Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:32 AM

Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? (14798 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by rolchi(m): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2011
Dear evilspirit, there is something you are not telling yourself. Marriage is not something you do based on your present capability or selfworth but on your capacity to develop and grow. When choosing a partner, it must be one that can support and encourage, not one that expects. Expectations are like time, it is limitless but unlike time can be unrealisable and unreasonable.

If you can not manage 120k per monthe with a woman, I doubt if you will be able to manage 1m per month. Your friends earn more than twice your salary, yet it is not enough to get them married. It is because they set their espectations too high and I doubt if they even have any savings.

Life is about sacrifice and discipline, particularly in how we handle our finances. If you are not disciplined enough in your finances, even with 500k per month you will not be able to cope.

If you want to grow quickly, start a home now on your current income and plan your life and your future with your wife. Your wife may be used to life of affluence because her family can afford it. If she insist on that as a minimum for marriage, then you are in a wrong set up except her family or yours will continue to subsidise your marriage until you find your financial bearing.

Remember, her income has nothing to do with your capability, if you rely on her income be ready to concede a lot of things to her otherwise there will be crises. Her income is to support you not to provide for you and that support must not be an obligation on her.

If you believe you can grow financially, go ahead with your marriage plan but first sit down with your woman and discuss truthfully.

I wish you all the best. Remember, very very few rich men marry rich.

Good Word, well spoken. Thanks
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by obidia(f): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2011
I think your fiance who is used to a life of affluence should try and get a job to support the family otherwise she should wait until you are earning more cos i dont see why you have to tarry if you so desire to marry.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Blazing99: 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2011
I kno a friend who is in your same situation, earns 45k and still runs his family. He just had a child this year and he is still running it. He saves like a maniac
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by mrofficial(m): 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2011
GNBohr:

Dear evilspirit, there is something you are not telling yourself. Marriage is not something you do based on your present capability or selfworth but on your capacity to develop and grow. When choosing a partner, it must be one that can support and encourage, not one that expects. Expectations are like time, it is limitless but unlike time can be unrealisable and unreasonable.

If you can not manage 120k per monthe with a woman, I doubt if you will be able to manage 1m per month. Your friends earn more than twice your salary, yet it is not enough to get them married. It is because they set their espectations too high and I doubt if they even have any savings.

Life is about sacrifice and discipline, particularly in how we handle our finances. If you are not disciplined enough in your finances, even with 500k per month you will not be able to cope.

If you want to grow quickly, start a home now on your current income and plan your life and your future with your wife. Your wife may be used to life of affluence because her family can afford it. If she insist on that as a minimum for marriage, then you are in a wrong set up except her family or yours will continue to subsidise your marriage until you find your financial bearing.

Remember, her income has nothing to do with your capability, if you rely on her income be ready to concede a lot of things to her otherwise there will be crises. Her income is to support you not to provide for you and that support must not be an obligation on her.

If you believe you can grow financially, go ahead with your marriage plan but first sit down with your woman and discuss truthfully.

I wish you all the best. Remember, very very few rich men marry rich.

Make una see as this guy dear 'evilspirit'  cheesy You be winch?  grin grin grin

\--\

@evilspirit, 120k? U no go dey jolly around be that ooo.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2011
mr.official:

Make una see as this guy dear 'evilspirit'  cheesy You be winch?  grin grin grin

\--\

@evilspirit, 120k? U no go dey jolly around be that ooo.
LOL!!!!
WHAT IS SO DEAR ABOUT AN EVILSPIRIT grin
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by 702: 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
@OP: its simple! if u really wanna get married asap u've gt no choice that to manage the funds like that , lifestyle MUST change, u gotta focus on smaller things! but if u don't have any intention to marry soon and ur nt pressured 2 get married, then u should wait until u start earning what u think its comfortable 4 u.  cool
, wait till hell freezes!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Mcfemad(m): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2011
I earn less than that, am doing very fine with my wife and kids coupled with other family and social financial obligations. get your wife a good job or start a small business for her. 120 is more than enough for you. if you think it isn't, go get another job with 500million per week
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by scopusng(m): 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2011
Fool, 5 minutes ago  she was not working and now she has been recalled to start working again with 3.5M annual salary. please get your head examined. Again,you are big fool. Mor.on
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by otokx(m): 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2011
So you people are not afraid to talk to evil spirit?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by SuperT(m): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2011
Even you getting More higher than that and you will still complain of Money.

