Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,457 members, 7,897,944 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation (2834 Views)

These Are Currently My Three Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria / War Zone: Na Them Call For Us Says Army As They Take Over Warri / Femi Falana Describes The 2019 General Elections As An ‘expensive Joke’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by IhateYouMan: 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
The Nigerian Army has been described as a useless organisation filled with corrupt generals and unable to protect the country from mutating violence, The Economist reported in its latest issue.

“Nigeria’s army is mighty on paper,” the London magazine said. “But many of its soldiers are “ghosts” who exist only on the payroll, and much of its equipment is stolen and sold to insurgents.”

The Economist said Nigeria has not been able to address its insecurity because military chiefs have plundered much of the country’s combat resources and the rest had stretched thin with little capacity to forestall the crisis.

“The army is also stretched thin, having been deployed to all of Nigeria’s state,” the paper said in its upcoming October 23 issued that was published on its website today.

The paper also said Nigeria police has become demoralised due to poor training and endemic corruption.

“The police are understaffed, demoralised and poorly trained. Many supplement their low pay by robbing the public they have sworn to protect,” it said.

A spokesman for the Nigerian Army did not immediately return requests seeking comments. Nigerian military chiefs have for years faced allegations of corruption and collusion with violent criminals as a way of keeping themselves enriched.

A large cache of military weapons had ended in the hands of insurgents since 2016. In July 2019, Nigerian soldiers fled with hundreds of millions of NAIRA they were asked to transport to Abuja by an army general.

The money loot was immediately traced to Hakeem Otiki, a major-general who was subsequently dismissed from service after a military trial. Anti-corruption activists said the Nigerian Army took action because the soldiers fled with the loot and the scandal became public.

https://gazettengr.com/nigerian-army-useless-generals-now-stealing-weapons-and-selling-to-terrorists-economist/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

7 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by vanbonattel: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2021
Omo, see bashing grin

I heard that Lie Mohammend is going to ban the economist from publishing online again grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Agness7: 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2021
Wow, not a good time to be a Nigerian at all.

4 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by nzeobi(m): 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
An army that can't confront a rag tag bandit group is useless.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Joromi1: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
This people had better be careful, or else Buhari may ban all flights to London.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by vanbonattel: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
"Many policemen suppliment their salary by robbing the masses they were meant to protect"

This quote was written by IPOB cheesy

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Ddokie: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2021
Haba dis one harsh na.

Dem no even pity us at all.
Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by VaselineCrew: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
“The police are understaffed, demoralised and poorly trained. Many supplement their low pay by robbing the public they have sworn to protect,”

I’ve always advocated for increase in police pay. No officer should be earning less that 200k per month.

A good salary is always a great incentive towards working harder.

I know you might say, “what about the senators that receive jumbo pay?”, and you would be right in asking that question, but I believe it’s different for them since they get to set their own pay.

It’s much different when you get to set your own jumbo pay, without fear of getting fired, vs receiving a jumbo pay, with the condition that you must work hard and achieve certain goals and targets.

Now going back to senators, the only way they can get fired is if the people fire them, and I really don’t know what the process entails, yet alone if that could work in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by vanbonattel: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ddokie:
Haba dis one harsh na.

Dem no even pity us at all.

This one na below the belt punch I swear grin
Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by FiverrTutor(m): 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
Agness7:
Wow, not a good time to be a Nigerian at all.

H
Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by GuyWise101(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I will destroy Nigeria with the truth :Nnamdi Kanu 2014.

The zoo is now a laughing stock.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Blackfire(m): 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2021
We will not take this... how dare that failed columnists insult Nigeria....giant of Africa...we will not take that...we demand heads to roll... the country ambassador must have questions to answer...
Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by G450: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2021
Thank God d world is now seeing their Yash...Lie Mohammed getting ready to reply them⬇️

3 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by wordcat(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
“Nigeria’s army is mighty on paper,” the London magazine said. “But many of its soldiers are “ghosts” who exist only on the payroll, and much of its equipment is stolen and sold to insurgents.”

2 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by wordcat(m): 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2021
grin
wordcat:

5 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Yobabad: 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2021
Off course they are, here in Kano we don't know if Nigeria army exist

1 Like

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by optionalY09: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I will destroy Nigeria with the truth :Nnamdi Kanu 2014.

