Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:24 AM

Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? (29640 Views)

Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years / De Gea To Become Highest Paid Footballer In English Premier League Histroy / Kylian Mbappe Named Most Valuable Footballer In The World At £190m (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by oghini: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Mbappe is his saviour at PSG.
He knows too that's why he tried to bribe him but Mbappe wasted it on purpose because he is a Christian & hates bribery.

Messi is nothing without Mbappe.

First Messi is nothing without Iniesta, then Neymar, now Mpabbe.

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
OMNIVIRUS:

Na so dem talk say he's nothing without xavi, without Iniesta, without, Newmarket, without suarez.....
Messi is a baller.
If there is a creator, he go enjoy
If Creator no dey, he creates

Tell me a better passer of the ball, dribbler, Creator, goal scorer, assist provider etc

Every season he tops in all creative indices of the game
Goals
Assist
Chances created,
Key passes,
Dribbles etc
And you go still get mind dey talk this kain thing
Tufiakwa

Every season??

Every indices?

Lying is your greatest achievement

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by EmperorTolson: 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kingcalls:
The tap in master and penalty king grin grin grin...dribbles and assists no work again...he has adopted Ronaldos style...what an irony grin grin grin....Tapsiiiii
What's this one saying laidis?
It's obvious you didn't watch the match,
Next time, nothing will happen to you if you don't type rubbish on something you know nothing about.
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by NORSYK(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
samwayne154:
you must be high. Why doesn't Bruno take penalty ahead of Messi?

obviously you the one high on expired drugs
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by emmnprince(m): 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
He knows too that's why he tried to bribe him but Mbappe wasted it on purpose because he is a Christian & hates bribery.

But he was something without Mbappe. Right?
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Diana102: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2021
I am a gift card merchant, I need to buy a lot of gift cards, find me~+86--6873--9656--whatsapp~
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Fuckthamods: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Nah... Being dumb means saying Mbappe should NATURALLY be ahead of Messi in penalty hierarchy

If bruno can be taking penalties ahead of CR7 in man utd, i don't see a reason why mbappe shouldn't be ahead!
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kingcalls:
Look at how foolish these minions are.... mbappe won penalty and left it for messi ...no one is talking about that ...mbappe is the selfless player here... if he was selfish, Messi wud still have been barren now... against man city, he gave him a back heal assist when he had the chance to shoot...against leipzig, he won penalty and left him fir him and also stole the ball from opposition before passing it for messi to tap in when he was even positioned to score...but these evil supporters will not recognise that...thats y he wants to leave and thats y messi minions don't want him to leave...they want him to keep on feeding their fraud just like iniesta suarez and xavi did

Are you calling a player who tops dribbles, assists and chance creation stats a fraud? What will you call Ronaldo who does nothing but score? Ure a hater who knows nothing about football.
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by frankson1(m): 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:
Messi gives Mbappé a penalty when he’s on a hat trick, and fighting for the Ballon d’Or in PSG 3-2 home win against RB Leipzig tonight.

This is not the first time, Messi has passed on such opportunities to his team mates

Messi handed 30 penalties over to his
teammates, 8 of which would have allowed him to complete a hattrick:

-Neymar (11)
-Suarez (9)
-Eto'o (3)
-Griezmann (3)
-Coutinho (2)
-Ibrahimovic (1)
-Mbappe (1)

Could Messi be the most selfless player in History
?

NO!!! How can he be the most selfless player when we have player(s) who donates blood for free to help humanity undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by PatBrisley: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I am not a fan of Ronaldo or Messi but this your statement is baseless and very weird. They teammates, they are meant to work together. Let’s don’t be sentimental and biased in our judgements, just enjoy the game. Bless

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by MCKAY82(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Fool like u
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Bbqekpa: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Ode
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Myhusband(m): 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
internationalman:

Football is nothing without Messi Mbappe is nothing without football.
Do the math

this is simplification rules in logical inference
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by HBB1(m): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
CSTR2:
I don't know why Messi fans always hype everything to stratospheric levels.

Once Messi does anything, they will call him the greatest in that thing.

If Messi defends just once, they will probably call him the greatest defender ever.

He is not even in the top 20 most selfless players currently playing.

