Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,164 members, 7,880,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:24 PM

One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community (15189 Views)

Gunshots As Hoodlums Loot Dogara’s House In Jos / Seven Shot As Another Police Station Is Razed In Lagos / Atiku’s Witness Weeps At Tribunal, Says APC ‘thugs’ Shot Two During Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Insecurity(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2021
One killed, seven shot, two missing as hoodlums attack Ogun community

THREE persons have been arrested by the police in Ogun State, just as one person was feared killed and seven others shot after hoodlums invaded Igbo Oba community in Igbesa area of the state. 

Two other persons were as of Monday evening still missing after residents scampered into different directions when the hoodlums struck. Fourteen expended cartridges and six live cartridges were recovered from one of the arrested suspects, Muibi (surname withheld), who claimed to be a member of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC). 

The attack on the community occurred less than 48 hours after residents raised the alarm of an imminent attack through a Save Our Soul (SOS) message to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba Alkali. 

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the attack, which occurred early on Monday morning, was the fourth in a month by members of the same gang. 

Policemen from the Special Weapons and Tactical Squad (SWAT), Abuja had some days ago dislodged the hoodlums from the village, but they returned on Monday to attack residents. 

One of the survivors, Idris Hamzat, who was rushed to the Ota General Hospital, said: “I was in our house when I discovered that petrol had finished from our power generating set. 

“I could not come out alone for the fear of armed robbers, but as soon as we came out, there heard sporadic gunshots and we all ran into different directions. 

“I then felt a sharp pain in the middle part of my body and my thigh, but I kept running into the bush until I discovered I had been shot.” 

Another victim, Oladimeji Akande, who was also rushed to the same hospital, said: “There were about 100 of them with sophisticated weapons. 

“They thought that I was dead because they shot me in the leg and other parts of my body. I struggled to creep into the bush.”

A resident of the village, John Oloru Odo, said: “The hoodlums were led by one Akogun and Ewe .This is the fourth time that they have attacked us in the last one month. 

“The attack came less than two days after we raised the alarm that these people were planning to invade our village after they were chased away by SWAT officers from Abuja.” 

The arrested OPC member, Muibi, in his confessional statement to the police at Agbara police station, admitted to have gone to the village with the gang, but denied taking part in the attack. The suspect also claimed that the cartridges that were recovered from him were given to him by an unidentified member of the gang. 

He also claimed that he was not holding any gun, but that he was holding the live cartridges in case more were needed. 

The suspect said: “I was told that we were going for a security job. It was when I got to that area that I knew that they planned to use us as land thugs. 

“I am a member of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC). I am a security guard. It was one Azeez who took me to the site. He lied to me that we were going for a security job. “When I discovered that they wanted to use us as land thugs, I stayed back around the village and it was later that my friend and I were arrested. 

“There were many of us from different places. Some came from Idimu, Ikotun, Sango, while my friend and I joined them from Okokomaiko.” 

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Ogun State, Abimbola Oyeyemi, could not be reached for his reaction as calls to his mobile phone line were not answered as of the time of filing this report.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/one-killed-seven-shot-two-missing-as-hoodlums-attack-ogun-community/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Fahdiga(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2021
I hope this time there won't be another Benin Republic IDP. I shed tears anytime they are killing the Yorubas knowing too well that they can't help themselves. My thoughts and prayers are with them in this perilous time

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Emergingnation1(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2021
Yarubanistan is burning, OPC terrorist on killing spree

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Salvation28: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2021
Too bad
Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Geestarry(f): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2021
Hmmm.

God help us.
Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Mightymosco: 8:40am On Oct 26, 2021
Not suprised...usual doings in nigeria
Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by ifytrik(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2021
Stop calling them hoodlums, call them bandits

6 Likes

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by benuejosh: 8:50am On Oct 26, 2021
I am surprised no one has blamed DSS

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by PrinceOfLagos: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2021
Insecurity is escalating everywhere like wild fire

And to think that the president doesn't care makes it worse

2 Likes

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Siwisheswereesh: 8:52am On Oct 26, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga:
I hope this time there won't be another Benin Republic IDP. I shed tears anytime they are killing the Yorubas knowing too well that they can't help themselves. My thoughts and prayers are with them in this perilous time
[/s]

Piggiiddiooott amaka smiley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Nooel1: 8:58am On Oct 26, 2021
South West is fast turning into Afghaniwestern.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by LILTJAY: 8:58am On Oct 26, 2021
All this political thugs self... youths wey nor get sense... they fight for useless politicians
Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by nairalandankrah: 8:59am On Oct 26, 2021
Buhari's hoodlums on the beat. grin
Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by NyamiriFlathead(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2021
Anybody causing problem in any part of yoruba land must be shot dead, we don't want our land to turn to another north east, we are not like demented afghanEASTERN people that are destroying their barren land just to hurt buhari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by NyamiriFlathead(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2021
Fahdiga:
another igbotic gibberish, mr okoro next

5 Likes

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Telekinetic: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2021
Insecurity:

One killed, seven shot, two missing as hoodlums attack Ogun community

THREE persons have been arrested by the police in Ogun State, just as one person was feared killed and seven others shot after hoodlums invaded Igbo Oba community in Igbesa area of the state. 

Two other persons were as of Monday evening still missing after residents scampered into different directions when the hoodlums struck. Fourteen expended cartridges and six live cartridges were recovered from one of the arrested suspects, Muibi (surname withheld), who claimed to be a member of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC). 

The attack on the community occurred less than 48 hours after residents raised the alarm of an imminent attack through a Save Our Soul (SOS) message to the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba Alkali. 

