Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,872,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:24 AM

What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary (11196 Views)

I Got Sacked After Asking For My Four Month Salary. / Help Me Get A Job And Take One Month Salary Or We Agree On What You Take / Get Me A Job And Collect My Salary For Six Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by SeedofAbraham: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2021
In most establishments... the rule of resignation/quitting a Job is always "One month notice or One month Salary in lieu of notice". If that was stated during the course of your employment, it means that you're not entitled to any payment.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by tubosunmii(m): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Word of advice forget about the salary because nobody can help you out and am sure your boss is still upset that you left.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by seunny4lif(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
angry
Unless your boss has change of heart, then forget about your money.

Talking from experience here, especially if you are dealing with all those rich people.
One new retired DCP of police own me 20K Naira since 2006 other one na airport job for a woman and she no pay me just my 6K Naira
They have the connection to do bad things to you, they can just call CP or AIG and get you arrested and you know Nigeria has no law for the high men

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by HonestFriend: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Go meet him face to face and confront him... Useless boss
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Daceline: 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2021
First I think salary on the 15th is better than no salary at all. You strategise and plan before quitting any job.

Secondly, forget that money and move on with your life. Any day he decides to pay you is when he will pay you.

Thirdly, don't ever go to carry any laptop, na robbery be that o. As you no get money to chop so you get money for case?

Pikin wey no get money dey get sense o...

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by dapolaw(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2021
You better don't dare do that.... Are you not supposed to give them atleast 2 weeks prior notice before leaving? Well I don't know the content of your appointment letter, go back to it and study it.

Adebaba1:
I resigned on September 30 2021 and my boss has delayed my salary for the past 13 days now. I have tried to call him but he didn't pick my call.
I sent him messages on WhatsApp, he refused to respond despite reading it.
This is one of the reasons why I resigned...delays salary till on the 10th or 15th.
I have to call to remind him of my salary. It's highly tiring.
I think I made a mistake of resigning before collecting my salary
Note this man is very rich...the company account balance is in hundreds of millions. So no one can tell me 70k salary is an issue for him.
I am currently battling with cankersores and I need money to take care of myself.

I am thinking of going back to the office and take one of the laptops and sell it.

This is very unfair.

Please I need your advice

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by BarrElChapo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:
I resigned on September 30 2021 and my boss has delayed my salary for the past 13 days now. I have tried to call him but he didn't pick my call.
This is one of the reasons why I resigned...delays salary till on the 10th or 15th.
Note this man is very rich...the company account balance is in hundreds of millions. So no one can tell me 70k salary is an issue for him.
I am currently battling with cankersores and I need money to take care of myself.

I am thinking of going back to the office and take one of the laptops and sell it.

This is very unfair.

You already knew the character of the man, you may have to do what you have in mind but mind you such man will use triple the money he owes you to go after you sha but it's better than not trying.
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by nokspos: 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2021
you can't fight rich people, they will win you , ideally you are suppose to give notice when you want to resign a job, and it think its usually 1 month notice depending on your employment agreement. The best you can do is to beg him, look for his soft heart. wash is car if you have too.
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Harrykn: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
Wahala for who quit work when e never collect salary, you should have consulted Us nah before dropping resignation letter because right now even ishilove go dey laugh you because e know say that man go stress you before e give you first 50k.
The man Is Rich, you know how much loan and people money dey the business?

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by chukwuibuipob: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
sadWhatever u do,pls, don't go back to the office and STEAL lappy/anything.Je may use that to lock u up/u serve time in prison over false charge.I kuku trust Nig police,u might confess how u have been STEALING this and that just to save Urself from battering.
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Solatium(m): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

Since you said salary is always delayed till 15th,why not wait and if you don't get it thereafter you can act,but never try to go to the office to take or damage any of their property,you might end up in jail,the man get money pass you o..

Kindly share the name of the organization so others don't fall victim of the same organization
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by lolu2019: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
Carry soldier go there.u don already work.and u informed him before leaving.I am talking from experience. that kind of person needs force.
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by drimzsmoke(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

It's well.You can call the boss,tell him you called to check up on him,ask about his family,tell him you've missed him and the work and thank him for giving you the opportunity to.....If he still doesnt pay you,then please just let it go
Please,don't do anything stupid,you might need the man for letter of recommendation or something else in future

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Jaqenhghar: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

Never give notice
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by NoFucksToGive: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

Which state were you working in (Location) ? what is your ex company into?
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by lolu2019: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

bro,u didn't make a mistake. u have done the right thing.what if u have an urgent job in a far distance state and u have to resume the next day.the fact is the man is very wicked.I have been in ur shoes.then I was working for two companies in Lagos.when I wanted to leave Lagos for another job.I called both companies on phone.I am leaving ur site.I have dropped my keys to the security guard. One company paid and the other was dragging issues with me that I didn't tender official resignation that they won't pay.I came back to Lagos during the pandemic to drag issues with them.six months salary being owed.I went there left like five times.after too much dragging, they paid all my money.
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

Please - they do not intend to pay you and you will spend more time, money and effort in trying to recover it.
Let us discuss in the DM and I can send you something to ease your pain. nothing much but at least it is something
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by madridguy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2021
Forget the money and move on. If you try to go pick an office pin for the office, your enemy will pay for what he didn't buy.

Move on and leave justice to God.

Adebaba1:
I

This is very unfair.

