Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill (6232 Views)

GEJ Just Lost Another Supporter In Me / GEJ Signed FOI Bill GMB Send Other To Jail For Seeking Info / Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Ekpoma1: 9:37pm On May 31, 2011
Kudos GEJ. I hope there won't be any restrictions of whatsoever to the kind/type of information one seek or else kasala go bust. This is d time you enjoy jornalism.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Osama10(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2011
Beaf:

Nwogu just announced on NTA that the senate will pass it after the next 7 days. Fingers crossed, it'll be a done deal in under a month.

That's good to hear.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Beaf: 9:42pm On May 31, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

I still stand by that comment, if what was revealed in the wikileaks diplomatic cables, the strange undeniable fact that the outgoing NASS assembly does not know the true version of the PIB they are actually considering in the HOR and Senate! This same call was also raised by the out-going chairman of the HOR committee on rules and buisness -Hon ita enang on the floor of the house as the bill was been debated.

If not for the stupidity of PDP, why should  important bills such as PIB, FOI, etc take more than six to eight months to be pass into law? Why should IOC be allowed too much room to influence the bill the way they have done? Yes thier inputs are required to frame the bill but it should only be seen as suggestions and not what the bill should be!

If you think IOC gaining much of the $25bn of tax payer's money is not slavery then there something wrong somewhere.

My earlier submission that whatever the content of the PIB is for now should passed into law is simply based on the premise that the incoming NASS with vibrant opposition will be in a better position to restructure the act to favour nigerians compared to the shambolic work and injustice the out-going rogue PDP legislators have done to the present PIB bill.

Again why rejoice when you have not had the chance to see and peruse for yourself the version of the FOI as signed into law? Same happened to labour after the new minimum wage act was signed into law only for them to start crying foul that the version signed into law was different from the one they had; with several amendments that appear to give the state governors loop holes in not paying the 18,000naira minimum wage! and lo, Bauchi state government has taken advantage of one of those loop holes to offer the civil servants in the state a miserly 11,500naira minimum wage.

Get it straight, I 'm not your 'follow follow the master type', who rely on 'invented facts' to butress thier blind folded followership.

No sir, you are just hopelessly lost.

How can a single person generate so much hearsay and crap? Na wa! embarassed
You don't even know what the PIB entails, its a waste of time entertaining you and your super-noisy but vacuous type.
Like I said earlier, gerout jare! angry
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Beaf: 9:43pm On May 31, 2011
Ekpoma1:

Kudos GEJ. I hope there won't be any restrictions of whatsoever to the kind/type of information one seek or else kasala go bust. This is d time you enjoy jornalism.

Who go let you read SSS file? shocked grin
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by mrjingles(m): 9:48pm On May 31, 2011
Men am surprised the PIB issue is not in the public consciousness as it shd be. I blame our media for that. Omo if GEJ signs PIB he would have done a MAJOR MAJOR service to this country! I go dance kokoma the day dem go sign that bill walahi. FOI na small potatoes compared to that one.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by fxtopedia(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2011
Until I peruse and even swot this BILL, I will NOT congratulate anybody.
I am not gullible! I refuse to fall into the trap of these feedeefee.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by jmaine: 10:00pm On May 31, 2011
fxtopedia:

Until I peruse and even swot this BILL, I will NOT congratulate anybody.
I am not gullible! I refuse to fall into the trap of these feedeefee.

You are very free to feel that way . .but the progressive train is already on the move, PIB next please . . . Na that one really concern me and my field  grin grin . . .

Beaf:

Nwogu just announced on NTA that the senate will pass it after the next 7 days. Fingers crossed, it'll be a done deal in under a month.

Heard it too, abi them wan make boys replicate those women protest cos of delays on health bill, before they do what is right . . .If it is to accent to any bill that will favor the NASS members, they take less than 3 days to pass it under any means . .
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by efisher(m): 10:05pm On May 31, 2011
^ The impact of PIB will be like no other. I am already thinking of how to position myself properly to benefit from it.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by jmaine: 10:08pm On May 31, 2011
efisher:

^ The impact of PIB will be like no other. [size=18pt]I am already thinking of how to position myself properly to benefit from it.[/size]

[size=14pt]The embolden part is the very sentence . . .boys go dey engaged big time  grin grin . . . . [/size]
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by fxtopedia(m): 10:19pm On May 31, 2011
jmaine:

You are very free to feel that way . .but the progressive train is already on the move, PIB next please . . . Na that one really concern me and my field  grin grin . . .

Your comment ACTUALLY shows how progressive you are indeed! LOL
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Kilode1: 10:24pm On May 31, 2011
Osama10:

Any news about the PIB?

jmaine:

You are very free to feel that way . .but the progressive train is already on the move, PIB next please . . . Na that one really concern me and my field grin grin . . .

