Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,120 members, 7,949,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) (37832 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by sweetTai(m): 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
A good sex is a respecter of no age. Can you perform in bed? And can you support a family? If yes/yes, go ahead!

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
AkaraAndBread:
... Or is he here because he is too immature to know how to deal with the age gap?
Meaning it is an issue where his "love" is concerned, and this is already covered. undecided
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by PersonalDiary: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Someone will post a relevant topics, NO MoD will Puch it to front page. But post Boobs, relationship or any topic that adds to real value to society...fi front page.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Teeboi56: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Show ur pics B4 I can comment shocked
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by eskorelvis: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

I do not know of relatable popular Nigerians that I could have used. If I did, I'd surely have used them but I'm sure there are people who are younger than their wives and are living happily.
Don't mislead the OP into thinking it's just marriages where the husband is the older ones that work.

Peter in P square is 7 yrs younger than his wife
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by BigYash: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Tayosteve:

Good talk bro, I don tell am already say he will later leave her when his eyes don clear

Bitter truth.
Yes o,my brother..
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by galaxy2020(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
At 23, you are still very young. Do you have the financial capacity to run a home, even if your gf helps out? You need to take your time and understand life first b4 drawing any conclusion. Wish you the best in your relationship.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
You don fall in love with olosho abi, she don sux your preek Kon swallow you dey call am love. You better finish school first and leave yahoo and smoking SK.

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by folks4luv(f): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
Well... You are kinda too young for this kinda relationship. 29 to 34 years woulda been better but 23? But then, who knows? ��‍♀️
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by skj1377(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
yes
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Tspot(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
If you were just dating marriage is not involved it would have been a different ball game.This one that you are mentioning marriage at 23?
Guy the terrain in Nigeria is completely different from the one abroad,if what you have seen in foreign movies is the lure here.Life is extremely difficult in Nigeria unless you are wealthy or from a wealthy home and your parents are in support of it.If you are not wealthy my brother wake up oh! I draw my ear tell you wake up.That is why you see so many Nigerian men are still single some without girlfriend self even at 40,they are struggling to take care of themselves let alone put upon themselves the huge burden of taking care of a family.

I hope your girlfriend is not the type who wants to get married by all means and use the cloak of love to lure you into marriage.Then when things start get really hard inside that marriage she will throw away that love thing she was telling you is all that matters before marriage and finish you with her mouth daily for your inabilities and inadequacies the marriage.
I know you will probably think I am just bitter about marriage ,I am hitting you with the hard truth like a boxer's punch.

Enjoy your relationship and learn about the opposite sex and relationships generally,while at it getting married should be out of it for now.When you turn 30 and above you can start thinking about marriage,I know she can't wait that long that is the reality on ground.If you happen to get very rich or very comfortable before 30 then you can get married,but don't get married at 23 even when you become rich biko,you have a lot to still learn about life and life in Nigeria .Goodluck!
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by eagleonearth(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
oldienavie:

In all these examples there is not 1 single African there talkless of Nigerian.
Even abroad, younger men marrying older women is the exception not the norm.

@oP na small child still dey do you... when you grow up small your eye will open.
Age is not just a number, especially if you are an African. Oyinbo people have already normalised homosexuality while it carries 14 year jail term in Nigeria.
The summary of my talk is that we are Africans/Nigerians and as such reason like one.
African bawo? Osun state governor is way younger than the wife. He's just a prominent example among many.

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Munzy14(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

I do not know of relatable popular Nigerians that I could have used. If I did, I'd surely have used them but I'm sure there are people who are younger than their wives and are living happily.
Don't mislead the OP into thinking it's just marriages where the husband is the older ones that work.

Peter of PSquare is younger than his wife.

But in this OP's case it is a different ball game...That boy should be preparing for Nysc or just on entry level work status if he is not in the business sector...

I wonder what he is looking for in marriage at that age...smh

Well, I took it as one of those comic topics that make FP.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Samsplug(m): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
oldienavie:

In all these examples there is not 1 single African there talkless of Nigerian.
Even abroad, younger men marrying older women is the exception not the norm.

@oP na small child still dey do you... when you grow up small your eye will open.
Age is not just a number, especially if you are an African. Oyinbo people have already normalised homosexuality while it carries 14 year jail term in Nigeria.
The summary of my talk is that we are Africans/Nigerians and as such reason like one.
nah bro
the fact that u haven't seen someone doing it doesn't mean it ain't happening
Africa is large not just u and ur community!!!!!
I know a lot of men that got married to women older than them and still lived happily.

oh wait
so it's okay for a man to marry a woman he is older than
but a woman shouldn't do the same??