The zoo is now a laughing stock.

76-0

Mazi 76 - Buhari and the zoo 0

8 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Racoon(m): 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2021
-“Nigeria’s army is mighty on paper, But many of its soldiers are “ghosts” who exist only on the payroll, and much of its equipment is stolen & sold to insurgents.

-Many policemen suppliment their salary by robbing the masses they were meant to protect...."
What a disgrace and embarrassment for a failed nation.Nigerian army and police righta now.

7 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by siofra(f): 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
But where's the lie?

4 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by FreedomArmy: 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
They did not lie. The Nigerian army is the most useless organization on earth. They personnel cannot stand a well determined army.

1 Like

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Trimjos: 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
vanbonattel:
"Many policemen suppliment their salary by robbing the masses they were meant to protect"

This quote was written by IPOB cheesy

They don't really supplement their salary that way. Their main job is to rob the masses. Doing police work is like a side hustle for them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by jlinkd78(m): 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
Noted

1 Like

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Arda1000(m): 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
VaselineCrew:

I’ve always advocated for increase in police pay. No officer should be earning less that 200k per month.

I know you might say, “what about the senators that receive jumbo pay?”, and you would be right in asking that question, but I believe it’s different for them since they get to set their own pay.

It’s much different when you get to set your own jumbo pay, without fear of getting fired, vs receiving a jumbo pay, with the condition that you must work hard and achieve certain goals and targets.

Now going back to senators, the only way they can get fired is if the people fire them, and I really don’t know what the process entails, yet alone if that could work in Nigeria.

no make I vex for u
Shay the protest wey we dey do make eh better for the masses including them,they will come and brutalize us,since they are happy then we die here haba

2 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Trimjos: 7:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Not true. Even if u pay them a million naira per month, they will still extort and steal from the masses. It's just like an average politician that will steal 10B and will be looking for more to steal.
Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by googlepikins: 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
Nigerian Army are Boko Haram terrorist

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by amuwo1980: 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
Useless criminal organization hand in glove with jihadist
Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by ivandragon: 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2021
VaselineCrew:

It is not just about increasing their salaries. What is required is a thorough restructuring & reorientation of nigeria's security system.

The present security services are structured around the colonial mentality which was to subjugate & oppress the masses on behalf of the colonial masters.

Until the security services are made to know that civilians are to be respected & protected, pay them #1m per month, they will still be incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by pacino26(m): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2021
First it was a Canadian Judge that declared the NPF a criminal organization and banned ex members from asylum or residency now the people who formed the Nigerian Army are now saying this!

We need not laugh over this, a national pride is being dragged on the mud with no respect for those who have died honorably in service. We should rather wait till 2023 while pushing for reforms in the army.

Brutality

4 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Fashdeejay(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Where are those paid agents? Let them deny this publication with their lies grin

2 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by AntiBMC(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
They forgot to add that most of the army generals and soldiers are "repentant" Bokoharam members. Total disgrace.

The entire system needs a complete overhaul but that can never be achieved if Nigeria continues to be "one" (on paper ofcos). The sooner the secession takes place, the better.

2 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by Charmingrascal(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2021
We all know that is the truth.
The good for nothing Nigeria Army and the Nigeria Police Fraud is only good at killing innocent citizens and tagging them criminals.

They have failed in their sole responsibilities of protecting Nigerians.

In a sane country a general like Buratai who was notorious for severally diverting armaments monies would be in jail but instead the mannequin made him an ambassador inorder for him to continue his looting spree.
As for the Nigeria Police even if their wages are increased, the corruption is embedded in them, the black uniform is a hallmark of bribery.

It is a shame that the once great Nation, refered to as the "giant of Africa" is now a miniature in the league of African Nations.
Nigeria now symbolizes indecorousity in Africa.

It is so sad

2 Likes

Re: London Publication Describes The Nigerian Army As A Useless Organisation by johnmartus(m): 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
Useless uk publication.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu:before And After Photos Of Lagos  Floods The Internet As Nigerians Ponder / Wike Deserves National Award For Doing This Against Atiku (photos) / Why Ihedioha Withdrew From PDP Guber Primary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.