Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:44 PM

Does God Really Bless People Financially? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Bless People Financially? (1983 Views)

Does God Only Bless People With Jobs Or Handwork? - Career - Nairaland / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Does God Still Bless People Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I need answers to my inner most question about God. My question is; does God really get involved in blessing people or He God has finished His assignment and the rest left to man to handle?

This question has been coming hard on me because of all I have been going through financially. I have believed this God that sometimes people think am mad. I have been doing my business to the best I can, I have been praying so hard, I have been attending church services and giving my offerings yet I go through a lot like a prodigal son. I am seriously in pain, my heart aches and bleeds at the same time and am losing my mind.

My heart is really aching to be honest with you all and I must say am considering other options of how to get rich because it seems God doesnt answer the prayer for breakthrough. Honestly, I have a thousand reason to believe God doesn't help any man get rich.

Please I need candid advice at this moment only from more matured Christians in the house. Please don't bash me because it is not a funny situation with me at the moment as I have been in need of money to do things and yet non is coming forth.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by budaatum: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
I have been praying so hard, I have been attending church services and giving my offerings yet I go through a lot like a prodigal son.

I wouldn't hire you. If I hired you, you'd do the above and claim you are a good employee and deserve a reward when the truth is you abandoned your business and spent your time doing the above.

There are two things, amongst others, that should not merely be believed but known for absolute certainty. The first is:

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

The pity in the above is the "blessed them" comes first, when the fact is that you'd be blessed only after obeying the "be fruitful" instruction.

The second is:

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”

It means, you will not be blessed unless you invest your sweat.

Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
budaatum:

I wouldn't hire you. If I hired you, you'd do the above and claim you are a good employee and deserve a reward when the truth is you abandoned your business and spent your time doing the above.

There are two things, amongst others, that should not merely be believed but known for absolute certainty. The first is:

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

The pity in the above is the "blessed them" comes first, when the fact is that you'd be blessed only after obeying the "be fruitful" instruction.

The second is:

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”

No, you misunderstood me. I am a christian. I go to church when there is service, I pray in church and in my private and I also give my offering. Which part of these is wrong?

Mind you am a business person and I don't use my business time for church or prayer time except for times dedicated to those spiritual activity. My point is I do all am suppose to do why haven't God blessed me?

But if you don't have any tangible opinion that's fine, but don't quote me to nail me. I haven't told you am jobless please.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I need answers to my inner most question about God. My question is; does God really get involved in blessing people or He God has finished His assignment and the rest left to man to handle?

This question has been coming hard on me because of all I have been going through financially. I have believed this God that sometimes people think am mad. I have been doing my business to the best I can, I have been praying so hard, I have been attending church services and giving my offerings yet I go through a lot like a prodigal son. I am seriously in pain, my heart aches and bleeds at the same time and am losing my mind.

My heart is really aching to be honest with you all and I must say am considering other options of how to get rich because it seems God doesnt answer the prayer for breakthrough. Honestly, I have a thousand reason to believe God doesn't help any man get rich.

Please I need candid advice at this moment only from more matured Christians in the house. Please don't bash me because it is not a funny situation with me at the moment as I have been in need of money to do things and yet non is coming forth.

The answer to this question is very many but to summarise it

1) The Blessings and Promises of God only belong to His Children. Strangers are Cut-off.

2) And the process to be a Child of God is Quite Long to fulfill.

3) Then you are talking about these days of rapture, hmmm, men ought to have Chosen the Way of The Lord before these days.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by budaatum: 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

My point is I do all am suppose to do why haven't God blessed me?

Are you claiming my opinion is not tangible, as far as you are concerned?

No South, you haven't done what you are supposed to do. What you've done is what you believe you are supposed to do, and I am suggesting you have not done what you should do. I can just about see you praying and attending and blessing your already wealthy church instead of investing in a good business management book.

God never told you "praying so hard, I have been attending church services and giving my offerings" will put food on your table, as you yourself have bourne witness to "yet I go through a lot like a prodigal son".

