Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,935 members, 7,931,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:05 PM

Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity (28387 Views)

International Olympic Committee Asks All Sports To Ban Russia And Belarus / Raja Casablanca Vs Enyimba: CAF Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 23rd October 2018 / President Buhari Congratulates Asisat Oshoala On Her Caf Win{photo} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Metrix147: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2021
Former Governor of Abia state and Pillar of Sports in Africa, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has described the victory of Enyimba Football Club at the Confederation of Africa (CAF) competition as well-deserved and commendable, ABN TV reports.

The former Governor, under whose administration Enyimba FC won the CAF competition in 2003 and 2004, stressed that sports is a unifying game, adding that government at all levels must support grassroots sports development for the sake of national development.

While applauding the Enyimba team for their show of professionalism and dexterity, called for the sustenance of the performance of the football team in future competitions.

In a goodwill message to the football team, the soccer enthusiast noted that the players and officials of the team deserve commendation for their outstanding performance in the competition.

He said, "I join football lovers across Abia state and Nigeria in general to celebrate the well deserved victory of Enyimba Football Club against Diambars FC in the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) competition.

"The team had an outstanding performance in the football competition.

"I salute the Enyimba FC for the display of skills.

"In future competitions, I have no doubt in the capacity of the players and officials to sustain the feat".

Kalu conveyed his best wishes to Enyimba football team and sports stakeholders across the country.

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/10/sen-kalu-salutes-enyimbas-caf-win-urges-governments-to-invest-in-sports-to-foster-unity/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by azadus18: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2021
Onward together
Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Millimann: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2021
Undoubtedly the number 1 club in Nigeria.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by decatalyst(m): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2021
I thought they carried the cup.

I remember when Eyimba FC was super hot. I watch local league then.

Vincent Eyeama's performance in Eyimba's colours still rings a bell.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Imustreturn(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2021
Eyimba that year

6 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by ORIAYO70(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Metrix147:

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/10/sen-kalu-salutes-enyimbas-caf-win-urges-governments-to-invest-in-sports-to-foster-unity/

Unity wey die Tay Tay
Na him Dem go foster.

My observation is nairaland promote the tribalism, u rarely see where this kind of hatred exist except nairaland...

Igbo on FB r seemingly different from what we have here, just my observation though

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by mu2sa2: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Enyimba fc is kalu's lasting legacy.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Enyimba has done well to deserve a befitting Jersey not the current Okirika they put ON.
Kalu please buy them a better jersey. Most jersies Nigerian footballers put On makes me wanna vomit.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Help2020: 11:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Eyimba don win another caf champions league abi nan 2003 news be this?

16 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by paulolee(m): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2021
eyimba winning CAF back to back in d mid 2000's clearly proves dt if we invest in local sports, our clubs will perform well in African football
the northern African countries are dominating because they spend resources n time on local talents..
our league here na jus cruise n players see it as a platform to go abroad..even if na Kenyan league make offer, dm go rush am bcox ours lack coordination n welfare..

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Samiah33(m): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2021
Football is a beautiful game
Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by paulolee(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2021
decatalyst:
I thought they carried the cup.

I remember when Eyimba FC was super hot. I watch local league then.

Vincent Eyeama's performance in Eyimba's colours still rings a bell.
ur head dey dier...na den naija football dey hot....na den we dey claim super eagles of nigeria..
Nigerian football generally just declined judging from those glory days...corruption, bribes n nepotism in key sectors led our football to a sharp drop

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by paulolee(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2021
Help2020:
Eyimba don win another cap champions league abi nan 2003 news be this?
dey won a game in caf

8 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by ezechi24(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2021
one of the most useless igbo men in the history of mankind.....the most corrupt igbo man in the history of mankind .....i be igbo man but i'll rather vote in tinubu, though the later is highly stoopid and corrupt but he is no where near the former.

6 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Nyanabo(m): 11:52am On Oct 17, 2021
Werey de disguise.... Let them play sports on empty stomach abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Szilard: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2021
ORIAYO70:

Unity wey die Tay Tay
Na him Dem go foster.

My observation is nairaland promote the tribalism, u rarely see where this kind of hatred exist except nairaland...

Igbo on FB r seemingly different from what we have here, just my observation though

Nairaland is an anonymous platform bro

Nobody knows anybody

Hence, NL folks unleash their thoughts and toxicity without any refrain

You get the point now? grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by gentiles(m): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2021
Yoruba muslims will definitely not be happy with the Victory of Enyimba. Shameless and Envious creatures.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by oluwaseyi0: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
gentiles:
Yoruba muslims will definitely not be happy with the Victory of Enyimba. Shameless and Envious creatures.
gentiles:
Some day you will definitely find peace, peace from within

6 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by drizslim(m): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
Big one there! To Enyimba fc
Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nigerian politicians are useless..

All of them

Back then enyimba were hot.. Them too dey beat Al alhy and Casablanca...

I used to watch dolphins and enyimba..

Their rivalry those years en.. E just be like Madrid and Barcelona

3 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by loveth360(f): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
We are not one and can never be one.
Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by stayclearofme: 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
ORIAYO70:

Unity wey die Tay Tay
Na him Dem go foster.

Your observation is right. NL promotes tribalism no thanks to the moderators that cannot follow their own rules.
The moderators here are the most terrible people on earth, worst than Buhari! They are very myopic, bias, incompetent and of course tribalistic all they care about is the traffic on NL. I hate their attitude with a passion.

7 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by Godada(m): 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
cool
Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by loveth360(f): 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
ORIAYO70:

Unity wey die Tay Tay
Na him Dem go foster.

But yoruba here and the ones on FB are the same.

All hateful

1 Like

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by pennywys(m): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2021
wink
Am I the only one finding this "unity" word so irritating?
Kalu is drunk again

unity killlll him there

4 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by stayclearofme: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
gentiles:
This is another example of tribalistic animals that we have on NL.

4 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by chocboi78(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
Common scoreline you no fit put
Where una dy learn blogging sef

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by stayclearofme: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
loveth360:
But yoruba here and the ones on FB are the same.

All hateful
Bros go and sit down... All tribes in Nigeria are hateful which is really bad, stop pointing fingers in one direction. Tribalism is a cankerworm all over Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Kalu Salutes Enyimba's CAF Win, Urges Govts To Invest In Sports To Foster Unity by omowolewa: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
Dem try.
Something like having Football Academy will go a long way with
Football auditions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa Arrives Uyo Ahead Nigeria AFCON Qualifier's Clash / Burundi Players Training Ahead Of The Match Against Super Eagles / Juventus Reportedly Offer Higuain To Chelsea For Morata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.