Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:59 PM

I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind (1234 Views)

“wizkid Has Done It Again” – Naomi Campbell Welcomes First Child For Wizkid / Update:Five Years After She left our world, I Keep Seeing Her In My Dreams / Having S*x With Wizkid Has Been My Dream – Uche Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 20, 2021
You see I sincerely love davido, not only for his music but for his enigmatic personality. The guy has style and he’s really very likable and relatable. Musically he’s very good too. I actually never really liked wizkid because I thought he was too self aware, he didn’t act very freely with the crowd like David does, he had too much “star boy” persona every time and that made me think he was distant and snobbish. But you see musically, deep down I knew he was more naturally gifted than David, no doubt.
To me these two are like Messi and Ronaldo, Messi naturally is too talented to the extent that it doesn’t look real when you watch that guy beat defenders, it’s like watching a fifa PlayStation game, the natural talent is unbelievable. While Ronaldo on the other hand is easily the most complete footballer I have ever watched play football. There is literally nothing Ronaldo cannot do on the pitch effortlessly. He is a ten over ten, but he worked extensively hard to reach there, it naturally didn’t come to him easy, consistent hard work made him invisible on the pitch. The two are 10/10 but one is natural (Messi) and the other (Ronaldo) is by hard work.

That’s how I see wizkid and davido. Wizkid is more of a natural singer while davido is a hard worker, he works hard to put out hits but this hits thing come naturally to wizkid without much stress. The thing now is that the world has finally seen how good wizkid is, and what amazes me now is how literally all American a-list celebrities are trying to be around wizkid..like it’s mind blowing. Go to his fan pages on Instagram and see, from basketballers like James harden to footballers to musicians like Rihanna, Justin Bieber, puff daddy, wiz khalifa....the list is endless,
like everyone wants to go to his concert in the USA! I have never seen any US a-list artiste ever attend and African musicians concert in the USA before, they don’t even know their names.
Yes davido is friends with almost all the American a-list stars but I don’t see them famzing him like they are all famzing wizkid and going to all his shows in the us! He is now like a celebrity to even American A-list celebrities. Like wtf! That boy is too big to even be called just an African artist now, even Grammy has his pictures all over their Instagram page. Na, let’s be honest this wizkid guy is way bigger than davido now and that’s a fact I must admit without bias.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by Emocruize(m): 8:49am On Oct 20, 2021
Machala no be anybody mate
Like for Davido share for Wizkid

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2021
Davido is going through a lot now free that niggar, many people Don die for him circle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by habsydiamond(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2021
Fame is of different levels.. Once u are at any level of fame... U are fulfilled... Ur problem becomes general problem... Which is not bad if u do the right thing. For Davido.. Everybody get him own time to get to the top.... Na strategy dey bring this kind of wizkid fame ooo

3 Likes

Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by mayor1814: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
Wow, wizkid is everywhere now oo. Grammys, billboard hot 100 top 10, rolling with American A-list artists etc. He's naturally gifted. The Lionel Messi of African music right now. Fela is the Pele and Maradona of African music.
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by Gadafii: 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
machala just want to make music and smoke his banku, no stress cool cool
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by Eppking(m): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2021
An American once said music business is shady and unpredictable. It is difficult to pick which song would blow and which one should not be released to the market.

That plug currently working for Big Wiz onced worked for Burnaboy (two years back to back). It also worked for Naira Marley. At a point, I thought Naira Marley would come up to march the great FELA. Who says it won't be David's turn next year? Davido I know is relentless and a warrior.

As long as you don't rest on your past glory, your efforts would surely pay off someday, especially when you are talented and all resources to succeed is at your beck and call. Davido has got great attributes would surely make a grand come back somehow.

Hit Like for Big Wiz and Share for Burnaboy; the two biggest acts from Africa in the last two years.

3 Likes

Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by fourboys: 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by motymop: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
I am not a fan of the 2 artists but i can confidently say that davido will win at the end.

With the way the music industry is structured, Wizkid will end up getting broke or in debt.

Also, Artistic freedom is what every artist want, unfortunately, wizkid does not have it, because he is in the cage of his contract and record label.

Davido is popular at home and in Africa and can do music with anyone, wizkid is popular internationally but can't do music with anyone because of his contract.

Why did i write that wizkid might end up getting broke after his contract.

Every artist signed to international label are given an advance just like a loan and that advance must be paid back through sales of albums, concert, partnership with brands, endorsements etc, that is what is called 360 deals, this type of deals can make an artist broke at the end.