Perhaps read the book for understanding instead of merely believing and then coming here to confess that you are trembling as you rightly ought to.

May the Lord God make you seek wisdom and understanding.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2021
budaatum:

Wrong!

I trust he has sweated and sweated yet no change

The Bible tells us The Only Way is "The Righteous shall flourish, eat the goods of the land and never beg bread"

Only the Upright and no one else.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

No, you misunderstood me. I am a christian. I go to church when there is service, I pray in church and in my private and I also give my offering. Which part of these is wrong?...

Sorry sir, going to church and doing all those things never made you a Child of God.

The Only Way to become a Child of God is to Strictly Obey Him and Walk in The Way He has Commanded.

Anything short of this, you are on your own!

That's what the Bible has been saying since Genesis till Revelation.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by budaatum: 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Wrong!

The Bible tells us The Only Way is "The Righteous shall flourish, eat the goods of the land and never beg bread"

He obviously sweated wrong and not "righteous", as in in the right and proper way, or he'd flourish and be blessed.

Below is you saying exactly that.

Dtruthspeaker:

Sorry sir, going to church and doing all those things never made you a Child of God.

The Only Way to become a Child of God is to Strictly Obey Him and Walk in The Way He has Commanded.

Anything short of this, you are on your own!

That's what the Bible has been saying since Genesis till Revelation.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
budaatum:

He obviously sweated wrong and not "righteous", as in in the right and proper way, or he'd flourish and be blessed.

Below is you saying exactly that.

Righteousness IS THE WAY! THE ONLY WAY!

And This is Only Course 101! Other tougher courses will Follow until Graduation!
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2021
Sincerely I do appreciate all the comments coming in. This is not to argue whatsoever. But the truth is, who is righteous if that is the exact criteria for God to help a man? Who is righteous. Again, if righteousness is the criteria, does it now mean that God has never prospered anybody because even scripture says non is righteous and that our righteousness is as a filter rag before God. So how do you then claim God blesses only when one is righteous, yet we have billionaires and millionaires littered all over when God said there is non righteous?

Honestly, I need indept and detail interpretations because truly I want to see to the end of my situation. But of course I will know the truth and the truth will make me free.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by budaatum: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Righteousness IS THE WAY! THE ONLY WAY!

And This is Only Course 101! Other tougher courses will Follow until Graduation!

As in 'the right way is the right way', which is obviously not the way of the op.

Op, I hope you learn.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong!

My brother I have and I have. In fact if I give the full gist of my life you will understand what am talking about. But the point is I really want to get to the root of this .
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
budaatum:

As in 'the right way is the right way', which is obviously not the way of the op.

Op, I hope you learn.

Like seriously?

Anyways noted. But maybe you should give me a list of all that constitutes unrighteousness for me to thick the ones am either guilty of or not guilty of then after that you can now judge me.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by budaatum: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
Sincerely I do appreciate all the comments coming in. This is not to argue whatsoever. But the truth is, who is righteous if that is the exact criteria for God to help a man?

Biblical words tend to be indirect at times, but get rid of the "eous" and you are left with right, as opposed to wrong, which, since you are after earthly wealth, precludes you from wealth the moths would not eat.

If you seek that which is right, tables will be prepared before you and you shall never lack.

Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Your problem I am afraid stems from your understanding of God and what it takes to be blessed by Him. undecided

If your goal is be rich for self, then your best bet is to study the way the world does business and follow their example all the way. Else, the God way actually entails doing the opposite of what the world does.
32 “Don’t fear, little flock. Your Father wants to share his kingdom with you.
33 Sell the things you have and give that money to those who need it. This is the only way you can keep your riches from being lost. You will be storing treasure in heaven that lasts forever. Thieves can’t steal that treasure, and moths can’t destroy it.
34 Your heart will be where your treasure is. - Luke 12 vs 32 - 34
Recall the story of the rich man who was saddened when Jesus Christ informed him that in order to obtain Him, he, the rich man, first had to sell all he had to become worthy of Christ - Matthew 19 vs 16 ' 30 & Luke 18 vs 18 --24.

