Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why Am I Still Single? (part 3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Am I Still Single? (part 3) (107 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / Can I Still Go To Church After Having Sex On A Sunday Morning? / Why Am I Single? (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Still Single? (part 3) by toyinaremu(f): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2021
This series is not just for reading sake, I am trusting that the Lord will give you good understanding and you will be able to make amends (if and where necessary).

Please note that the series is for both the male and the female gender.

Let's continue from where we stopped the last time. If you missed the first four points, please check my timeline.

5. Your criterion is tight

This is similar to the 3rd point we considered yesterday. You might still be single because your criterion is so tight. You are looking for a non existent potential partner. I've seen that many 'fall' in love with those who match a (subconscious) list in their minds. The moment one or two things on the list is/are missing in that person, it's a no.

He must be TDH, what if he is SDH? What exactly is the definition of your good looking? No one is bad looking, once there is intelligent packaging (which includes knowing how to talk), peace of mind and some change in the pocket.

The woman must be figure 8, what if your perfect figure is 6? It is not the figure that will make your house a home! A woman you think is looking dry can still blossom if well watered..

All the "I cannot marry a pastor" sisters, what if that is your destination? Ndi men with the mindset of "a woman who is a leader will not be submissive", don't delay yourself unnecessarily.

6. I too know

That's what we call people who feel they are an island of knowledge and are not teachable. Very adamant, no one is fit to correct you. "Don't tell me that, it should be this way", always enforcing their opinion on others. You believe you're too good for anyone, most times in this situation, ego is the problem.

"I'm the man and my decision is the final" kind of mindset will delay you. The ones on the "We have equal rights WhatsApp group" too, you are the ones delaying yourselves. For your Isaac to take you to Sarah’s tent, you need to be humble and submissive.

Do you need to win every argument? Are you confrontational or super defensive? Do you ever give compliments, or you're always negative or can't be pleased? Most importantly, are you teachable?

Ask yourself, do I even fit into my criteria? See you tomorrow for continuation.

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Your Insecurity (2) / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This... / You Must Know Truth From Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.