Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,522 members, 7,911,291 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:56 AM

I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! (1237 Views)

I'm Depressed Over My Height / Sad And Depressed!! I Am In My 20s And Impotent / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2021
Good morning great Nlanders, please come to my aid.

It all started by being worried of what the future holds for me, since I graduated from school in 2016 served 2018 no job is forthcoming, I've searched for job to no avail, started learning a skill last year.

I've been thinking a lot lately, suddenly I could not fall asleep again, having shivers and suicide thoughts even though I still have hope that tomorrow will be better and I can't kill myself.

My major problem is the sleeplessness, I can't fall asleep again, I have shallow sleep, sleeping and still feeling awake.

I don't have interest in the things I love to do, like playing music, watching movies, having sex etc

Pls if you have passed through this condition before or you're a medical practitioner please help me in what I can do to restore my sleep, I love my sleep so much.
My BP is already high and this condition might make it worst.

I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel, this I strongly believe.

So many of those negative thoughts are now forcing their way on me, I rebuke them.

Pls ignore my grammatical blunders, I'm not a good writer, just help me.
May God bless you.

Lalasticala, Mynd44 and Seun please move to front page as I really need help.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by RedMac: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2021
OP the truth is that we are almost in the same category here... Everything u are passing through is what am passing through, except for the fact I don't have sleepless night... Infact I hate to sleep especially during the day, when I don't have job or money...

To get out of depression u need to start doing something everyday like 12 to 15 hours everyday make sure u are engaged in something productive, this way u will feel useful to yourself...

I know getting something doing may seem hard as me myself I don't have something I do everyday, aside trying to learn UIUX design, I am still searching for a daily or ad hoc job, just so I go out there and work...

Trust I feel depressed as much as u, but taking my own life is very difficult, the thoughts of am useless makes me wanna end it all

May God help us all

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Paggybelle: 11:05am On Oct 24, 2021
So sorry about that. But I think you should gather yourself together and know that things will get better. Keep trying. First issue is what is the reason for the depression?
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2021
RedMac:

What's the problem

Updated, thank you.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2021
Paggybelle:
So sorry about that. But I think you should gather yourself together and know that things will get better. Keep trying. First issue is what is the reason for the depression?

Updated, thank you.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Harrykn: 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
Cheer up bro, everyday were faced with tonnes of trouble, financial issues and others but someone like me smiles and move on.
Funny enough someone you are complaining to is going through worst conditions.
Try hanging out with the few friends you know, show interest in their welfare and you might start something great there.
Most times looking out for another person helps giving one a new beginning.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
RedMac:
OP the truth is that we are almost in the same category here... Everything u are passing through is what am passing through, except for the fact I don't have sleepless night... Infact I hate to sleep especially during the day, when I don't have job or money...

To get out of depression u need to start doing something everyday like 12 to 15 hours everyday make sure u are engaged in something productive, this way u will feel useful to yourself...

I know getting something doing may seem hard as me myself I don't have something I do everyday, aside trying to learn UIUX design, I am still searching for a daily or ad hoc job, just so I go out there and work...

Trust I feel depressed as much as u, but taking my own life is very difficult, the thoughts of am useless makes me wanna end it all

May God help us all

Thank You very much, my major problem is the sleeplessness I'm ready to cheer up, there is light at the end of the tunnel, this I strongly believe.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Harrykn:
Cheer up bro, everyday were faced with tonnes of trouble, financial issues and others but someone like me smiles and move on.
Funny enough someone you are complaining to is going through worst conditions.
Try hanging out with the few friends you know, show interest in their welfare and you might start something great there.
Most times looking out for another person helps giving one a new beginning.

Thank you for the advice, just that this seems to have entered clinical depression, despite all the troubles I still believe that e go better, and I'm having positive attitude but the sleepless night is something I'm not happy with.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by wajag123(m): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bob as for the sleeplessness you can drink warm milk or eat banana at night and drink some water. Please don't ignore the above remedy and most of all Pray to God at night and sleep.
Bob I feel your pain but don't look at your certificate and do ordinary jobs to put food on your table.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
The things you love doing like playing music, watching movies, having sex, these are mostly indoor activities. You need to go out more, socialize more with good minds. Hit the gym or do roadwalks very important. Exercise is one sure activity that boost your dopamine level. You need to know that a lot of folks are dying to be in your position right now. You are not thinking but worrying. Worrying breeds sleeplessness while productive thinking and taking action breeds positive results.
Then pray to whatever deity you believe in for guidance. angry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Kwealthhoney(f): 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sorry about the way you feel, many people passes through this stage in life. I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Try socializing, get closer to God and keep pursuing your dreams.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Thank you all for your concern, advice and encouragement, God bless you all, my major problem/concern is the sleeplessness, should I see a doctor immediately, if yes which doctor, general doctor or psychiatric doc.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Heyyounotyou(f): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
waynemighty:
Thank you all for your concern, advice and encouragement, God bless you all, my major problem/concern is the sleeplessness, should I see a doctor immediately, if yes which doctor, general doctor or psychiatric doc.
I am a psychologist /psychiatrist,

Try meditation exercise.. Learn how to inhale deeply and exhale slowly with your eyes closed for at least 30minutes before you sleep

Your lack of sleep is as a result of unnecessary worry,panic about tomorrow and severe anxiety .. As long as you don't have any health challenges.. Take it easy on yourself and stop pressuring yourself..

Love life, love yourself and sleep will come naturally. Don't make the mistake of relying on medicine to sleep..
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Bigboy289(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2021
waynemighty:

It all started by being worried of what the future holds for me, since I graduated from school in 2016 served 2018 no job is forthcoming, I've searched for job to no avail, started learning a skill last year.

