Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,551 members, 7,975,163 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:20 PM

Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! (9065 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Fatima Atiku Forfeits Salary As Adamawa Commissioner Of Health / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by kasiem(m): 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2011
Hurray! its a sign of emancipation. Rochas while swearing in some of his key staff that will help him in moving imo forward, pledged to forfeit his monthly salary to enable him fund the promised free education without hitches. He also warned the staff to work sedulously to help in the rescue mission. I listened to the swearing on orient fm. Lets rejoice!
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Mynd44: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2011
And so?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by lakeside4love(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
How many govt office holders can forfiet their salaries just so that the masses could enjoy d dividends of democracy?
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by kpogede77: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
I know Rochas will do more than that. How I wish he is the governor of my state. ooooooooh!
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by violent(m): 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2011
haha, what a conman. . .letting go of his paltry monthly salary, how about his megajumbo allowances?. . .i bet the dude made no mention of that!

The people would think. . . our governor is sacrificing all for us. . .the dude is back at home laughing at their folly!

When will Nigerians become wise?
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by kasiem(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
@violent,
ingrates like u will wallowing in abject need with no person forth coming with help. Since, u aint satisfied with this one, i'm cocksure that u'll not be satisfied with him forfeiting his allowances. Bad belle
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by jaybee3(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2011
kasiem:

@violent,
ingrates like u will wallowing in abject need with no person forth coming with help. Since, u aint satisfied with this one, i'm cocksure that u'll not be satisfied with him forfeiting his allowances. Bad belle
R u his PR man? Why the attack?
How much is his salary anywayz cos <N4M (approximate without allowance) will not alleviate poverty or whatnot in IMO state.
Nice gesture, Yes but surely even you should know it's a PR stunt
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by lucabrasi(m): 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2011
the point is not the mount of the salary,its a symbolic gesture showing his commitment to making the free education work in imo state.he might decided not to forfeit his salary and still get the desired pr and adulations from his people but he chose to do it and he should be applauded for it.in spite of the fact that these politicians are corrupt and what not we should learn to dispense with the cynicism sometimes and applaud positive actions that they undertake, child care professionals call it positive reinforcement if you praise them for the positives,that will propel them onwards to do more
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by jmaine: 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
In as much as i love and admire Rochas for his awesome philanthropic disposition to human capital development . . . This is just a PR stunts for sure . . . a year salary won't pinch the already made multi millionaire or even a billionaire undecided undecided of  Rochas Okorocha calibre . . . I still believe in him to do something tangible for the state provided he doesn't allow sycophants to blindfold him completely
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by violent(m): 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
Funny people on NL!!

Your governor is entititled to hundreds of million in security votes (which he can decide not to account for). . . millions in allowances. . .and a basic salary of around 800,000.

The dude comes to the public to say he's giving up his salary, and folks go n'ude in the public ready to suck his c'ock!

sometimes, you wonder why stupidity abounds in Nigeria, some are just sort of naturally gifted at it
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by kasiem(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2011
@violent,
u are that kind of beggar that someone will give #20 and u'll reject it with greed and foul mouth. Let's come down, in what way have u ever sacrificed for people to enjoy? I can swear that u such snobbish hubris that treats poor ones with high level of scorn, cos a benevolent fellow always lives with the virtue of appreciation. Whether u are drinking poison or not, rochas is a great man!
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
violent:

Funny people on NL!!

Your governor is entititled to hundreds of million in security votes (which he can decide not to account for). . . millions in allowances. . .and a basic salary of around 800,000.

The dude comes to the public to say he's giving up his salary, and folks go n'ude in the public ready to suck his c'ock!

sometimes, you wonder why stupidity abounds in Nigeria, some are just sort of naturally gifted at it
Dont mind them jare.Gbenga daniel stole #50 billion while shekarau stole #110 billion.what percentage is their salaries for 8 years on the amount they stole ?
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by violent(m): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
kasiem:

@violent,
u are that kind of beggar that someone will give #20 and u'll reject it with greed and foul mouth. Let's come down, in what way have u ever sacrificed for people to enjoy? I can swear that u such snobbish hubris that treats poor ones with high level of scorn, cos a benevolent fellow always lives with the virtue of appreciation. Whether u are drinking poison or not, rochas is a great man!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!. . .told ya foools funny people abound on NL!!

a quick question please, why do you suppose i should "sacrifice" for people to "enjoy" ?