Yet has more assists than anybody else?
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by splashbaby(m): 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:
Messi gives Mbappé a penalty when he’s on a hat trick, and fighting for the Ballon d’Or in PSG 3-2 home win against RB Leipzig tonight.

This is not the first time, Messi has passed on such opportunities to his team mates

-Neymar (11)
-Suarez (9)
-Eto'o (3)
-Griezmann (3)
-Coutinho (2)
-Ibrahimovic (1)
-Mbappe (1)

Could Messi be the most selfless player in History?
So he Dey score penalty too? I think say na only the real GOAT Dey do penalty
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
Siwel25:

Are you calling a player who tops dribbles, assists and chance creation stats a fraud? What will you call Ronaldo who does nothing but score? Ure a hater who knows nothing about football.

Lies

Lies

Lies
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by caesymore(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Cunt, stupid cunt. tongue
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by coolh3ad(m): 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Yawnnnnsssss!!!!!
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Roma10: 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
God why
Ordinary anybody can win cry

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
splashbaby:
So he Dey score penalty too? I think say na only the real GOAT Dey do penalty

You dey mind those pathetic hypocritical liars

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Xfemt(m): 10:55pm On Oct 20, 2021
unbitchable:
Messi is not a penalty freak, he helps his teammates bond better on the pitch. My regard for Messi trippled the season he worked for Suarez to make him win pichichi in laliga. The old fraud would rather die than see any of his teammate win the highest goal scorer award ahead of him.
I know they will involve cr7 into the matter

Ororo matter go kill ona
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Sandy8: 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

werey
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by xpool(m): 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

-Neymar (11)
-Suarez (9)
-Eto'o (3)
-Griezmann (3)
-Coutinho (2)
-Ibrahimovic (1)
-Mbappe (1)

Could Messi be the most selfless player in History?
Since he did not break any record this UCL week and CR7 broke his own record without a penalty as the tournament's all time highest goal scorer.
Considering the importance of Rinaldo's goal today, eclipsing any news on Messi,
Mischievously, you decided to create a hype for messi.

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Mac2016(m): 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Read your comment and ask yourself if it made any sense
grin you get time grin

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by generalwo(m): 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

..... I wonder wetin u dey smoke sha.... Was mbappe there when Messi won 6 Ballon D'or? Abi mbappe was in the Argentina national team when Messi won copa America? Na WA o

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by brightalo1010: 12:24am On Oct 21, 2021
Kingcalls:
Look at how foolish these minions are.... mbappe won penalty and left it for messi ...no one is talking about that ...mbappe is the selfless player here... if he was selfish, Messi wud still have been barren now... against man city, he gave him a back heal assist when he had the chance to shoot...against leipzig, he won penalty and left him fir him and also stole the ball from opposition before passing it for messi to tap in when he was even positioned to score...but these evil supporters will not recognise that...thats y he wants to leave and thats y messi minions don't want him to leave...they want him to keep on feeding their fraud just like iniesta suarez and xavi did
listen Mr hater Messi has given more pk to fellow players and assists than your mbappe will ever do in his football carrier.

Messi has scored more solo goals than him
Messi has more individual awards than him
Messi has gone past the stage of mbappe doing him a favor, you can't do Messi and c. Ronaldo favor in the game, you can only honor and respect them because they are not your mate.

Mbappe will be happy to give pk to Messi
He will also be happy to receive pk from Messi
Mbappe will be happy to assist Messi to score
He will also be happy for Messi to assist him
Whichever way it goes world knows no player can ever make Messi better than Messi himself.

So take a chill pill Mr hater because Messi no be anyone's mate.

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Venom442: 1:37am On Oct 21, 2021
Godwin25king:
I'm a Ronaldo fan but i know he'll never do something like this, even if he already has an hattrick.

I thought all Cr7 fans are delusional. How com you decided to spill the truth.

From debates of soccer you can get a clue about people's character and how to deal with them.

Wisdom is profitable...
Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Venom442: 1:51am On Oct 21, 2021
emae009:

Do you understand what you wrote. let's staft there first.
you have a clear scoring opportunity and you give it to your team mate. Scenario 1: Team mate scores (that's an assist)
Scenario 2: team mate misses (that's a goal scoring chance)
Scenario 3: team mate passes the ball to another (that's a key pass).
In all 3 scenarios Messi surpasses Hazard so what are you really saying.