I've been thinking a lot lately, suddenly I could not fall asleep again, having shivers and suicide thoughts even though I still have hope that tomorrow will be better and I can't kill myself.

My major problem is the sleeplessness, I can't fall asleep again, I have shallow sleep, sleeping and still feeling awake.

I don't have interest in the things I love to do, like playing music, watching movies, having sex etc

Pls if you have passed through this condition before or you're a medical practitioner please help me in what I can do to restore my sleep, I love my sleep so much.

So many of those negative thoughts are now forcing their way on me, I rebuke them.

May God bless you.

Lalasticala admin please move to front page as I really need help.
I think the problem here is money. Which skill did you learn?
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Heyyounotyou:

I am a psychologist /psychiatrist,

Try meditation exercise.. Learn how to inhale deeply and exhale slowly with your eyes closed for at least 30minutes before you sleep

Your lack of sleep is as a result of unnecessary worry,panic about tomorrow and severe anxiety .. As long as you don't have any health challenges.. Take it easy on yourself and stop pressuring yourself..

Love life, love yourself and sleep will come naturally. Don't make the mistake of relying on medicine to sleep..

Thank you very much!
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Bigboy289:
I think the problem here is money. Which skill did you learn?

Mobile phone repairing
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by elysian777: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Hello,I know this pain and I can feel your pain,have been there and am still going through the healing.Just in case you need someone to talk to,am.available. Am a good listener, I can share some of my experiences and how with God I was able to overcome some of it.Am not there yet but i thank God for the journey so far.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
elysian777:
Hello,I know this pain and I can feel your pain,have been there and am still going through the healing.Just in case you need someone to talk to,am.available. Am a good listener, I can share some of my experiences and how with God I was able to overcome some of it.Am not there yet but i thank God for the journey so far.

Thanks, you can reach on 08 16 557 64 90, I'll really appreciate,
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Bigboy289(m): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
waynemighty:

Mobile phone repairing
Try to learn a digital skill bro
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Vanilla4(f): 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hi there, I hope this helps. Depending on your degree, how about teacher, hotel butler/staff or fast food staff for the time being. I know those jobs may not look classy, it's for the time being till you get something better.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 11:29am On Nov 17, 2021
Bigboy289:
Try to learn a digital skill bro

Please can you recommend a good digital skill for me, thank you.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Bigboy289(m): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
waynemighty:

Please can you recommend a good digital skill for me, thank you.
Graphic design, programming, copywriting, blogging, web design, app development, etc
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
Thank you very much
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by waynemighty(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2022
@RedMac
@Paggybelle
@Harrykn
@wajag123
@Kwealthhoney
@Heyyounotyou
@Bigboy289
@elysian777
@Vanilla4

Thank you all for your advice concerning my health issues, you guys are the real MVP, I'm getting better now, got a Job that I'm managing, at least I sleep moderately now, though no deep sleep yet, just light sleeps with a lot dreams which was not so before.

Thank you and may God continue to bless and Protect you all.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Emipathos(m): 12:14am On Sep 22, 2022
There are also Herbal medication you can take that fight depression and sleeplessness. Apart from lack of job, fears and worries also Causes depression.

You may contact me on 08185363189 for recommendation and direction. Sleeplessness will definitely be a thing of the past. I know you have engaged in a job. I will suggest to you legal jobs and business where you will re discover your life.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Harrykn: 9:59am On Sep 22, 2022
waynemighty:
@RedMac
@Paggybelle
@Harrykn
@wajag123
@Kwealthhoney
@Heyyounotyou
@Bigboy289
@elysian777
@Vanilla4

Thank you all for your advice concerning my health issues, you guys are the real MVP, I'm getting better now, got a Job that I'm managing, at least I sleep moderately now, though no deep sleep yet, just light sleeps with a lot dreams which was not so before.

Best wishes brother, Stay safe and out of trouble.
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Heyyounotyou(f): 5:18am On Sep 24, 2022
waynemighty:
@RedMac
@Paggybelle
@Harrykn
@wajag123
@Kwealthhoney
@Heyyounotyou
@Bigboy289
@elysian777
@Vanilla4

You’re welcome my darling.. I’m so happy to hear from you that you’re feeling better..
I pray for you.. May you continue to have a reason to enjoy life and be happy in Jesus name .. Amen
Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Tobennajay(m): 5:59am On Sep 24, 2022
I can relate 80% to this, after I graduated I was so caught up in depression. My mental health was remaining 2%. I tried alot of things both online and offline to make ends meet only to loose all my savings and even worse getting scammed. I went back to the village to gather myself as there was no mental oppression there. Two weeks later I came back to town to squat with a friend who taught me about a business he was doing called AFFILIATE MARKETING. I was skeptical at first but I decided to try it out as I had nothing to loose only my money. After a 90days of putting in work and sweating for results, I began to make reasonable amounts to take care of myself and began to make something out of my life and also start a business. I pray you get passed this phase. I know it's not easy but all is well and there's hope. All young people like us in this country are going through the same thing. Please get yourself together and get started on something. We both know sometimes money is the major problem.
waynemighty:

May God bless you.

Lalasticala, Mynd44 and Seun please move to front page as I really need help.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed, I Need Your Help! by Tobennajay(m): 6:02am On Sep 24, 2022
You'll be Fine Big man. I just know that.
RedMac:

May God help us all

(1) (Reply)

Secure Your Pharamacitical Shop/health Center With Our Solar CCTV / Octuplets Mom Says She Had 6 Embryos Implanted / How Do U Have Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.