Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,861 members, 7,942,157 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

The Benefits Of Reading - Part 2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Benefits Of Reading - Part 2 (187 Views)

The Benefits Of Reading - Part 1 / Proven Ways To Make Yourself Interested In Reading (part 2) / School Of Construction Mgt And Engineering Scholarships At University Of Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Reading - Part 2 by Estherdbeloved(f): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2021
1. Reading opens you to new vocabulary.

You are exposed to more words the more you read. Your vocabulary develops when you learn new words, understand their meanings, and actively use them in your discussions and writing.

When I come across a new word in a book, I take the time to look it up and learn what it means.

I then jot it down in my notebook along with its meaning.

This has been quite beneficial to me, particularly in terms of writing.

When I need to use new vocabulary, I just look up the words in my notebook.

Every opportunity I have to use the new words that I have learned helps me remember the word. 

There is no better way to expand your vocabulary than to read books.

2. Reading helps you prepare for a restful night's sleep.

Reading before bedtime helps your brain associate reading with sleep.

This can help you fall asleep faster and prepare you for a good night's sleep.

Reading slows down your heart rate and relaxes your muscles, allowing you to have a decent night's sleep.

Before going to bed, read for at least one hour.

#getpublished
#manuscripts
#editing
#aspiringauthor
#author
#publishedauthor
#reading
#readgreatbooks
#readbooks

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Reading - Part 2 by meobizy(f): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2021
That’s all?

(1) (Reply)

Join OUR PUGB NEW STATE FOR AFRICAN OFFICIAL GROUP AND ☑️MEET BEST CLAN ☑️MEET / Free Canva: Created Mockups Without Any Graphics Experience / Federal Poly. Bauchi Sacks 2 Lecturers 4 Alleged Sexual Harassm..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.