Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,948 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:22 AM

Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post (1165 Views)

Madu Onuorah Arrested Over Defamatory Publication Against Nun - Police / Emefiele Demands N25bn As Damages From Akpabio Over ‘defamatory Remark’ / Seun Okinbaloye Of Channels TV Seen Liking A Defamatory Post Against PDP Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by babyvoice1990(m): 12:29pm On Oct 10, 2021

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has dragged a Facebook user to court over a defamatory post.

The Facebook user, Ismaila Ashipa, had on the 5th of October taken to his Facebook account to accuse the Governor of wrongfully sacking a member of the Shooting Stars Sports Club, Mr Abubakar Adeyemi and tagged him “vindictive GSM”.

His words, “one of the skillful footballers who got 3SC promoted to the Premier Division recently, Mr Abubakre Adeyemi, defensive midfielder with jersey number 4, has been sacked by Governor Seyi Makinde.”

Meanwhile, the 3SC management, swiftly debunked the rumour, stressing that no player of the club has been sacked, even as the club confirmed that the player in question collected his September salary, alongside other players on Tuesday, the same day the story of his purported sack was peddled.

However, Governor Seyi Makinde represented by his legal counsel, Kunle Kalejaye, SAN, has dragged the rumour peddler to court.

Oyo Affairs will bring you details as the issues unfold.

Source: https://oyoaffairs.net/seyi-makinde-drags-facebook-user-to-court-over-defamatory-post/
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by itsme01: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Failure of an Audio Governor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Bola146(f): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mumu, I can't vote him again undecided

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by RZArecta(m): 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
APC îmbeciles are already crying above me but the same fóols threaten arrests and even death to those who criticize their pay masters talk less of peddle fake stories about them. Funny cúnts cool

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Jostoman: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
itsme01:
Failure of an Audio Governor
na audio you still dey when people have been referring to him as video governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Jostoman: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:
who need your vote before grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by hisexcellency34: 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
good move. why will a governor sack a footballer? for dating his wife or planning to contest with him in 2023?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Validated: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:
Did you voye for him before?
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Wahalaperson: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
Haha, why couldn't he sue the people that has been accusing him of corruption and embezzlement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Tinubuadvocate: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Imagine this buffalo will not do anything till his tenure expired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by muller101(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:
wetin him do you. Your single vote no de count.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by ivolt: 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Some people are born liars.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by traihit: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
hevogan:
Nawa oh

GSM should rather focus on more important things

I think Seyi Makinde's handlers are behind the suit. I kind of support it though. If you want to criticize an administration, do so constructively with facts and not just smearing of names.

It's the tactic APC used against Jonathan and everyone now regrets it. Makinde is not perfect but lying against him to score points is totally uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Charmingrascal(m): 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
He failed to drag that man fulani man that killed several people in Oyo to court.
This is what he is dragging people to Court for.

Failure!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
This man dey shame me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
traihit:

I think Seyi Makinde's handlers are behind the suit. I kind of support it though. If you want to criticize an administration, do so constructively with facts and not just smearing of names.

It's the tactic APC used against Jonathan and everyone now regrets it. Makinde is not perfect but lying against him to score points is totally uncalled for.

The man has more important things to do like securing his state from bandits and not responding to trolls.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Buckeyemedia1: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
traihit:

Don’t you have Afenifere’s email, or phone number?
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
Way to go in a democracy.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=RZArecta post=106611781]APC îmbeciles are already crying above me but the same fóols threaten arrests and even death to those who criticize their pay masters talk less of peddle fake stories about them. Funny cúnts .

Instead of applauding the guy for not resorting to despotic means. GSM for presidency 2023.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Sunday2021: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
Good one! Those of you that are good in writing rubbish without evidence should watch it.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Oracleforce: 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
It like this Oyo state governor doesn't have much work to do in the governor's house...because if he has, he should be giving his attention to just a common Facebook user..

Can you imagine Sanwoolu dragging Facebook user to court
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Sacking or not, no life is lost, no doctor or pastor was killed. We thank God in South West and hope South East insecurity comes to an end.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Trumann: 12:49am On Oct 11, 2021
RZArecta:
APC îmbeciles are already crying above me but the same fóols threaten arrests and even death to those who criticize their pay masters talk less of peddle fake stories about them. Funny cúnts cool

Ipob yoot, how far? Today is Monday. UGM and ESN suppose drop some of una today na, abi no be so?

Make night come quick make we know scores.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by Trumann: 12:51am On Oct 11, 2021
SlyDev:
Sacking or not, no life is lost, no doctor or pastor was killed. We thank God in South West and hope South East insecurity comes to an end.

Nothing like insecurity in the South East. The people there are obviously happy with the state of things.
Re: Seyi Makinde Drags Facebook User To Court Over Defamatory Post by SarkinYarki: 2:08am On Oct 11, 2021
If na APC governor now they will use DSS to lock him in underground cell till all his melanin dries up...But see PDP gov going the civil way

(1) (Reply)

Official Profile Of Senator Ademola Jackson Nurudeen Adeleke / Breaking: Sylva Meet Jonathan In Abuja / Between Peter Obi And Tinubu, Who Was A Better Achiever As Public Office Holder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.