Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,416 members, 7,978,318 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:43 AM

Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" (25599 Views)

Alec Baldwin: Manslaughter Charges DROPPED After Fatal Movie Set Shooting / Halyna Hutchins: See Last Photo Of The Woman That Was Shot By Alec Baldwin / Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Woman With Prop Gun On Movie Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by paskal16: 8:55am On Oct 22, 2021
michlins:
someone is dead and someone will have to take responsibility
lol go and read about the death of Brandon lee they share similarities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by KingDash: 8:55am On Oct 22, 2021
paskal16:
it’s a prop gun sir meaning it’s an accident
He might not be charged
olodo
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by paskal16: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2021
KingDash:
olodo
like your father
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Reeses: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2021
ValCon888:
Feel so bad for Alec Baldwin. One of my favourite actors.
Bleep him
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Reeses: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2021
Stupid democrat I remember how much humiliating things he did during Trumps time. He should go to hell
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by lkillbrokehoes: 8:58am On Oct 22, 2021
It is well..
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2021
Timoleon:
Items used on the set of a movie production are called props. A gun used on the set of a movie production is called prop gun. The production could however employ the use of a real gun or toy gun as their prop. In this instance, a real gun was used but was not properly supervised and monitored leading up to a fatality.

Wow....now I understand. Thanks bro.

3 Likes

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by hush15: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2021
sholikay:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6814625/alec-baldwin-fatally-shoots-woman

Copied from. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prop-gun-using-blanks-still-052227936.html

That is what Nigerian army are using to bamboozle Nigerian by claiming they firing non kinetic whatever but still don't realize that firing it still can be fatal.

3 Likes

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Timoleon(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2021
Depending on the findings of an investigation. A murder can actually occur with a prop gun. This is most likely not the case here but I’m just saying it can happen.
paskal16:
it’s a prop gun sir
meaning it’s an accident most likely
He might not be charged
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Maj196(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2021
Did you know: Alec Baldwin is the voice behind The Boss Baby cartoon character.

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Falseprofet2: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2021
Quite educative

Thank you
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2021
sholikay:
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6814625/alec-baldwin-fatally-shoots-woman

Copied from. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prop-gun-using-blanks-still-052227936.html

Blanks can and do kill, but the woman has to be within a few feet of the muzzle to be hit fatally.

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by KingDash: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2021
paskal16:
like your father
atleast my father know wetin be prop gun.

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by paskal16: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2021
Timoleon:
Depending on the findings of an investigation. A murder can actually occur with a prop gun. This is most likely not the case here but I’m just saying it can happen.
yea you’re right
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Falseprofet2: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2021
Quite educative
thank you

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by KingDash: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2021
Maj196:
lots of actors voice cartoon characters.. what's the big deal?!
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by paskal16: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2021
KingDash:
atleast my father know wetin be prop gun.
idiot prop guns can also be real guns loaded with blank cartridges aswell, what’s your point exactly?
Ur papa na olodo
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by RevolverOcelot(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2021
Even a blank bullet can cause fatal injury if fired at point blank range. Famously, the son of legendary Bruce Lee was killed on a film set by a 'prop gun'. Mistakes can happen when firearms are involved.

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by MikelIbe: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2021
GoldenJAT:
Quite a technical analysis!

I wondering why they used live bullets on endsers protesters. What a wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by KingDash: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2021
paskal16:
idiot prop guns can also be real guns loaded with blank cartridges aswell, what’s your point exactly?
Ur papa na olodo
e pain am, go school you no gree now see your life.
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by lifenija: 9:15am On Oct 22, 2021
Maj196:
n wat has dat got to do with this?
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by paskal16: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2021
KingDash:
e pain am, go school you no gree now see your life.
lmao deluded
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Bamzyriches451: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2021
I didn't even understand anything there
Lemme move to the next thread
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Mac2016(m): 9:43am On Oct 22, 2021
Trailblazer1:
In Summary, Prop guns are also very deadly.

My advice:
Don't use real guns in movies.

If you must use real guns, use only rubber bullets.

No matter how real a movie looks, we all know it's still acted.
Rubber bullet could be so injurious to also cause death. I have seen one scenario that a guy died from rubber bullet injury.

Movies with guns shd be done in a highly controlled stations with high safety protocols.
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by proxillin(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2021
Summary of your writeup. Prop guns can still kill like normal guns
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by TheDevilIsALai: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2021
TDS got him .

Witnesses said he was ranting on about Trump and waving the gun around.

For 5ys straight, Alec Baldwin has been an avid Trump hater.

See what Trump Derangement Syndrome aka TDS has caused him.

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by TheDevilIsALai: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2021
He was all into the whole BLM/ANTIFA defund the Police movement.

He twitted this at the height of the George Floyd riots.

I guess now he will know what it feels like to kill someone accidentally.

Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by uncleteeh(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2021
Trailblazer1:

My advice:

Sure. As if we care about that.
Now someone is dead.
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by TheDevilIsALai: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2021
Trailblazer1:

My advice:

Prop guns are real guns.

They just call the prop guns because the license that allows them to be used on set is exclusively meant for film production.

They use blanks in the action shooting scenes but when loading a gun they use the real thing .

In this case, they forgot to remove the live rounds because they were not shooting. Alec had live rounds in the gun and was waving it around like an idiot while ranting on about Trump.
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by Advancedman(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2021
Trailblazer1:

My advice:

The quest here is the blank cartridge it seriously need scientific modification in other to produce or achieve the same results but non fatal at all, totally safe.
Re: Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" by 2kurupt(m): 11:01am On Oct 22, 2021
Why would they use real guns as props in the first place, especially now that we have CGI effects?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2019 To Hold In Nigeria, Audition Dates Announced / City People Awards 2016 - Winners (Full List) / Bbnaija: Jackie B And Jaypaul Emerge Heads Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.