Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,086 members, 7,977,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:24 PM

How God Changed Changed Nani's Life - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How God Changed Changed Nani's Life (405 Views)

Nani: Why Ronaldo Is Desperate To Leave Man United / I Taught Cristiano Ronaldo Everything - Nani / When Nani Ruined One Of The Greatest Career Goals Ronaldo Scored(throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How God Changed Changed Nani's Life by Ismaila14Nuhu(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2021
logo
flag
The Inspiring Story of Former Man United Player, Nani
Akinsports | 2d

fb
tw
wa
Born in Amadora Portugal, Luis Almeida Carlos was the youngest in a family of 10. His elder sister gave him the name Nani. His father abandoned him when he was 7. He was also abandoned by his Mother who went to start a new life elsewhere when he was 12 . He then grew me up with his Aunt who already had a large family. Getting food to eat was difficult. He did lots of risky and difficult things. Nani at some point had to steal. In his own word , he said;

“To tell the truth, I made some mistakes. We stole some fruits in some stores. I think football saved me from living the same lives as many of my friends who are still there. Some of them went to jail”
Nani Started playing football on the streets. He was inspired by one of his brothers who he described as very good. However, the brother saw that Nani had more potential than him which prompted him to register Nani at Real Massama. Although he was given food and other things at the club, Nani had to work 3 miles to training everyday and even sneaked on the train at times.

After 2 years at Messina, Sporting and Benfica came knocking and at 16, Nani decided to join Sporting. 4 years later, Nani was among when of the best talents in Europe and that was when his story changed. Man United signed him in 2007 when he was just 20 for $30m.

Due to the fact that he cant speak English, it was Ronaldo who helped him when he first joined United. According to him, He stayed at Ronaldo’s house the first few months at United. They won every trophy together at the club including the Champions League. The duo also won the Euro 2016 together.

Nani story should serve as motivation for everyone who has a dream. Keep pushing, pray and work hard.

SOURCES: Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: How God Changed Changed Nani's Life by ceejay10(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2021
Wow! But I think the fame and money got into his head. Couldn't fulfill full potential.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Arsenal Greatest Player Of All Time / Match Analysis Today :atalanta Bc Vs Manchester United / 34+ Bet9ja Odds By Excel24 Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.