Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,622 members, 7,979,102 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:23 PM

George Mclaurin, The First Black To Be Admitted In Uni. Of Oklahoma! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / George Mclaurin, The First Black To Be Admitted In Uni. Of Oklahoma! (226 Views)

Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

George Mclaurin, The First Black To Be Admitted In Uni. Of Oklahoma! by officialwdhtv: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2021
George McLaurin, was the first black to be admitted into the University of Oklahoma in 1948. He was asked to be sitting in a corner far from his white classmates. He worked hard to be one of the three best students of the university.

This is what he said: "Some colleagues would look at me like I was an animal, no one would give me a word, the teachers seemed like they were not even there for me, nor did they always take my questions when I asked. But I devoted myself so much that afterwards, they began to look for me to give them explanations and to clear their questions."

(1) (Reply)

End Of Year Promo - Process Instrumentation & Control / How To Get A Professional Resume To Land Your Dream Job / Becoming A Youtuber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.