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the attack, which occurred early on Monday morning, was the fourth in a month by members of the same gang. 

Policemen from the Special Weapons and Tactical Squad (SWAT), Abuja had some days ago dislodged the hoodlums from the village, but they returned on Monday to attack residents. 

One of the survivors, Idris Hamzat, who was rushed to the Ota General Hospital, said: “I was in our house when I discovered that petrol had finished from our power generating set. 

“I could not come out alone for the fear of armed robbers, but as soon as we came out, there heard sporadic gunshots and we all ran into different directions. 

“I then felt a sharp pain in the middle part of my body and my thigh, but I kept running into the bush until I discovered I had been shot.” 

Another victim, Oladimeji Akande, who was also rushed to the same hospital, said: “There were about 100 of them with sophisticated weapons. 

“They thought that I was dead because they shot me in the leg and other parts of my body. I struggled to creep into the bush.”

A resident of the village, John Oloru Odo, said: “The hoodlums were led by one Akogun and Ewe .This is the fourth time that they have attacked us in the last one month. 

“The attack came less than two days after we raised the alarm that these people were planning to invade our village after they were chased away by SWAT officers from Abuja.” 

The arrested OPC member, Muibi, in his confessional statement to the police at Agbara police station, admitted to have gone to the village with the gang, but denied taking part in the attack. The suspect also claimed that the cartridges that were recovered from him were given to him by an unidentified member of the gang. 

He also claimed that he was not holding any gun, but that he was holding the live cartridges in case more were needed. 

The suspect said: “I was told that we were going for a security job. It was when I got to that area that I knew that they planned to use us as land thugs. 

“I am a member of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC). I am a security guard. It was one Azeez who took me to the site. He lied to me that we were going for a security job. “When I discovered that they wanted to use us as land thugs, I stayed back around the village and it was later that my friend and I were arrested. 

“There were many of us from different places. Some came from Idimu, Ikotun, Sango, while my friend and I joined them from Okokomaiko.” 

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Ogun State, Abimbola Oyeyemi, could not be reached for his reaction as calls to his mobile phone line were not answered as of the time of filing this report.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/one-killed-seven-shot-two-missing-as-hoodlums-attack-ogun-community/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Lol... Ndi Afonzuzu will begin another mass exodus to Benin Rep. That’s one thing those yellow blooded creatures are known for grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by EzeAro: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2021
NyamiriFlathead:
Anybody causing problem in any part of yoruba land must be shot dead, we don't want our land to turn to another north east, we are not like demented afghanEASTERN people that are destroying their barren land just to hurt buhari.
My yorubandit bloda, very soon you will blame Igbos for why you failed to liberate yourself and your wretched family from the stigma of generational poverty

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by NyamiriFlathead(m): 9:13am On Oct 26, 2021
EzeAro:

My yorubandit bloda, very soon you will blame Igbos for why you failed to liberate yourself and your wretched family from the stigma of generational poverty
mr shukudi next or do you need bucket

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by EzeAro: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2021
NyamiriFlathead:
mr shukudi next or do you need bucket
Shasmudeen my come headed bloda, have you eaten today? grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by nairalandankrah: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2021
Fahdiga:
grin grin..Nairaland is incomplete without people like you

16 Likes

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by fourboys: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2021
Divede this country already.. embarassed embarassed
Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by loveth360(f): 9:17am On Oct 26, 2021
What will nairaland Mumuluabis say.

All Opc terrorist should be gun down.

16 Likes

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Blackfire(m): 9:30am On Oct 26, 2021
The real terrorist

OPC

They should be ban by the FG

North2023 North2023

3 Likes

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by ScamHunter: 9:33am On Oct 26, 2021
Wakili in action
Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Brimstone77: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2021
grin

Yet another one!!

Afonja on a killing spree... killing each other's and sacking their villages..

You will still hear my cone head neighbors here on nairaland blaming esn and ipob..

Their demi god once asked 'where are the cows'?? cheesy

This is a delicate issue, while fulanis are at the other side killing and sacking villages, the afonja breed terrorists (opc) are at the other side killing their brothers amoketun at the other hand are killing youths with dreadlocks...

Tomorrow you will hear them shouting "yoloba land is under siege"

Yoloba ronu ooo..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by SirBlack999(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2021
This people are slowly turning the once peaceful Yoruba land to yorubanistan.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2021
The same scenario played in the east is about to repeat itself in the west...

Jail break, gather the foot soilders, arm them.

Next is to start targeting high socialites from the west...

Then they bring in the army...

2022 ain't gonna be funny.

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by haffaze777(m): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2021
benuejosh:
I am surprised no one has blamed DSS

We don't shift blame here

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by Paretomaster1(m): 10:00am On Oct 26, 2021
Fahdiga:

Am sure you did not even read the article before commenting..... Ode

3 Likes

Re: One Killed, Seven Shot, Two Missing As Hoodlums Attack Ogun Community by FreedomArmy: 10:11am On Oct 26, 2021
Southern governors,senatorz and leader are stupid and cowardly. How can you allow strangers to be your security and expect things to go the right way. Its obvious that if the security is left in the hands of the state,the people can shun tribalism,nepotism and carry out their job knowing that they are protecting their own people.
Now you expect a Fulani who love destruction to be patriotic and protect your people. Southerners should continue to deceive themselves and watch how they will turn your land to north East.
And then some fools will start shouting Ipob if this kind of news is from the East

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Refuses Abba Kyari, ACP Ubua Bail Over Alleged Drug Deal / 11 Killed In Pro-trump Rally In Nigeria- New York Times / Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.