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Munzy14(m): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
eagleonearth:
African bawo? Osun state governor is way younger than the wife. He's just a prominent example among many.
Even akeredolu of Ondo.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Germi9: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
NohurryInLife:

If she's aware, that will be capital NO already.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by OKOROJAKE: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
God created man b4 woman. There's no where in the Bible a wife is older than her husband
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by VULCAN(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
What do you mean by this statement in bold?

Are there no 38yr old single women?

Why do you sound like the woman has many and better offers?

If she cannot wait 6 yrs for the OP to stand as a man then let her go.

By the time he is ready he may consider her amongst others as there is no guarantee that she will be happily married by then.

GetMeRight:

The word JUST means that even the Op recognised the fact that he is just starting life. For how long can aunty at 29 wait for him? Fear don dey catch our man be dat, JUST!
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by McOluOmo: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
eazzzy1:
The lady has lived her life while you are just about to start yours. You don’t want to be trapped in marriage at 23. If she can wait 6 more years.

If you were 33 and she was 39 it wouldn’t be a big deal, would she have looked at you 4 years ago when she was 25? I wouldn’t even advise a 29 year old man to marry a 23 year old girl. A 23 year old is a baby with baby priorities.

Even a 20 year old girl has seen more life than the average 23 year old boy in terms of relationships. Date all you want but don’t get married at 23 to a 29 year old woman.
thanks bro, ur advise is welcomed....
Make MONEY b4 u make BABY

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Share

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Baselm: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
darkstar6971:
Hello fellow Nairalanders pls I'm here for a suggestion and let it be positive pls ain't need no insult... grin
I'm having a girlfriend which is 29yrs and I'm just 23 years, We both love each other to the extent that we don't even knew the time we start the relationship... pls I need your suggestions here...

Please moderators help me to move this thread to front page so as to get more positive suggestions.

People in advanced countries do this, but over here it is not advisable. Would you be fine if by the time you marry, your wife is past her fertile years. Can you afford IVF, or pay a surrogate mother or would you be fine adopting a child? Those westerners have several options to natural reproduction, so marrying a old woman doesn't matter.

They don't feed on respect like we do. An African man would love some respect from his wife. Nigerian ladies are also known to be exploitative and highly demanding.

Most likely she is exploiting your naivety now for you to be thinking marriage at 23. Enjoy your youthful years, don't go and enter one chance.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by NOBLE179(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
At this stage of your life, you should be thinking about building your life - giving your life a meaning, not thinking about marrying your aunty.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
Shakira and Gerard Piqué have been married for about 10 years now, Shakira is Older than Piqué and there's been no bad news about them(none that I know of).
Macron is way younger than his wife and younger than her children.
I think what you should be more concerned about is respect, do you both respect eachother regardless of the age difference? Even if you're older and neither of you respects the other, it might not work unless you both enjoy violence.
Personally, respect and other stuff are what I consider and not the age (especially if the age gap isn't much).
Anyway, no be Piqué, Macron and other people go decide for you.
What do you both want? How do you treat eachother?

Shakira is damn too beautiful mbok
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by wizdomnzube(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
Shakira and Gerard Piqué have been married for about 10 years now, Shakira is Older than Piqué and there's been no bad news about them(none that I know of).
Macron is way younger than his wife and younger than her children.
I think what you should be more concerned about is respect, do you both respect eachother regardless of the age difference? Even if you're older and neither of you respects the other, it might not work unless you both enjoy violence.
Personally, respect and other stuff are what I consider and not the age (especially if the age gap isn't much).
Anyway, no be Piqué, Macron and other people go decide for you.
What do you both want? How do you treat eachother?
Pique and Shakira ain't married. Make research before u put small pikin for problem.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Ubuntu86: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ebuka (Hart Logistics) thanks for the question. You can marry her, the koko be: true love, mutual respect and loyalty. Check this out in her and you're good to go...
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by graciousify(f): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
Judging by the economic realities in Nigeria today, we all know that having only on source of income is no longer sustainable.
I can teach you proven a proven method on how you can scale your income to 300-400k per month using your phone.
Take a step today and start your journey to financial freedom.
Click here to get started: 07036288213
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by meobizy(f): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Everybody has their battle in life. Face your own.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Kyf1: 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2021
On time bomb she will dump u after using u
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by pedrilo: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Depression loading.
Run
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by omoakin22: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
it will end in tears
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Wow...
How did you meet... I need a girl friend who's older than me too... I have always been attracted to ladies older than me... Ever since I developed attractions as a teenager

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly / Lady Celebrates Her House Help From Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Happy Wedding Anniversary To Us!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.