Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,528 members, 7,881,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:17 AM

Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better (3437 Views)

Am Relocating So Am Selling My TV Set And Home Theather, Freezer In Port Harcour / HUGE: Which Of These Is Better — The Huge One Or The Flat One? [PICTURE] / Paypal: How I Got My 100% Dubai And Lesotho Paypal Accounts. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by golor(m): 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
Good evening house before I begin let me apologize for posting this here . The purpose is to get a fast response and opinion.

I live in a self contain apartment tho I intend to move to a bedroom flat soon . The issue is ; I intend to buy a Generator set once I get home ( 4.2 kv ) key starter Gen but I HV been advised to get Solar instead. That it's more economical but I don't know how reliable it's ... Tho my budget for the Gen is 120k and I wouldn't mind spending such for Solar provided it's gives me what I want . Pls people with opinion help me

Cc : mynd44
Cc; Seun

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Jeon(f): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2021
NEPA
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by blackboy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
Solar!! You wont regret it. It will be like where have u been all my life and u will be wishing more nigerians had it

6 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Pierocash(m): 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
Solar isn't reliable . Solar is just a backup power,it can't serve you consistently

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Ahmback(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2021
Grabs a seat to learn
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by dan9ice(m): 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2021
Solar can't carry fridge based on the amount you're talking about.. Though it's good..

2 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Vickkymanny: 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
120k solar will only charge your phone and power your fan if you're lucky. If solar is that useful every household in Nigeria would have it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
Torch light is better wink
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2021
If you need a clean source of energy that will power your phone, lights and few simple things opt for solar.
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by zexy2030(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2021
As an expert in this field, a very good solar system with 120k won't serve you well and long. Though very economical and environmental friendly but the longevity has been the challenge.

The loads in your apartment will determine what amount of power you would need independently to generate.

If you want 2fans, 2tvs and all your lights working

Inverter very good 3-5kva will cost about 70k

Battery :very good one is going for 160k( it will last 5yrs before you change it). If your appliances are many you may need two(2), if not 1 battery is OK, with 3kva inverter.

The panel, it depends on the wattage: 300w cost 30-40 k you will need 2.

Charge controller- 18k

Battery charger- 15k

Battery rack - 8k
Sum all and you will know how long you can use it.

This will save cost of buying fuel for a long period like say 5yrs, its worth the investment

Except you don't mind to save

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by alabluke(m): 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2021
With your budget generator is the best because solar is very expensive, good battery alone is above 100k.

4 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by SenecaTheYonger: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2021
Dirty energy (fuel) is still your best bet if you have heavy appliance.

If you want to go for a solar that can carry fridge and TV, budget upwards of 500k.

2 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by hisgrace090: 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
Dirty energy (fuel) is still your best bet if you have heavy appliance.

If you want to go for a solar that can carry fridge and TV, budget upwards of 500k.

500k will do notging regarding this load.

2 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by SenecaTheYonger: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
hisgrace090:

500k will do notging regarding this load.

Upwards I said
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Cokahot: 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Forget fuel,buy mikano and sleep well for 12 God hours daily.

1 Like

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by golor(m): 11:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
Cokahot:
Forget fuel,buy mikano and sleep well for 12 God hours daily.
what is mikano pls
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Cokahot: 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
Diesel plant
golor:
what is mikano pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by golor(m): 4:45am On Oct 15, 2021
Cokahot:
Diesel plant

Weldon oh ..I tell u say I own a mansion or I own a hotel !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by hisgrace090: 6:26am On Oct 15, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Upwards I said

Remain blessed!
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Faber(m): 7:36am On Oct 15, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by reddingtonblack: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2021
golor:
Good evening house before I begin let me apologize for posting this here . The purpose is to get a fast response and opinion.

