Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,094 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:09 PM

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? (33932 Views)

How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Using Car Engine For Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by HIbreed(m): 5:27am On Oct 24, 2021
bablon20:
It's very simple, get sniper, have it spread on the engine of the car and turn d ignition on, leave d ignition on overnight. U will have me to thank later.
stop joking around important issues, someone might try this and got their car burned.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by sixtus3606(m): 5:41am On Oct 24, 2021
yuskel:
You are correct, their is a trash bin nearby.
Thanks for this insight.

You're welcome sir.

What those rats did to my power steering oil pipe ehnnnn...i won't want even an enemy to go through it.

Just park faraway from the trash bin (like you call it). Or change the position of the trash bin far away from the car.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by rotile247(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2021
You're on point. Rat sees charcoal like a glowing kriptonite. They'll run. Also get rat poison to eliminate the rat in your compound and reduce their population at interval.
N.B Don't forget to remove the charcoal whenever you want to drive the car for heat conducting purpose.

Charlssey:
Buy charcoal and place it at strategic points in the car. Rats can smell the charcoal and will be fooled into thinking that the place is burning.

They will not return. I had a similar issue last year while in Nigeria. I saw a post here and did the same thing.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by queenfav(f): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2021
KingTom:
Yes those evil beasts terrorised my vehicle for a long time until I swung into action, I poured rambo commando, kill and dry, otapiapia and that other black biscuits poison all over the engine area na soso corpse I come dey see. Omo the smell ehn!!! But it was worth it in the end angry I also employed cat piss in later years
Omk,na grenade you carry go knife fight o.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Darealrick(m): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2021
Just leave the engine on for one hour then open the front and harvest your fried rats
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Slurity(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2021
yuskel:
Hello People,

Please I would appreciate if any one could suggest the best way I can rid my car engine of these rats that have choosen it as their abode each time I packed the car in our compound for a long time.
VERY SIMPLE. BUY HOME JUST I LOCAL VILLAGE CAT. MAKE SURE THE CAT IS NOT FED ANYTHING PAST 4PM. YOU WILL TESTIFY IN CHURCH AFTER 2 DAYS.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Longsleeve: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
hope4nigeria:
bro I would have challenge your claim but I remember when I work in an eatery! I saw rats as big as cat, the funniest thing is they don't gear anybody, you dere not kill them because they way they eat food is scary, they will open coke or fanta and drink like normal human, you will see crates of eggs intact, by the time you raise it up, rats must have drill hole under it and consume the entire content. The worst is they will fetch raw rice and went with it on thier head! E shock you?
grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by TrishaOvie(f): 11:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Labadi69:

You like blue film? Oyibo type or all blacks abi you prefer mixed with black and white? undecided
go and ask your father
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Labadi69: 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
TrishaOvie:
go and ask your father

He’s dead. Your father will join him in the after life very shortly. So you better tell your father to ask him when he joins him there angry angry angry
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Malawian(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
hope4nigeria:
bro I would have challenge your claim but I remember when I work in an eatery! I saw rats as big as cat, the funniest thing is they don't gear anybody, you dere not kill them because they way they eat food is scary, they will open coke or fanta and drink like normal human, you will see crates of eggs intact, by the time you raise it up, rats must have drill hole under it and consume the entire content. The worst is they will fetch raw rice and went with it on thier head! E shock you?
Oga nothing shocks me, there was a time rats nearly chased me out of my own daddy's house. i mean you will be dropping it like its hot and they storm the toilets in commando style. and you leave the seat with half shit in your bowels. i have seen things you can only dream about. I have seen rats scale 2 storey building through the water pipes. from ground floor to 2nd Floor and enter like they built the house for them.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by TrishaOvie(f): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2021
Labadi69:

He’s dead. Your father will join him in the after life very shortly. So you better tell your father to ask him when he joins him there angry angry angry
I expected he'd be dead.. Why won't he die? Having a Son like you should be added to 100 ways to Die
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Labadi69: 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
TrishaOvie:
I expected he'd be dead.. Why won't he die? Having a Son like you should be added to 100 ways to Die

Better not to have a dad than to have a useless one that can not cater for his uncountable poor children. Is that not why you are in Cotonou hustling like a vagabond? Yahoo yahoo armed robber like you wey dey disguise as woman on NL. Unam ikot angry angry angry
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by TrishaOvie(f): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
Labadi69:

Better not to have a dad than to have a useless one that can not cater for his uncountable poor children. Is that not why you are in Cotonou hustling like a vagabond? Yahoo yahoo armed robber like you wey dey disguise as woman on NL. Unam ikot angry angry angry
Lmao Are you Pained oya sorry lol So everybody in Cotonou is poor meanwhile I've left Cotonou hope you've eaten today O fear for you
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2022
2roll:
Just put Confor in your bonnet and the rats will not near there again
send the mail here. Loadedplugz@yahoo.com ....thanks
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? by chrisNairaland(m): 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
Put camphor, garlic, Cameroon pepper, Naphthalene balls or Irish Spring Soap, no rat will near the car engine again. This is a true life experience.
Charcoal repels rat too but you must remove them before driving off the car.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos / FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving / 2019 Lamborghini Urus Unveiled - The World’s First Super Sport Utility Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.