Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,152 members, 7,913,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 11:22 PM

A Night To Remember - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Night To Remember (854 Views)

Can You Remember This Car? / Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? / 5 Negotiation Tips To Remember While Buying Used Cars In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Night To Remember by Lenny22: 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hello guys, I'm here for advice, constructive criticism is welcome.
The following points should be noted
1) I have been driving for a year and half
2) I have a good eye sight
3) I didn't have a reason to drive so late in the night until yesterday.
4) My car's headlight is okay

Here is my plight ;
I lost track of time at a party yesterday, I was driving fine until I got on the high way. I could not position myself on my lane, I occasionally swerved and almost collided with oncoming vehicles. The headlights of the oncoming cars confused me , also I lost my sense of judgement . Although I managed to arrive home safely without getting involved in a crash , I was so scared yesterday.
For those who drive regularly at night, how do you cope with the different headlights on the highway? How do you see perfectly? Kindly help a guyman
Re: A Night To Remember by OfficialDJ: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
We don't....

2 Likes

Re: A Night To Remember by Kingdemu: 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
Young man, you were drunk!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Night To Remember by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2021
You went to a party and almost had an accident on your way home, now your asking us how we drive at night?

3 Likes

Re: A Night To Remember by Elsueno: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Op was probably high grin

But if it was ur first time driving at night u can get those night driving glasses, it prevents those with full headlights & LEDs from distracting u till u get better

2 Likes

Re: A Night To Remember by MARKone(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2021
Lenny22:

Here is my plight ;
I lost track of time at a party yesterday, I was driving fine until I got on the high way. I could not position myself on my lane, I occasionally swerved and almost collided with oncoming vehicles. The headlights of the oncoming cars confused me , also I lost my sense of judgement . Although I managed to arrive home safely without getting involved in a crash , I was so scared yesterday.
For those who drive regularly at night, how do you cope with the different headlights on the highway? How do you see perfectly? Kindly help a guyman

It's not just you, most times na experience person dey use drive for night, and with these crazy full lights people install this days it can get difficult for some to drive at night. Things you can do, Avoid driving at night, if you have to, drive slowly, focus and follow the tail light of car Infront it helps. You can also get UV glasses that helps one drive at night.

3 Likes

Re: A Night To Remember by nurey(m): 11:27am On Oct 16, 2021
MARKone:

It's not just you, most times na experience person dey use drive for night, and with these crazy full lights people install this days it can get difficult for some to drive at night. Things you can do, Avoid driving at night, if you have to, drive slowly, focus and follow the tail light of car Infront it helps. You can also get UV glasses that helps one drive at night.

If you dont switch on full light on naija highway, how do you expect to see deep potholes in time to avade?
Re: A Night To Remember by nurey(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Lenny22:

Here is my plight ;

For night driving in nigeria I

1. Make it a habit of following a vehicle I can keep up with, I utilize the tail light to know when to brake and when to evade.

2. When alone I always keep to extreme right and bend when the high beam is too much it enables me reposition my self for unknown circumstances.

3. For an highway I dont frequent regularly I dont exceed 50km/h, it enables me to maintain control even when I enter big bumps or potholes then gives me time to survey checkpoints ahead if nah police dey abi nah UGM, bandits, kidnappers, Robbers etc so i can quicky dodge or run enter bush and hide grin

5 Likes

Re: A Night To Remember by captainking(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2021
Lenny22:

Here is my plight ;
If you can't drive well at night..
Buy that night driving Glass...it will help out a lot
Re: A Night To Remember by Angrygoat: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2021
Dump that factory headlight or bulb and get super bright bulb ,order from amazon at 20$. Super bright white LED
Re: A Night To Remember by kingreign(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
Chai. See postulations ontop how to drive at night!

If your vision isn't sharp and can't accommodate sudden flashes of bright light and sudden darkness, avoid night driving.

If you headlights aim is poor, go fix it or avoid driving at night.

If your headlights aren't bright pls, fix it or stop driving at night.

It's not a must to turn on your highbeams or install the wrong type of light bulbs before you drive at night.

I drive with my low beams and my fog lights when I'm in the city or in a populated zone. I only use highbeams when I'm driving on a lonely unfamiliar road at night especially when it's raining. I flash when a car with high beams on is aproaching, if the driver don't want to dip his beam, I give him a taste of his medicine by turning my highbeams which are super bright by the way.

2 Likes

Re: A Night To Remember by bonnyhope: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Angrygoat:
Dump that factory headlight or bulb and get super bright bulb ,order from amazon at 20$. Super bright white LED

Something that does not travel far
Re: A Night To Remember by Promxy94(m): 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2021
How much is those night glasses and how can one get them.
Re: A Night To Remember by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:34am On Oct 18, 2021
Me i no dey drive for night only when it necessary or an emergency.
Re: A Night To Remember by melviniyke2002(m): 5:59am On Oct 18, 2021
Avoid night driving, I hardly drive @ night except when necessary......dos heavy duty truck lights are smtin else........
Re: A Night To Remember by idu1(m): 7:00am On Oct 18, 2021
Promxy94:
How much is those night glasses and how can one get them.
check fuvking jumia.com

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Am Not Begging Money Just Open The Topic / I Need An Experienced Audi Mechanic In Ijesha / Honda Mechanic In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.