Is you that will try to control yourself. Thant money is enough even you will need

to save for future because if you don't save you not safe.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2011
No. . .work harder so you can have a good life for you and your family.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by vislabraye(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2011
The money would have been Ok if not for house issues. Most of the time the amount we spend on house rent is so alarming.
It can be enough for both of you before the children start coming.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by randyorton: 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
Super T:

Even you getting More higher than that and you will still complain of Money.

Is you that will try to control yourself. Thant money is enough even you will need

to save for future because if you don't save you not safe.

YOUR OYIBO NA WA.KAI grin grin grin
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by toluxa1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2011
What kinda name is "evilspirit" by the way
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by sayso: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2011
toluxa1:

What kinda name is "evilspirit" by the way
that is why nobody should answer that evil
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by drgica74: 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2011
I see this question as silly.
You just wanted to tell us your salary. Ok, If we say "NO". you will not marry. You can run a family with that amount or less, all depends on your life style.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Gsmxpert(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2011
simple just change this your username, money will start pumping in
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by mike4livechosen: 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
i think so, yes u can
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Joy2Dwise: 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
Aside yearly housing and medical allowance. I married 3 years back when I was earning a total monthly package of  67k. Was living in 3 bedroom flat then but have to move a a 2 Bdrm apartment after marriage, though my yearly housing allowance is two times what I spend in rent for a year. Had no car then because I lost the one I had to a ghastly accident. My wife is not a spendthrift so we manged not to live above our income.

My earning has recently doubled as a result of yearly increments and promotion an we now have 2 cars and two plots of land in eti osa which we plan to develop in a couple of months. My wife is yet to get a job and that makes me a sole bread winner in a family of 4. I know a couple of guys who earn 3 times that amount but still run to me before month end for loan. The bottomline is that we are not spendthrifts, but that doesnt mean we are misers because we stil travel out of the courntry once in 2 yrs for vacation. If I can get married with 67k monthly earning, I dont know why you cant with almost 2 times that amount. Good luck.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by teskyg: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2011
I earned over 700k a Month but cant marry now.Things still need to Improve.@ poster,You have to be patience if you don"t want to get high blood pressure and stroke at your early age.

Women these days all have big eyes no matter how much pretense they put up.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by mbulela: 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

No. . .work harder so you can have a good life for you and your family.
where did you get the idea that working harder brings in more money?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Bluedeep(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
The truth
1) Marriage is for real. Never marry to please anyone.
2) Let your would be wife know how much you earn ( i know alot of guys will object to this)
3) If you now intend to get married because suddenly she has started earning pay, be ready to play second fiddle in that union
4) You appear to want to marry her for her background maybe parents have money. When the chips are down you guys are on your own.
5) Get real, cut off friends who spend extravagantly
6) Its not how much but how well. No salary is ever enough. Try to be prudent in spending
7) There is nothing good about a spirit that is evil.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
vaLasce:

now now your fiance aint working,
suddenly she'd start earnin270k.
y all d salary flash on NL?
u dey show urself?
evilspirit?

thanks
she did the interview abt 4 months ago.it was like a miracle when she called me this morning that the company said she will be resuming on Monday.it was as if my posting this on nairaland did the magic.i didnt make it up.
i rily dont need her money to run my family she is very sweet and understanding
this will enable her take care of her own needs.

i save alot i have the basic thing in my house
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2011
E
V
I
L
S
P
I
R
I
T

can form any word livespirit spiritlive, sprirltive
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by dave2(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
I got married wen i was earning a little above 100k and we lived very comfortably
120k for a start is not bad, although depends on the city u live, your taste and especially that of your wife too.