Davido on the other hand, is not tie to any label except his own, all the money he makes belongs to him, that is why he can afford a house in banana island, even if he goes broke by mismanaging his money, his father is there to save him.
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by gistray: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2021
motymop:
I am not a fan of the 2 artist but i can confidently say that davido will win at the end.

With the way the music industry is structured, Wizkid will end of getting broke or in debt.

Artistic freedom is what every artist want, unfortunately, wizkid does not have it, because he is in the cage of his contract and record label.

Davido is popular at home and in Africa and can do music with anyone, wizkid is popular but can't do music with anyone because of his contract.

You lack sense this person

1 Like

Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by lyriclekidd(m): 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
gistray:

You lack sense this person

Na you lack sense ewu..
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by lyriclekidd(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
motymop:
I am not a fan of the 2 artists but i can confidently say that davido will win at the end.

With the way the music industry is structured, Wizkid will end up getting broke or in debt.

Also, Artistic freedom is what every artist want, unfortunately, wizkid does not have it, because he is in the cage of his contract and record label.

Davido is popular at home and in Africa and can do music with anyone, wizkid is popular internationally but can't do music with anyone because of his contract.

Every artist signed to international label are given an advance just like a loan and that advance must be paid back through sales of albums, concert, partnership with brands, endorsements etc, that is what is called 360 deals, this type of deals can make an artist broke at the end.

Davido on the other hand, is not tie to any label except his own, all the money he makes belongs to him, that is why he can afford a house in banana island, even if he goes broke by mismanaging his money, his father is there to save him.

On point cos right now nobody sing rubbish reach wizkid, Nigerians go finally get tired of him crap. Another thing wey dy help am na him pr. Him pr team really dy efficient. Most Nigerians no know how foreign deals dy work, alot of American artist are in debt. Although wizkid music dy do good now sha so it's hard to tell if he won't be able to fulfill his contract

1 Like

Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by GeneralPula: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
[s]
Prettydevil:
You see I sincerely love davido, not only for his music but for his enigmatic personality. The guy has style and he’s really very likable and relatable. Musically he’s very good too. I actually never really liked wizkid because I thought he was too self aware, he didn’t act very freely with the crowd like David does, he had too much “star boy” persona every time and that made me think he was distant and snobbish. But you see musically, deep down I knew he was more naturally gifted than David, no doubt.
To me these two are like Messi and Ronaldo, Messi naturally is too talented to the extent that it doesn’t look real when you watch that guy beat defenders, it’s like watching a fifa PlayStation game, the natural talent is unbelievable. While Ronaldo on the other hand is easily the most complete footballer I have ever watched play football. There is literally nothing Ronaldo cannot do on the pitch effortlessly. He is a ten over ten, but he worked extensively hard to reach there, it naturally didn’t come to him easy, consistent hard work made him invisible on the pitch. The two are 10/10 but one is natural (Messi) and the other (Ronaldo) is by hard work.

That’s how I see wizkid and davido. Wizkid is more of a natural singer while davido is a hard worker, he works hard to put out hits but this hits thing come naturally to wizkid without much stress. The thing now is that the world has finally seen how good wizkid is, and what amazes me now is how literally all American a-list celebrities are trying to be around wizkid..like it’s mind blowing. Go to his fan pages on Instagram and see, from basketballers like James harden to footballers to musicians like Rihanna, Justin Bieber, puff daddy, wiz khalifa....the list is endless,
like everyone wants to go to his concert in the USA! I have never seen any US a-list artiste ever attend and African musicians concert in the USA before, they don’t even know their names.
Yes davido is friends with almost all the American a-list stars but I don’t see them famzing him like they are all famzing wizkid and going to all his shows in the us! He is now like a celebrity to even American A-list celebrities. Like wtf! That boy is too big to even be called just an African artist now, even Grammy has his pictures all over their Instagram page. Na, let’s be honest this wizkid guy is way bigger than davido now and that’s a fact I must admit without bias.
[/s]
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by dan9ice(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
Those two they put us for the map
Love them both
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
WizKid is more like an introvert, while Davido is a King Bee. Both are different, and doing well in their career. The question is, are you doing well in your own career?

You said WizKid finds it easy to release hits. You certainly know nothing about creative work. It calls for hard work. For him to releases hits upon hits shows the dude is paying his dues...

No matter how talented you are... You still have to work hard to produce something that moves heads.
Re: I’m A Davido Fan But Wizkid Has Left Our Brother Behind by VlamesIffect(f): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
motymop:

C R A P

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

♡♪・。♡✿♡•◍✧*。 / Teenagers Go Mad After Alighting From SUV (video) / What Is The Highest Amount A Girl That Loves You Ever Given You??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.