Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,424 members, 7,888,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:47 AM

First Car Accident. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Car Accident. (1129 Views)

Ghastly Car Accident In Makurdi. Benue State Capital. Photos / 4 Friends Killed In Ikotun Lagos Car Accident While Coming From Night Club[photo / Car Accident At Mushin, Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Car Accident. by pleep(m): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
I had my first road accident today  embarassed  it was my fault I, ran a redlight and smashed into a brand new 2011 scion. Thank god noone was Injured.

Let's share stories about our first wrecks.
Re: First Car Accident. by John3161(m): 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2011
My car flipped 3 times whjile we were driving above 150 from Lagos to East, but miraculously, we all came out alive.
Re: First Car Accident. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2011
pleep:

I had my first road accident today  embarassed  it was my fault I, ran a redlight and smashed into a brand new 2011 scion. Thank god noone was Injured.

Why did you run a stop light?? Were you trying to kill yourself, or other road users?

Anyway, thank God for sparing your life, and that of the other motorist.
Re: First Car Accident. by pleep(m): 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2011
John 3:16:

My car flipped 3 times whjile we were driving above 150 from Lagos to East, but miraculously, we all came out alive.
driving 150 mph in Nigeria, Was this in the 80's haha? Where were the potholes?
Re: First Car Accident. by pleep(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
Siena:

Why did you run a stop light?? Were you trying to kill yourself, or other road users?

Anyway, thank God for sparing your life, and that of the other motorist.

no, I was distracted by a drink. Very silly I know.
Re: First Car Accident. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2011
pleep:

no, I was distracted by a drink. Very silly I know.

Bro, I don't follow. You'd had a drink, before driving?
Re: First Car Accident. by cretin: 7:29am On Jun 03, 2011
u mean 150km/h or 150miles/hr.

the aint the same o, few cars reach 150miles/hr
Re: First Car Accident. by John3161(m): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2011
pleep:

driving 150 mph in Nigeria, Was this in the 80's haha? Where were the potholes?

It happened around Iselukwu-Asaba expressway. The road is so wide and smoot that you wont realise you're speeding till you see the speedometer. Have learned my lesson anway.
Re: First Car Accident. by pleep(m): 8:48pm On Jun 03, 2011
Siena:

Bro, I don't follow. You'd had a drink, before driving?
(not alchoholic) In in my hand. I was also very deep in thought.
Re: First Car Accident. by pleep(m): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2011
cretin:

u mean 150km/h or 150miles/hr.

the aint the same o, few cars reach 150miles/hr

mine can. or rather it could sad
Re: First Car Accident. by pleep(m): 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
John 3:16:

It happened around Iselukwu-Asaba expressway. The road is so wide and smoot that you wont realise you're speeding till you see the speedometer. Have learned my lesson anway.
Is that road from Lagos to Enugu?
Re: First Car Accident. by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 23, 2012
I had my first accident just 4 days ago on Lagos-Ibadan expressway. A fuel tanker was speeding and almost crushed a bike-man (I wonder why bikes aren't outlawed on Federal roads) and for him to avert killing the biker, he rammed into my tail and my car swerved from the service lane, faced the traffic, screeched so bad and side-rammed into the concrete splitting the roads - it almost flipped over to the other side but somehow it regained balance - I thought I was going to die! I'm still battling the trauma though.

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips for preventing theft of your new car / Reliable Benz Mechanic In Benin City / Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.