Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,904 members, 7,886,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:29 AM

Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau (4897 Views)

9-year-old Blue Ivy Carter Named Richest Kid, Worth $500million (PHOTOS) / 9-year-old Blue Ivy Reportedly Has Many Grammy Awards Than Shatta Wale Of Ghana / Ramsey Noah The Face Of Blue Band Margarine At Age 8 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by tommy589(m): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2021
tunjijones:

Older people around me? Dude do you know me?

I was already 5 years when Buhari became the head of state.

Butter, sardine and gashia was for the above average class back then. Shey now you can see people send their children to private schools, back then private schools was for the rich.

This days people use gas in their homes, back then gas was for strictly the rich folks, colored TV was for the above average, cable network was for the rich. Back then it was called satellite dish. (The very big dish you see in rich men houses). So dude I was already all grown in the late eighties and early nineties.

5 years in '84 and you know how Nigeria was?Nigeria was already declining in '81 which led to austerity measure by Shagari. The problems of Nigeria and the year it started was highlighted in Onyeka Onwenu's documentary,Nigeria: the squandering of riches. You will find it in YouTube if you were too young to watch it on NTA in 1984

Are you saying parents that brought their children from England and USA to public schools in Nigeria till early 80s were poor or the commissioners children schooling in public schools?

Btw '79 and '84, aside staffs schools you find in University communities,tell me 12 private schools that existed in your state. No more argument if you can list them. Why sending your children to private schools when most public schools have trained Nigerian and expatriates teachers from India, Ghana, Pakistan, Ireland etc. Teachers then were not doing it because they were unemployed. In loobo states they gave free textbooks and other free educational aids.

Don't just go there at all, I repeat,the poor in Nigeria afford any food before austerity measures
Re: Meet The ‘kid’ On The Old Blue Band Tin, Chris Kamau by tunjijones(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2021
tommy589:

5 years in '84 and you know how Nigeria was?Nigeria was already declining in '81 which led to austerity measure by Shagari. The problems of Nigeria and the year it started was highlighted in Onyeka Onwenu's documentary,Nigeria: the squandering of riches. You will find it in YouTube if you were too young to watch it on NTA in 1984

Are you saying parents that brought their children from England and USA to public schools in Nigeria were poor or the commissioners children you see in public schools?

Btw '79 and '84, aside staffs schools you find in University communities,tell me 12 private schools that existed in your state. No more argument if you can list them. Why sending your children to private schools when most public schools have trained Nigerian and expatriates teachers from India, Ghana, Pakistan, Ireland etc. Teachers then were not doing it because they were unemployed. In loobo states they give free textbooks and other free educational aids.

Don't just go there at all, I repeat,the poor in Nigeria can afford any food before austerity measures

Dude, I rest my case.

But my own submission is that Nigerians are poorer in the eighties compared to this time.

And bros, I knew when the word austerity was first used in Nigeria. I think it was during Babangida regime. I think it was during SAP (structural adjustment program) period.

Compare what you could buy with 2 naira in 1985 using dollars as the unit of measurement to what you can use that same amount to buy now.

Pls can we stop going back and forth on this. Thank you sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

[pix] Christina Milan Got Drunk & Líft Up Her Skírt To Show Her Pánt / Actress Princess Pemu Washing Her Iphone 7 With Water [PICS] / Beauty Of The Day: Fine Girl Diana Odika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.