The problem here is you don't watch Messi play as a lot of people here. You guys just look at scores and imagine the play instead of watching the game

Why do you reply people like that. Save your comments for more reasonable observations.

For more than 8 seasons Messi is leading almost all stats including a particular defensive stat.

What I noticed is that their is no way you can satisfy all. Even if he decided to dash out all is personal achievements people will still have something odd to say.

"In my own opinion Yakubu Ayegbeni is more selfless than Your dwarf pessi"

Pe

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Venom442: 2:22am On Oct 21, 2021
princewarri1985:
if messi is selfless then what do you say about bruno fernadez who was on an empty goal post but he still pases the ball to another man u player to score, has messi ever done that?? And for those of you here always calling ronaldo fraud! Please check this out, Ronaldo left real madrid to juventus in the seria A which is the toughest league in the world and he still proved himself there winning the golden boot, and he later returned to the premiership because he is not scared of new challenges unlike that midget messi who left barcelonia for farmers league because he is scared of new challenges, NOW TELL ME WHO IS THE BIGGER FRAUD BETWEEN THESE 2 PLAYERS?? if tapping even easy i know say all players for dey do am, because you always need to know how to position yourself to always be at the right place and at the right time and that automatically makes ronaldo a genius and scientist need to study him. IF YOU KNOW THAT RONALDO IS THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER PLEASE LET'S DESTROY THE LIKE BUTTON!

Italian league of old could be regarded as the toughest league not this current one not even in the top3 and the vivid indication is a reflection of their performances in champions league. What is tough about Inter, Roma, Milan with only the exception of Juve.

Cr7 went to the best team in Italy, a team that has won 7 consecutive league and got to the final of the champions league 2 out of 3 years prior to the arrival of Cr7. Cr7 turned Juve from serial winners to a team that scramble for fourth position and were easily knocked down by teams that normally do not have a chance against Juve in the champions league. Same dilemma is manifesting in Man u squad. It is just only a matter of time before they know what hit them. Cr7 is all about personal glory and it was hinted by Cassano and other Milan greats ( a trend I've spotted since he was in is early stage at Manchester).

Man u was 2nd last season and with the look of things the wouldn't achieve such feat this season even with Cr7 in their ranks.

I once remembered I told some Man u fans that they won't win any major trophy ( champions league and The EPL) for an additional 10 years owing to the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Now I'm summing an additional 4 years due to the Ronaldo effect. If Man U win any of those in the next 4 years you're free to call on me.

2 Likes

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by princewarri1985: 4:15am On Oct 21, 2021
Sir Alex fergursson was once interviewed and he said that when manchester united played against a young and unknown christiano ronaldo club many years back in portugal he said he saw something in the young genious that nobody saw then after his mesmerizing display against manchester united united sir got back home and told united board that he wanted ronaldo and the rest they say is history, THE PROBLEM MANCHESTER UNITED IS HAVING RIGHT NOW IS THAT INEXPERIENCED COACH OLE AND NOT CR7. CR7 IS A GOAL MACHINE AND GOALS WIN MATCHES FOR CLUBS, UNITED SHOULD BRING IN AN EXPERIENCED COACH LIKE ZIDANE AND SEE UNITED WIN BOTH THE PREMIERSHIP AND CHAMPIONS LEAUGE, THE SAME THING ALSO HAPPENED IN CHELSEA WITH TUCHEL WINNING UCL WITH THE SAME SET OF PLAYERS LAMPARD ALMOST DESTROYED, AND THEY ARE ALSO TOPING THE EPL TABLE RIGHT NOW, SO WHAT ARE WE SAYING HERE?

1 Like

Re: Is Messi The Most Selfless Footballer In History? by Onowu1979: 4:38am On Oct 21, 2021
Kingcalls:

Calm down. It is not that serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Tests Positive For Coronavirus / I Moved To China For Nigeria’s Sake — Mikel Obi / Premier League Board Disqualifies Abramovich As Director Of Chelsea FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.