You don't even know me and you are sure I'm snubbish and treat people with high level of scorn. . . .have you been smoking weed on the first day of the month?

Rochas is a great man because he announces that he'd be forfeiting his basic salary. . .if that's how you define greatness, then you are a bigger foool funny man than i thought.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by violent(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Dont mind them jare.Gbenga daniel stole #50 billion while shekarau stole #110 billion.what percentage is their salaries for 8 years on the amount they stole ?

I was in the same class with Rotimi Daniel back in the uni, the dude's bank balance is heavier than his father's basic salary!
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by lucabrasi(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
violent:

Funny people on NL!!

guess you ll rather we condemned every single one of them including rochas who hasnt even been given a chance to prove himself yet?
besides he can draw his salary AND still run his free education and get the accolades for it
we are not funny we are just showing appreciation in order for the man to do more for his people rather than blanket condemnation
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
This was exactly how Obi fooled all of us when he first came into power . . . I'm not celebrating yet!

4 years from now I will judge this man.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by violent(m): 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2011
lucabrasi:

guess you ll rather we condemned every single one of them including rochas who hasnt even been given a chance to prove himself yet?
besides he can draw his salary AND still run his free education and get the accolades for it
we are not funny we are just showing appreciation in order for the man to do more for his people rather than blanket condemnation

1)  If he can draw his salary and still run a free education scheme, why is he giving up his salary?. . . To become a people's governor?  To mask a bigger loot he's about stealing?

2)  What effect, if any, would the forfeiture of his salary have on the overall well being of an Imo State citizen?

3) Is the state too poor to fund capital projects?

4)  What are his plans for sustainable infrastructural growth?  how does he intend to finance those?

I maintain that you guys are just being extremely foolish funny
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

This was exactly how Obi fooled all of us when he first came into power . . . I'm not celebrating yet!

4 years from now I will judge this man.

Every freaking time this Obi man's name comes up, I cannot help but laugh ooo!!! VIPit Toilet achievements . . . . ROFLMAO! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Gbawe: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2011
violent:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!. . .told ya foools funny people abound on NL!!

a quick question please, why do you suppose i should "sacrifice" for people to "enjoy" ?

You don't even know me and you are sure I'm snubbish and treat people with high level of scorn. . . .have you been smoking weed on the first day of the month?

Rochas is a great man because he announces that he'd be forfeiting his basic salary. . .if that's how you define greatness, then you are a bigger foool funny man than i thought.

Why do some of you talk like this ? There is no hard and fast rules to effective governance in Nigeria for now. The one thing we Nigerians can bank on , everyday, is that corruption and extreme greed will rise with the Sun in the morning. To that end we should accept what we really are, as a Nation, in comparison to advanced nations so that we can praise and encourage men like Okorocha . His gesture may seem populist to you but Nigerians who understand where we need to go will intuitively realise that philantrophic and people-oriented leaders like Rochas, Fola Adeola et al are the way forward . They must be encouraged to get involved to reduce the influx of jobbers into Nigerian politics i.e those who wish to become stupendously rich via Government positions. Please tone down down your harsh and blanket criticism of folks like Rochas Okorocha. They may seem idealistic and insincere to you but this could be because you are cynical beyond redemption  to the point you think selfless leaders do not exist in Nigeria.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by ASL33: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2011
One of my India friends told me that their Prime Minister only collect 5 ruppee from his monthly salary. The man is doing wonders in India right now. Rochas please do wonders for us and dont mind these mindless nlanders.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by davd: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2011
It's a big sacrifice. Wish him the best in his administration.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by lucabrasi(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2011
violent:

1) If he can draw his salary and still run a free education scheme, why is he giving up his salary?. . . To become a people's governor? To mask a bigger loot he's about stealing?

