Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,211 members, 7,974,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 03:32 PM

Please Advice Me On Poultry Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Advice Me On Poultry Farming (296 Views)

Incase You Missed Out On The Free Webinar On Poultry Feeds Production -yesterday / Ask Me Any Question On Poultry Business. / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On Poultry Farming by rosema504: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2021
Hello House.
Happy Sunday to you all.

I have 6 plots of land which is 1 acre and I wish to to into poultry farming.

All I need is your advice please. How many broilers can I raised on 1 acres and what type of cage do you suggest ?
Re: Please Advice Me On Poultry Farming by SUPERPACK: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
Poultry farming is not for the faint at heart. Going into large scale broiler farming requires a good market so you can sell within 2 months.
Hope you are gainfully employed too? Because biggest problem faced in poultry is doubling/tripling of feed cost/drugs suddenly by seller, so a fixed budget is not good, you need steady income to prevent this from crippling your farm.
Having learnt from mistakes we did when we were into poultry, i will also advise you buy all the feeds and drugs required to see a particular batch from brooding to market size at once and prevent buying little by little. This is to prevent you from from spending your operating cost on something else.
Lastly look into White Nicolas turkey farming it has better mortality rate than broiler and better feed conversion rate too. The day old of White Nicolas turkey cost #2400, and the mature ones after six months they cost #20,000 to #25,000. Do your market analysis before venturing into any, visit other progressing farms and ask question.
Re: Please Advice Me On Poultry Farming by Ade3131: 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
rosema504:
Hello House.
Happy Sunday to you all.

I have 6 plots of land which is 1 acre and I wish to to into poultry farming.

All I need is your advice please. How many broilers can I raised on 1 acres and what type of cage do you suggest ?

First rule: if you're totally new to boilers or meat birds farming, please don't start big. No matter how much resources you have or the temptations to go full blast, please start small and grow with time and experience. There's no amount of books or online contents that beats first-hand experience. Mind you, I'm not saying you shouldn't read up stuffs about it. Read and practice on a small scale.

Also, boiler rearing depends on market. Are you planning to raise and sell them off as life chickens or you're gonna take it further into processing and sell off as frozen food?

Life chicken is seasonal or else you'd run into loss while selling as frozen chicken requires electricity for preservation. Do your research well.

Stay blessed.
Re: Please Advice Me On Poultry Farming by rosema504: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Okro Sack Farm In Dry Season / Dried Ginger Available / Big Snails For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.