Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,494 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:14 PM

What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy (1441 Views)

Conspiracy Because Of Hatred And Jealousy. / 20 Ways To Know The Difference Betweeen Real And Fake Friends / Jealousy And Hatred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by Lanrefemi: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
Hello guys, what is the difference b/w envy and jealousy.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by jaybee3(m): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2011
google is your friend
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by dominique(f): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
they mean the same thing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by JamaicanQT(f): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
They are basically the same thing
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 04, 2011
envy & jealousy are 2 dff word with diff meanings dnt get it twisted
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by tpia5: 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2012
good question.

i dont think there's much difference between them.

second question- is jealousy a normal part of human nature.

i notice 97% of people [including christians] have this emotion [jealousy], and this makes me wonder if not feeling envy is somehow a character defect ie unnatural.

i find i dont envy other people and find it very difficult [almost impossible] to do so- the emotion is simply not there, dont know why.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by tpia5: 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2012
it seems people believe their success is hinged on another person's failure.

why should that be so?

strange mentality, to me, unless we're talking of witches and wizards, but we all learn new things everyday sha.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by Nobody: 4:23am On May 15, 2012
Envy is the first stage of jealousy.
This is kind of like the "event horizon" of a cosmic black hole.

It's the part right before the eye of the storm so to speak.

You can be envious, but not hateful.

"I envy her. She's got a good man who loves her, shower her with gifts and treats her like royalty. I am happy for her though and hope to find my own prince charming."

vs.

"Look at her! She thinks she is all of that! So what if he showers her with gifts! They are all cheap anyway!"

which is clearly jealousy. BOTH deal with wanting what the woman has but one is by far more negative than the other.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Envy And Jealousy by Nobody: 4:25am On May 15, 2012
jay bee: google is your friend

lazy. grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Adding Headline Animator To Your Blog / Accident Along Yenegua/amassoma Road / lz, Fine Girl No Go School But Eanna Compet With The Big

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.