I live in a self contain apartment tho I intend to move to a bedroom flat soon . The issue is ; I intend to buy a Generator set once I get home ( 4.2 kv ) key starter Gen but I HV been advised to get Solar instead. That it's more economical but I don't know how reliable it's ... Tho my budget for the Gen is 120k and I wouldn't mind spending such for Solar provided it's gives me what I want . Pls people with opinion help me

Cc; Seun

Bro your budget is very low for the inverter and as the same time pretty low for the gen, where you wan see 4.2kv gen @ 120k, even the real fakes cost more than that.
i think Gen is more feasible for you, just upscale ur budget, i will highly recommend thermo gen it reliable & expensive

3 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by golor(m): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2021
reddingtonblack:

Bro your budget is very low for the inverter and as the same time pretty low for the gen, where you wan see 4.2kv gen @ 120k, even the real fakes cost more than that.
i think Gen is more feasible for you, just upscale ur budget, i will highly recommend thermo gen it reliable & expensive

Hmmmmm see below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by skywalker240(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2021
@ golor

Solar over generator.

those people trying to discourage you by saying solar aint reliable clearly lacks understanding.

a solar of 120k might not power a refridgerator, so also a generator of same price cant.

solar inverters are better and a wise choice on the long run even when compared to generators

except for batteries that wears after a long period (which can be relaced) not much is needed compared to generator with constant fuel demands, and oil changes and constant resource demanding maintenance and servicing from qualified personel,

you will realize that the solar is more efficient and economical

but you have to up your budget above 250k to get a reliable solar that can power almost or every of your home appliances.

1 Like

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Alusiizizi(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2021
golor:

Cc; Seun

Solar only makes sense in a house you own, otherwise get an inverter/battery setup.

3 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by reddingtonblack: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2021
golor:

Hmmmmm see below

Bro naa fake, if you want to get geniune product now you have to visit accredited showrooms, moreover elepaq as being rebranded to senwei, all those elepaq you now see are majorly counterfeit. the choice remains yours just giving you my 2cents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by odinson1(m): 9:10am On Oct 15, 2021
Don't go for solar in a Rented apartment!

Get an inverter instead

Ausmos:

Please what's the difference?

Inverters are mobile,so they can be easily transported anywhere,but it will take time for you to uninstall your solar panel and Install it back in the new house you are moving to.

That's the difference in mobility and portability
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by oluseg2: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2021
Pierocash:
Solar isn't reliable . Solar is just a backup power,it can't serve you consistently

Exactly. And you won't be able to power some appliances expecially those with heating elements.
Moreover, you might need to replace the battery after 1 year based on experience.

2 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by oluseg2: 9:18am On Oct 15, 2021
zexy2030:
As an expert in this field, a very good solar system with 120k won't serve you well and long. Though very economical and environmental friendly but the longevity has been the challenge.

The loads in your apartment will determine what amount of power you would need independently to generate.

If you want 2fans, 2tvs and all your lights working

Inverter very good 3-5kva will cost about 70k

Battery :very good one is going for 160k( it will last 5yrs before you change it). If your appliances are many you may need two(2), if not 1 battery is OK, with 3kva inverter.

The panel, it depends on the wattage: 300w cost 30-40 k you will need 2.

Charge controller- 18k

Battery charger- 15k

Battery rack - 8k
Sum all and you will know how long you can use it.

This will save cost of buying fuel for a long period like say 5yrs, its worth the investment

Except you don't mind to save

The batteries don't usually last more than 1 year to be sincere

2 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Ausmos: 9:30am On Oct 15, 2021
odinson1:
Don't go for solar in a Rented apartment!

Get an inverter instead
Please what's the difference?
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by Cokahot: 9:49am On Oct 15, 2021
I bought sumec gen keystart 8months ago for 150k,now that same gen is 200k,by next year e go shift enter 220,250,270,300k,by 2023 e go shift enter 350k,400k. Buy portable diesel gen 450k
Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by SUPERPACK: 11:37am On Oct 15, 2021
oluseg2:

The batteries don't usually last more than 1 year to be sincere
It does. Get a nice solar battery, not one but 2 or 3 and try not to discharge them totally, discharge level should not exceed 30%. Alternatively a lithium battery will do the trick. The main problem here is getting a good charger that wont overcharge or overheat the battery.

2 Likes

Re: Between Generator Set And Solar Which Is Better by talk2hb1(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2021
Good Post and response so far

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why You Should Not Practice Polygamy Or Born Plenty Kids / A Lady With No Breasts / Dedicated To All The Lovely Babes In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.