Is your wife-to-be wasteful or prudent?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by OWOLAYEMO: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2011
That should be OK

N40k for House Allowance
N40k for your personal monthly allowance,afterall na u dey work the money sad
N20k for  your wife as personal allowance(encourage her to get a job very soon)
N10k for her phone & BIS
N10k as additional home allowance .This nornally come towards the  end of the month for some strange reason

Over 80% of married men/women dont earn more than N120k. I hope before the end of the year,she would have pick-up a job to support the family.

However, this projection require serious sacrifice and understanding from your partner. One thing is sure, the God that created the home will definitely  provide for you. Have faith and it shall be well with you.

See you married!
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by evilspirit: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2011
dave2:

I got married wen i was earning a little above 100k and we lived very comfortably
120k for a start is not bad, although depends on the city u live, your taste and especially that of your wife too.

Is your wife-to-be wasteful or prudent?
was the salary regular?
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by SpaceAngel: 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2011
if you marry early, you will train your kids on time. 120k is not bad to start a family. If you feel not too secured, don't have kids immediately else go ahead. . If you are matured, and very prudent in spending THAT INCLUDES YOUR WIFE, you should be ok
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by Bawss1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2011
OWOLAYEMO:

That should be OK

N40k for House Allowance
N40k for your personal monthly allowance,afterall na u dey work the money sad
N20k for  your wife as personal allowance(encourage her to get a job very soon)
N10k for her phone & BIS
N10k as additional home allowance .This nornally come towards the  end of the month for some strange reason

Over 80% of married men/women dont earn more than N120k. I hope before the end of the year,she would have pick-up a job to support the family.

However, this projection require serious sacrifice and understanding from your partner. One thing is sure, the God that created the home will definitely  provide for you. Have faith and it shall be well with you.

See you married!

Na wa o. So the OP should blow his full salary on expenses eh?  shocked No savings at all. Thats a very dangerous way to live I tell you.
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by DaDoctor: 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2011
NA WA O!!!!
TOT EVIL SPIRITS KNOW BETTER THAN MARE MEN

Evil spirit, that you money dey okay o!
But you no go look out at all o!
You go just shut up when big boys dey pop champagne for club
and if a lady request 50k From you as tip to do,

JUST RUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lolllll
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by r231(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^^^^^ ;d :d :d ;d
Re: Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? by luluosas(m): 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2011
Poster, please, ask Seun how to change your username. The evilspirit you already bearing will always make you to be afraid whenever the issue of marriage comes up.

Now, to answer your quest, this is my candid advice for you.
Marriage is based on LOVE and not money. I will explain. Have you ever come across multi millionaires that has marital problems? Do you always asked, why are these people in shambles concerning their marriage? This is the first thing you must know before veering to marriage. My dear, money does not make marriage rather, it is love that make marriage to work. Any body that marries for money sake will vacate the marriage, when money is no longer there.
Again, marriage is for the matured mind not babies. Have you ever noticed that, in spite of the fat that some people are over 45 years of age but, still behaves and conduct his or herself in childish manner speaks of immaturity. You must be mentally OK before you think of marrying. This is the more reason you see a lot of people ENDURING their marriages instead of ENJOYING it. Hope, you understand me.
Contentment is another successful marriage keys. Stop looking at what other people are earning, stop comparing yourself to others and stop imitating others in considering the outcome of a successful marriage.
Your 120k per month is far more than required for a successful marital life, where the wife is not working. Look, if you are a self disciplined person and a reasonable spender, you will be able to manage the resources as meager as you are looking it.

Presently, my annual salary after tax is N752,555.60. I have two children and though, my wife is working but, her salary is nothing to write home about. In fact, she earns less than 20k a month. We are still able to live a normal life, at least, my boy is in nursery 2 while her sister is just 7 months old. We still maintain 3 hours generator light everyday. We don't have a car yet but, we are still able to pay for transportation to our places of work, pay house/electricity bills, my child's school fees and still able to feed.

Poster, you don't have any excuse. Follow your heart and stop being afraid. This is my advice for you and every other person on this CROSSED road. Stay well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria / What's The Reason Behind Your Name? / How I Destroyed My Family!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.