Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,813 members, 7,930,787 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:35 AM

Foi Bill, Where Is It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foi Bill, Where Is It? (671 Views)

GEJ Signed FOI Bill GMB Send Other To Jail For Seeking Info / Breaking News: Gej Just Signed Foi Bill / I’ll Sign Foi Bill But … , Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foi Bill, Where Is It? by ebere1712: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2011
Nigerians cant make me stop laughing. How can you sign a freedom of information bill, and them keep it deep in your cabinet of secrecy. Guys isn''t that mighty ironic. In my quest to find the content of the bill, I read a news article that said it is still shrouded with secrecy. Who is deceiving who? Instead of coming to nairaland to rejoice over a bill that nobody has seen; can someone please tell those criminal politicians to release the content of the bill to the public. Yeah, they would soon tell us that it is detrimental to the great poo called Nigeria's national security. Man, I'm tired of Nigerian politicians and Nigeria's sycophant populace. Tell us the content of the bill, and make state governments publish their accounts and lists of their contracts and biddings, and other businesses in their state websites. That is not too hard to do. Other people are doing it.
Re: Foi Bill, Where Is It? by efisher(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2011
The key points of the bill are all over the internet including Nairaland. Just check a few threads on the subject and get the message. The detailed document we seek is freely available and accessible to all the important stakeholders including the media houses, legislators, labour unions, etc. Remember that the bill remains a bill till it becomes law. Why should the government parade draft copies all over the internet? I believe the final document as signed into law will appear on the internet for everyone to read and digest in the coming days. Some of us are only frustrated because we cannot seem to lay hands on the document just by conducting a "lazy google search".
Re: Foi Bill, Where Is It? by ebere1712: 8:47am On Jun 01, 2011
efisher:

The key points of the bill are all over the internet including Nairaland. Just check a few threads on the subject and get the message. The detailed document we seek is freely available and accessible to all the important stakeholders including the media houses, legislators, labour unions, etc. Remember that the bill remains a bill till it becomes law. Why should the government parade draft copies all over the internet? I believe the final document as signed into law will appear on the internet for everyone to read and digest in the coming days. Some of us are only frustrated because we cannot seem to lay hands on the document just by conducting a "lazy google search".
thnx efisher. I'll just wait for the full document before I rejoice. this bill we help me monitor the local criminals turn politicians in my state.
Re: Foi Bill, Where Is It? by efisher(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2011
^ You can check this out here on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-680419.0.html

I cannot verify the authenticity but it goes to show that the allegations of secrecy are false.

(1) (Reply)

South South Governors (BRACED) Sign Pact For Development / Explosion Kills Three Children In Borno / Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.