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by LegendaryLover(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

As a rich man, he'll just call the police on you and have you arrested if you take his company laptop & sell. I understand you are frustrated demanding for what's rightly yours and the guy is delaying. But best thing you can do for now is to go to the company when he's around and see him in person

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Wanny20(m): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2021
Your story just thought me a lesson on need to be smart before leaving here.

My boss purposely doesn't pay till 17 or 18 of every month before u get paid. He knows you would want to conclude the next month before leaving that way he keeps drawing u back..

What annoys me most is this mode of payment leaves me with nothing at the end of the day after using me to my zero strength from Monday to Saturday on top 40k, because I would have borrowed to sustain myself till the 17th then the circle continues. Our turnover monthly is in millions and am the one virtually with the highest pay and we are just 6 staffs ( total salary for all of us to.reach 250k).

Am tired, because people think you are doing fine when they see you working that hard and time, not knowing you are just feeding once highest twice a day, once dm see u post edited pictures na do come dm dy ask for assistance not knowing you too need Help ASAP

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by yungchop: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2021
I just left one useless job few days ago.. Dude was like I advice you to come and tender your resignation before I change my mind.. I was like wtf?? I've collected my salary.. Do your fhuckking worst you sorry son of a beeeetch

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Golan007: 12:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
SportsHD:
You should've collected your salary first, then stop coming to work. Since you already know the type of person your boss is.

Second option; carry kala go tamahog your boss. Make him transfer to an untraceable account. Then kpuff am. If you don't kpuff him, he'll definitely arrest you and you'll need more than 70k to bail yourself from the police troubles. That's if you don't find yourself in the confines of the watery beans eating Nigerian prisons. Kpuff him so that next time he comes to this life, he'll learn to be a nice boss.

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by obinnaxci(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
What you need is legal advice not Street help.

I understand where you are coming from. I've been in your shoes.

Best approach is to send him a demand notice that you are owed salary in arrears to the sum of 70,000 naira.
Ensure he read the messages if sent on WhatsApp. Send to his email too
And send a hardcopy (printout) to the office secretary.
Make sure there is proof of receipt of the said letter from the secretary.

If there's a contract letter affirming your employment keep it.

Last advice. Meet a lawyer or as we say it LAWYER UP. cause this man has the resources to come and start harassing and intimidate you or your close friends and family. The moment he does that, you have more evidence to use against him and cash out via damages if you have a good lawyer near you.

If you can't afford a lawyer which I know you can't, go to the legal aid Council of your state. You must show proof that you don't have means of paying professional fees of a lawyer. Remember you are dealing with legal aid (they provide free legal services) they are not stupid to believe you can just show up and tell them you can't afford a lawyer, they will first investigate if you are an informa pauperis (ie poor to afford a lawyer)

Or a lawyer can give you a contigency fee plan.

I've said enough.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Ameduedwin: 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2021
Get a lawyer and approach him legally
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Mac2016(m): 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
Just wondering where he resigned to? I doubt if it is to another better job cos he wouldn't have plan having time to steal laptop to feed.
Well, you knew the trend and didn't follow it. Why not quit after salary is paid?
Whichever way, just assume no one is owing you and move. If he likes make he pay or not, his deeds are awaiting him.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by luckydion(m): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2021

This is very unfair.

Please I need your advice[/quote]

Mr. man! advice yourself
Were you really fare to the company while working? it isn't really good delaying workers' salary.
it seems you were and are still capitalizing on your employer's richness instead of working to make your wealth.
Do you know if it's that company that earned him that wealth you are looking at?

Go and take the Laptop and end up YOUR LIFE in JAIL

Sorry to say this but i must say it, if you were productive in that company your write up/complains/interest would have been different from what is stated here.

The company/man delays salary up to 15th before payment....... according to you, do you know one of the reasons behind this? It's open-mouth of the employees; always focusing on the employers' wealth believing whether work come or not salary will come... these words sometime get to the employers.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by snoopz: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2021
In a private institution, you for don collect first when you Sabi say Dem dey Delay salary till around 10th or thereabout
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Lugianostar(m): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2021
Just forget about it and move on. i left 450k representing 10% my boss sideline while working for him and am not regreting my choice of action.
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Goldiness: 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
Oduduwa707:
Just imagine... Nigerians are generally bad pple. The people NOT, the government are the major problem.

This fool go enter government now and pple go dey expect am to pay workers their salaries. angry

I have said it before, and am still saying it, Nigerians are Nigeria problems, and not the government, because of the wrong and evil they commit to their fellow citizens. What a pity!

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Israeldan1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Well, in Nigeria that we all are there is no need of you to give him a notice that you are leaving
You leave when you want to leave that how Nigerians do men...

Now this is the mistake you made
Since you told him that u resigned you will now make agreements on when to come for your salary he must tell you the day to come for it
If he respond with I will call you later my brother no hope for your salary agian oo Good bye
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Israeldan1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Israeldan1:
Well, in Nigeria that we all are there is no need of you to give him a notice that you are leaving
You leave when you want to leave that how Nigerians do men...

Now this is the mistake you made
Since you told him that u resigned you will now make agreements on when to come for your salary he must tell you the day to come for it
If he respond with I will call you later my brother no hope for your salary agian oo Good bye

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Recruitment For Team Lead, Corporate Social Respon / Peen Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Nigeria Customs Service(ncs) Replacement 2015/2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.