being 2021 underlining this and asked told him these are different dates. Je told me that the year there is when yiur result was approved. Now, with regards to the disparity in the year of graduation vs camp issues, (the year on yiur dashboard should correspond with that on your statement of result/ cert.)what they mean is that the year on that your senate list must correspond with the year on your statement of result. That year you're seeing on that your senate portal reading 2021 is the year your certificate must carry bcox that is the year your school uploaded to them. So if you have date/ month/ year of graduation on your Greencard that matches that on your statement of result then you do not have issue. Though I used 2019 as my graduation year, what showed up on my green card was exactly what I saw on my senate list which is which will appear on my statement of result/certificate
You wouldn't have used 2015, to me that makes it 5years

1 Like

Re: NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) by Pritipresh(f): 8:07am On Oct 11, 2021
McDaav:
My course is 4 years which started from 2015 to 2019, but, I realized that my Uni. set it as 2015 to 2021(as year of graduation) which is normal because it was when they resumed work after COVID-19 break and vetted my Statement Of Result. N/b that when you finished school is different from when your result was approved(the main issue here has nothing to do with when you finished school but when your result was approved which is what your certificate will carry as your graduation year and must likewise match your green card.
Now, my fear is, my GREENCARD reads that I started school in 2015 and graduated in 2021, pls, is this normal?[b]YES this is the year your cert must carry (I hope it corresponds with that your senate portal that gave approval to register, confirm that.
Though, am not the only one facing the issue, their are others and also, some people greencard read 2015 to 2019 which is appropriate.(only if their statement of result carries 2019 as graduation year, if not that's disparity cox it will carry when the result was approved/vetted
What can I do if it is a mistake or is it normal? Normal/or visit your student affairs division and explain to them
Attached is my GREENCARD and My Statement of result which the read the Degree is for 2018/2019(it cannot even be 2018/19- this means that you graduated 2018. If at all it should read 2019/2020. But the ACTUAL year will be when that result was approved/vetted.
this is where the issue comes.�
Summary: The date/month/year on your GREENCARD must match that on your statement of result

Pls read in-between the quote. Hope I tried

1 Like

Re: NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) by Pritipresh(f): 8:12am On Oct 11, 2021
From your GREENCARD, you don't have issue. Wait and confirm your statement of result which will carry exactly what your arrow displays.
Wish you well
Re: NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Pritipresh:

Hello, I did my online registration and I was asked my years of study which I told them (2016-2019), count that and you will realize its 4years. Immediately we paid payment to NYSC a/c and it showed successful another applicant stepped in to alert us on this issue (pix attached). I immediately moved to students Affairs division to rectify that but was told there's nothing that can be done that they've already uploaded every single detail about us to the NYSC portal. I wasn't convinced. Still thinking something could be done about it, I fixed appointment with my HOD but immediately realized I could meet my departmental mobilization officer, so opted in. Met the man and explained to me in detail. Now this is what he said
You were offered admission 2016 for a 4yr program which terminates 2019. That is your graduation year, you did the right thing. But senate sat to approve result 2021 bcox of the lockdown/covid. I showed him the screenshot frim senate portal (that of approval to register and which graduation year carries date/month/year, year being 2021 underlining this and asked told him these are different dates. Je told me that the year there is when yiur result was approved. Now, with regards to the disparity in the year of graduation vs camp issues, (the year on yiur dashboard should correspond with that on your statement of result/ cert.)what they mean is that the year on that your senate list must correspond with the year on your statement of result. That year you're seeing on that your senate portal reading 2021 is the year your certificate must carry bcox that is the year your school uploaded to them. So if you have date/ month/ year of graduation on your Greencard that matches that on your statement of result then you do not have issue. Though I used 2019 as my graduation year, what showed up on my green card was exactly what I saw on my senate list which is which will appear on my statement of result/certificate
You wouldn't have used 2015, to me that makes it 5years

Exactly.
Thanks for this great explanation. My statement of Result was approved on 2021 and I have reached out to many people and they gave same explanation as yours. Now am relieved.
Thanks once again.
At least others who might be scared can read this and feel relaxed that there is no issue to worry about.
Re: NYSC GREENCARD Wahala: Must Read (GRAPHICS) by Pritipresh(f): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
McDaav:

Exactly.
Thanks for this great explanation. My statement of Result was approved on 2021 and I have reached out to many people and they gave same explanation as yours. Now am relieved.
Thanks once again.
At least others who might be scared can read this and feel relaxed that there is no issue to worry about.

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Redeployment/relocation / Please Vote For OLAOLUWA CALEB ADEDEJI As The Next Pz Baby Of The Year. / All Batch C 2014 Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.