Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,901 members, 7,883,138 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 (741 Views)

Iphone 11 Vs Iphone Xs Max: Which Offers More Value For Money? / Tecno Pouvoir 4 Becomes First Mediatek Soc Smartphone To Receive Android 11 Beta / Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Smartdepotng: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDHu4JQ6SI

Does Upgrading your Android OS mean better Performance? Well, there are some gray areas to this. Most Android Apps developers do take longer time to optimize there apps for newer Android OS upgrades and this can be confused for bad performance due to system update.

But in this Video, we eliminated that option by testing both Android 10 vs Android 11 with optimized apps, focusing on sustained performance and performance with higher temperature.
We also looked at the throttling in performance that happens when the phone gets hot and which OS version managed it better.

Let me hear form you in the comments if you are here. What do you think?
Android 11 over Android 10?
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by 11Anonymous(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
Well, it depends on if your phone brand could make the new version very stable for their devices.

App developers only have to update their maximum SDK version in their code to make their app compatible with the new Android version. Google then handles compatibility.

Last last, everything dey Google hand.

1 Like

Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Smartdepotng: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
11Anonymous:
Well, it depends on if your phone brand could make the new version very stable for their devices.

App developers only have to update their maximum SDK version in their code to make their app compatible with the new Android version. Google then handles compatibility.

Last last, everything dey Google hand.
Wow! Nice to hear some one talk about SDK and I miss my Android studio. The frustration of poor network and lack of cheap (truly) unlimited Internet access (in Nigeria) made me focus on other areas.
However, there is a part that is not in Google's hand. Android OEMs Vendor update.
The vendor partition is the hub for new Android OS update. While Google is working hard to make Android system get more utility from kernel level, OEMs still have to optimize their own (custom) Kernel, firmware, device hardware drivers, sensor tuning and each Android OS upgrade will require a refresh of all the above.
You won't blame OEMs too much, some Android hardware manufacturers like MediaTek doesn't give open source after sales development support like Qualcomm does. So, the Android OEMs will just abandon upgrading the phone.
The Pixel 6 series Tensor chip is a testament. With it, Google now gives 5 years of support since they have a say in it's designed and development.
Since Tensor was built by Samsung, expect them to also increase update support too.
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by 11Anonymous(m): 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
Smartdepotng:

Wow! Nice to hear some one talk about SDK and I miss my Android studio. The frustration of poor network and lack of cheap (truly) unlimited Internet access (in Nigeria) made me focus on other areas.
However, there is a part that is not in Google's hand. Android OEMs Vendor update.
The vendor partition is the hub for new Android OS update. While Google is working hard to make Android system get more utility from kernel level, OEMs still have to optimize their own (custom) Kernel, firmware, device hardware drivers, sensor tuning and each Android OS upgrade will require a refresh of all the above.
You won't blame OEMs too much, some Android hardware manufacturers like MediaTek doesn't give open source after sales development support like Qualcomm does. So, the Android OEMs will just abandon upgrading the phone.
The Pixel 6 series Tensor chip is a testament. With it, Google now gives 5 years of support since they have a say in it's designed and development.
Since Tensor was built by Samsung, expect them to also increase update support too.
I agree. But the Google pixel 6 gets 3 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates.

I'm not happy you stopped development, I hope it works out for me cry
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Yourfav: 7:44am On Oct 21, 2021
Upgrading your android OS equates better performance and better user experience
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Flamees(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2021
Smartdepotng:

Android studio gave me sleepless night
I had to quit because of Too much data the app takes and Nothing like cheap data plan
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Smartdepotng: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
11Anonymous:

I agree. But the Google pixel 6 gets 3 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates.

I'm not happy you stopped development, I hope it works out for me cry
You'll need to be using proper unlimited network if you are to flourish in Android development in Nigeria and if you are not living in Lagos, the chances of getting such network is slim or will be too expensive.
But it is worth it for the love of development
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Smartdepotng: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
Flamees:

Android studio gave me sleepless night
I had to quit because of Too much data the app takes and Nothing like cheap data plan
Yeah! Oyibo nọ sabi say we dey manage data.
I once had to download a repository from github over 400GB size. I just quit.
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Flamees(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
Smartdepotng:

Yeah! Oyibo nọ sabi say we dey manage data.
I once had to download a repository from github over 400GB size. I just quit.
Obara ema!!
400gb?
E no easy and cheap iswr
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by directonpc(m): 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
Flamees:

Obara ema!!
400gb?
E no easy and cheap iswr
that's obviously a lie sha. Na PS 5 game?
Re: Does Upgrading Your Android OS Mean Better Performance? Android 11 Vs Android 10 by Flamees(m): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
directonpc:
that's obviously a lie sha. Na PS 5 game?
I shock sha i no say e fit no reach

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Mobile Takes A Jab At Samsung / Poco F3 Users / How Much Will It Cost Me To Fix Samsung A20 That Dropped Inside Sea Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.