Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,722 members, 7,889,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:38 AM

This Is How Tyson Fury Defeated Wilder - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Is How Tyson Fury Defeated Wilder (315 Views)

Why Tyson Fury Defeated Me - Deontay Wilder / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Tyson Fury Defeated Wilder by yahwehpickin(m): 7:38am On Oct 11, 2021
For Those who missed the fight, this is a clip of what went down.

What are your thoughts about the match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWxMqaawzk

Subscribe to our Channel and like the videos, we also have some premium bbnaija housemate contents
Re: This Is How Tyson Fury Defeated Wilder by yahwehpickin(m): 7:56am On Oct 11, 2021
If there was any question, Tyson Fury is still the best heavyweight in the world and he proved it again on Saturday night.

Fury (31-0-1, 22 KOs) survived a pair of early knockdowns in his trilogy bout against rival Deontay Wilder (42-2-1, 41 KOs) to storm back and score an 11th-round knockout to retain his WBC and The Ring heavyweight titles. With the win, Fury now holds a definitive advantage in their trilogy with two victories and a draw.

This is the second consecutive knockout win for Fury over Wilder after he defeated Wilder by seventh-round TKO in February.

To Wilder’s credit, he gave everything he had in the third meeting between the two boxing stars and it just wasn’t enough. The end came when Fury pushed the pace in Round 11 before landing a clean right hand that dropped an exhausted Wilder. Referee Russell Mora didn’t even bother with a 10-count, waving off the action before Wilder’s body hit the canvas.

It was the end of what was a grueling back-and-forth battle in the early going as Fury scored the first knockdown of the fight in Round 3, only to be dropped twice himself in Round 4. It was the first time in Fury’s 32-fight pro career that he’d ever been knocked down twice in a round.

However, once Fury recovered and found his rhythm, he pushed a pace that Wilder could not keep up with and the subsequent rounds were all mostly in Fury’s favor. Wilder was left leaning against the ropes and on Fury to try and stop the Englishman’s onslaught.

Though Wilder was still throwing power rights throughout the contest, with each passing round his offense to slow and Fury was able to avoid any serious danger. Fury scored another knockdown in the 10th with a heavy right hand, which was the beginning of the end for Wilder.

After the fight, Fury was asked how he survived the early trouble.

“Like the great John Wayne said, ‘I’m made of pig steel and iron,’ baby,” Fury answered.

He also gave credit to Wilder, though he made sure to remind everyone that there is only one true heavyweight king.

“It was a great fight tonight, it’s worthy of any trilogy in the history of the sport,” Fury said. “I’m not gonna make any excuses, Wilder’s a tough fighter, he gave me a run for my money tonight. I always said I’m the best in the world and he’s the second best.

Re: This Is How Tyson Fury Defeated Wilder by yahwehpickin(m): 8:10am On Oct 11, 2021
If there was any question, Tyson Fury is still the best heavyweight in the world and he proved it again on the night.

Fury (31-0-1, 22 KOs) survived a pair of early knockdowns in his trilogy bout against rival Deontay Wilder (42-2-1, 41 KOs) to storm back and score an 11th-round knockout to retain his WBC and The Ring heavyweight titles. With the win, Fury now holds a definitive advantage in their trilogy with two victories and a draw.

This is the second consecutive knockout win for Fury over Wilder after he defeated Wilder by seventh-round TKO in February.

To Wilder’s credit, he gave everything he had in the third meeting between the two boxing stars and it just wasn’t enough. The end came when Fury pushed the pace in Round 11 before landing a clean right hand that dropped an exhausted Wilder. Referee Russell Mora didn’t even bother with a 10-count, waving off the action before Wilder’s body hit the canvas.

It was the end of what was a grueling back-and-forth battle in the early going as Fury scored the first knockdown of the fight in Round 3, only to be dropped twice himself in Round 4. It was the first time in Fury’s 32-fight pro career that he’d ever been knocked down twice in a round.

However, once Fury recovered and found his rhythm, he pushed a pace that Wilder could not keep up with and the subsequent rounds were all mostly in Fury’s favor. Wilder was left leaning against the ropes and on Fury to try and stop the Englishman’s onslaught.

Though Wilder was still throwing power rights throughout the contest, with each passing round his offense to slow and Fury was able to avoid any serious danger. Fury scored another knockdown in the 10th with a heavy right hand, which was the beginning of the end for Wilder.

After the fight, Fury was asked how he survived the early trouble.

“Like the great John Wayne said, ‘I’m made of pig steel and iron,’ baby,” Fury answered.

He also gave credit to Wilder, though he made sure to remind everyone that there is only one true heavyweight king.

“It was a great fight tonight, it’s worthy of any trilogy in the history of the sport,” Fury said. “I’m not gonna make any excuses, Wilder’s a tough fighter, he gave me a run for my money tonight. I always said I’m the best in the world and he’s the second best.

(1) (Reply)

Lookman Enjoying Life At Leicester City / Can One Actually Survive Trading On Sports Betting??? / Newcastle's New Owners At St James' Park As PIF Era Begins Against Tottenham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.