Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,605 members, 7,944,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

Snail Farming; Another Gold Mine. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farming; Another Gold Mine. (409 Views)

Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Snail Farming Na Gold In 9ja, Revealed Live How To Start Snail Farming With Zero / The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Snail Farming; Another Gold Mine. by Kamkamdd: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good evening fellow nairalanders. I want to draw the attention of many to the hidden economic opportunities in snail farming. Snail farming is the practice of rearing snails in captivity, processing & selling of snails. It is another aspect of animal husbandry like poultry, piggery, goat farming ect. There are many money making opportunities in this aspect of agriculture but many are ignorant of this. This aspect of agriculture has the capacity of turning the farmer to a millionaire within a period of 8 months - 1yr under good mgt practices.
Snail farming compared with other animal husbandry is less stressful .It does not require your attention all the time.Your attention is only needed mainly in the evening when you put food and water for the animals.
It is odourless : What this implies is that you can start snail farming inside your bedroom, flat or compound without becoming a nuisance to neighbours. Unlike other animal husbandry, snails does not pollute the environment.
-It is less capital intensive.You can start snail rearing with as little as 6k depending on the level you want to start.
- High yielding capacity : Snails reproduce faster than other animals .Snails are hermaphrodites (each of them has both the male and female reproductive organs together) . Some snails under good mgt practices can lay between 100 - 400 eggs within a year. What this implies is that within a short period of time, your snails can turn to hundreds and thousands depending on the number you started with.
MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITIES IN SNAIL FARMING :
1. You make money through consultancy services ie organising trainings, seminars and setting up farms for new and intending snail farmers.
2.You make money selling snails within and outside Nigeria ( exportation ). You can buy snails from farms or through your own farm and supply to snail sellers in wholesales. Check your area for snail sellers and price it.You will be surprised at the cost . It is not a poor man's meat. If you can export snails,you're on your way to making huge money.
3.By processing snails into edible meat like suya etc and supplying to eateries, joints and supermarkets.You can even sell online to customers who wants to buy.
4.If you want fast money, you can sell snail eggs and baby snails to intending farmers who wants to start at that level. Snail egg is sold #30 each and baby snails sells at #70per one.If you have about three thousand baby snails in your farm, and sell each #70, calculate how much you'll make.
5. Another money spinner is snail slime extraction : This is new to many.Snail slime is needed by cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies within and outside Nigeria.
6. Through snail feed production : Just like poultry feed production, snail feed production is very lucrative. The least you can buy snails feed is 10k for 25kg bag, and the 50kg bag is 20k.So if engage into feed production, you will never lack customers.
7. Snail Shell : Yes! I mean the shell of a snail is another source of income. How? Snail shell is rich in calcium.This will be all for now.
Join our Facebook group; cherish snail farm group and learn more about snail farming.
Cherish snail farm is into consultancy services, selling and supplying of live snails, processing of snail meat, slime extraction, setting up of farms etc. For enquiries contact us on + 234 ( 0 ) 080 64079588.
Help us share to your contacts and groups, you may be helping someone.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Funding For Agriculture / To The People Living At Lagos State / Journey Of A Poultry Farmer Who Raised 500 Pullets From OCTOBER TILL MAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.