Heard it too, abi them wan make boys replicate those women protest cos of delays on health bill, before they do what is right . . .If is to accent to any bill that will favour the NASS members, they take less than 3 days to pass it under any means . .

efisher:

^ The impact of PIB will be like no other. I am already thinking of how to position myself properly to benefit from it.

I may be wrong, but I've come to notice that most posters who are excited about the PIB re die-hard Nairaland GEJ supporters ,especially during the 2011 election campaign period. I assume they are also from the South South. wink

I'm excited about a well implemented PIB bill too BTW wink

Now, my issue as raised on the Federalism thread few days ago is; how do we ensure that the PIB bill grants good access to Oil sector Jobs, businesses and contracts on merit and for ALL Nigerians? and also;

Are we sure the Bill as it's currently written is strong enough to prevent foreign companies and very influential IOC's from using greedy Nigerians as proxies to aquire jobs, assets and contracts in the Oil sector?  thereby cheating less liquid Nigerians out of fair and competitive merit bidding processes.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Kilode1: 10:26pm On May 31, 2011
Beaf:

^
I think a thread on such matters is well in order. Your analysis is spot on bro.

I'll see if I can spin off a thread from here.

Done: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-679970.0.html
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by chelseabmw(m): 10:29pm On May 31, 2011
Nice move Mr Presido
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Ekpoma1: 10:49pm On May 31, 2011
Beaf:

Who go let you read SSS file? shocked grin
Wetin consine me with SSS file? Abegi all i care is the files of how contract are awarded in Edo State. Adams Oshiomhole don too thief my money.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by MeGaStReEt: 10:52pm On May 31, 2011
Goodluck, I know say you kno go fall our we hand
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 31, 2011
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 31, 2011
im really happy for my dear nigeria progress,this gej  really got something upstairs.im happy i supported him
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by johnie: 11:01pm On May 31, 2011
Good move.

I hope someone has updated that thread on GEJ's actions.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 31, 2011
pls guys what about privatization of the phcn? i will love that the most! any news about it?
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by vaLasce(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2011
hmmmmnn!
nnknmm!
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by vaLasce(m): 11:25pm On May 31, 2011
Antelop toaskarity!
d only anambra donkey in dallas,
in united states of anambra.
camels like u,
dat fill its justifiable2take ppls lives,
live in evil forests,
n deserts!
wat d hell do u wan2knw'bout phcn?
u shld b eating grass
n kicking ur hoofs n horns against rocks, cheesy grin
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by otondo55: 11:26pm On May 31, 2011
Good Move,

Lets march on, Nigeria MUST get better,

Whom much is given, much is expected !
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by vaLasce(m): 11:29pm On May 31, 2011
antelop toasky!
. . . . . .as well as
driving flies wit ur
short hairless tail! tongue
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by pleep(m): 11:32pm On May 31, 2011
Hmmmm. . . I'm starting to change my mind about GEJ. grin
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by karlmax2: 11:56pm On May 31, 2011
I dedicate the passing of the FOI bill by GEJ to all his haters before,during and after the election.haters
U won't see dem comment on this bad belly people
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by hillsate: 11:59pm On May 31, 2011
Signed freedom of info into law?
How does that affect the price of eggs?
what does that translate into for the common man?
Does that give me power 24/7 365?
mchewwww!
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by silverstud: 12:02am On Jun 01, 2011
That is a very welcomed development,
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Natasha2(f): 12:06am On Jun 01, 2011
omg I knew it I knew it I knew GEJ would not and cannot fail me, not after all the promises he made to me cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 01, 2011
who gives a f*** This would matter in more advanced societies! Aren't their more important things to tackle?? Talk about misplaced priorities!
Keep passing your freedom of information Bill while "Boko Haram" is having a field day with bombings in the North and slowly putting Nigeria on a road map to the predicted failed state status.
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by MeGaStReEt: 12:16am On Jun 01, 2011
If na bad news, this matter for don enter page 10
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 01, 2011
vaLasce:

Antelop toaskarity!
d only anambra donkey in dallas,
in united states of anambra.
camels like u,
dat fill its justifiable2take ppls lives,
live in evil forests,
n deserts!
wat d hell do u wan2knw'bout phcn?
u shld b eating grass
n kicking your hoofs n horns against rocks, cheesy grin
[size=16pt]insanity in the highest order! what a pity[/size]
Re: Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill by vaLasce(m): 12:43am On Jun 01, 2011
confirmd! Toasky! Ur antelop4life!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Overtakes Bill Gates In Daily Earnings In First Quarter Of 2014 / Buhari Set To Appoint Cramjones As An SSA - Cramjones / Nigeria Intimidation Will Only Force Us To Pick Arms — IPOB Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.