2) What effect, if any, would the forfeiture of his salary have on the overall well being of an Imo State citizen?

3) Is the state too poor to fund capital projects?

4) What are his plans for sustainable infrastructural growth? how does he intend to finance those?

I maintain that you guys are just being extremely foolish funny
by your handle i presume you live in the united kingdom when the likes of cameron and mps including counsellors pledged a pay cut in different boroughs what major impact is the cut in salary making to tens and hundreds of millions in pounds?
not much but its the symbolic show of empathy.
the point is that he can loot the state with or without giving up his salary,and he certainly doesnt need the people's support to do that as nigeria is presently.
2.like i have said,it would have a symbolic effect and also show empathy not only this it would encourage his friends ,contractors,commissioners e.t.c to toes similar line and more importantly to be as committed as he is i am not disputing that many of them might do it out of a sense of servitude,but still it can only be a good thing and not bad.
3.no they are not supposedly but anyone needs the support of the populace,is fashola to corruptly enriching himself?but the people love him because of all he is doing hnce they co operate with him in paying taxes
4. well he has a manifesto which i believe the people of imo state believed in,hence the reason he was voted in . the fact that he is forfeiting his salary in concert with the free education and the man's antecedents in social responsibility is enough to earn him applause especially considering you have not even given him a chance before concluding that his mission is to rob the state blind remember the same tinubu gave us fashola,fayemi,aregbesola
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
violent:

haha, what a conman. . .letting go of his paltry monthly salary, how about his megajumbo allowances?. . .i bet the dude made no mention of that!

The people would think. . . our governor is sacrificing all for us. . .the dude is back at home laughing at their folly!

When will Nigerians become wise?

Lol. I can't help but agree. Although the man na billionaire even before becoming governor. Nonetheless money no dey belleful person.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by efisher(m): 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
lucabrasi:

by your handle i presume you live in the united kingdom when the likes of cameron and mps including counsellors pledged a pay cut in different boroughs what major impact is the cut in salary making to tens and hundreds of millions in pounds?
not much but its the symbolic show of empathy.
the point is that he can loot the state with or without giving up his salary,and he certainly doesnt need the people's support to do that as nigeria is presently.
2.like i have said,it would have a symbolic effect and also show empathy not only this it would encourage his friends ,contractors,commissioners e.t.c to toes similar line and more importantly to be as committed as he is i am not disputing that many of them might do it out of a sense of servitude,but still it can only be a good thing and not bad.
3.no they are not supposedly but anyone needs the support of the populace,is fashola to corruptly enriching himself?but the people love him because of all he is doing hnce they co operate with him in paying taxes
4. well he has a manifesto which i believe the people of imo state believed in,hence the reason he was voted in . the fact that he is forfeiting his salary in concert with the free education and the man's antecedents in social responsibility is enough to earn him applause especially considering you have not even given him a chance before concluding that his mission is to rob the state blind remember the same tinubu gave us fashola,fayemi,aregbesola

Well said.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by scopusng(m): 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2011
Story. Abeg, make i go watch Nigeria-Argetina match jare.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by HighChief4(m): 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2011
I respect this man a lot. People should stop replying ingrates who cannot even part with a cent from their salary, what this man has done is a good gesture and commendable
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by MMM2(m): 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
dat man must be a good governor.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Enosa1(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
At least the man just succeeded in letting the world know that there are still selfless govt in nigeria. That a plus.
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by jason123: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
Lol. . . . Guys, his money is insignificant, all he needs to be is, "efficient" with the state's money.
All these PR stunt by all these governors ( Amosun* and Rochas) is nothing but AMUSING!!! cheesy
Re: Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
haterz will always hate even when playerz like ROCHAS continue to play, make i go drink beer!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Are Yoruba Please See This Before Rejoicing / Electricity Generation Drops 16% To 3,501MW / See The Outfit Of Saudi Arabian Princess That Got The World Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.