But also recall that Jesus Christ made it severally clear through His many teachings that only those who abandon it all for His sake will be worthy of His Heaven - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 & Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 undecided
25 Many people were traveling with Jesus. He said to them,
26 “If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. You must love me more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters—even more than your own life!
27 Whoever will not carry the cross that is given to them when they follow me cannot be my follower.
28 “If you wanted to build a building, you would first sit down and decide how much it would cost. You must see if you have enough money to finish the job. 29 If you don’t do that, you might begin the work, but you would not be able to finish. And if you could not finish it, everyone would laugh at you.
30 They would say, ‘This man began to build, but he was not able to finish.’
31 “If a king is going to fight against another king, first he will sit down and plan. If he has only 10,000 men, he will try to decide if he is able to defeat the other king who has 20,000 men.
32 If he thinks he cannot defeat the other king, he will send some men to ask for peace while that king’s army is still far away.
33 “It is the same for each of you. You must leave everything you have to follow me. If not, you cannot be my follower. - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33
Following this and many other lessons from Jesus Christ, you have sell all you have , and give all to the poor in order to obtain Heaven but more importantly, only those who do are promised riches here on earth. undecided
26 When the people heard this, they said, “Then who can be saved?”
27 Jesus answered, “God can do things that are not possible for people to do.”
28 Peter said, “Look, we left everything we had and followed you.”
29 Jesus said, “I can promise that everyone who has left their home, wife, brothers, parents, or children for God’s kingdom
30 will get much more than they left. They will get many times more in this life. And in the world that is coming they will get the reward of eternal life.” - Luke 18 vs 26 - 30 & Matthew 19 vs 25 - 30
The promise of riches here on earth and in Heaven belongs only to those who do as Jesus Christ commands. undecided
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by budaatum: 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Like seriously?

Anyways noted. But maybe you should give me a list of all that constitutes unrighteousness for me to thick the ones am either guilty of or not guilty of then after that you can now judge me.
First, I am not judging you. I do not have sufficient information to judge you, but do note that you do not know what the sweat of thy brow is, and you have not bother to ask.

I already did tell you the right way to achieve your goal. Get a management book and learn, because God is not going to rain down a pot of gold for you after specifically telling you your manna will come from the sweat of thy brow.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Martinez39s(m): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
God doesn't exist.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
Dear Nairalanders,

The highlighted drew my attention!

God's blessings has nothing to do with financial breakthrough, there were servants of God like Abraham, Job and Solomon who became rich during their lifetime and there were also servants of God like Jesus, Paul and John the baptist who were poor without any material possessions to their names.

So God's blessings is about virtue, His servants always succeed in being virtuous but as for material possessions anyone can have it! Matthew 5:45 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
budaatum:

First, I am not judging you. I do not have sufficient information to judge you, but do note that you do not know what the sweat of thy brow is, and you have not bother to ask.

I already did tell you the right way to achieve your goal. Get a management book and learn, because God is not going to rain down a pot of gold for you after specifically telling you your manna will come from the sweat of thy brow.

OK. Thanks
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted drew my attention!

God's blessings has nothing to do with financial breakthrough, there were servants of God like Abraham, Job and Solomon who became rich during their lifetime and there were also servants of God like Jesus, Paul and John the baptist who were poor without any material possessions to their names.

So God's blessings is about virtue, His servants always succeed in being virtuous but as for material possessions anyone can have it! Matthew 5:45 smiley

Thank you
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your problem I am afraid stems from your understanding of God and what it takes to be blessed by Him. undecided

If your goal is be rich for self, then your best bet is to study the way the world does business and follow their example all the way. Else, the God way actually entails doing the opposite of what the world does.

Recall the story of the rich man who was saddened when Jesus Christ informed him that in order to obtain Him, he, the rich man, first had to sell all he had to become worthy of Christ - Matthew 19 vs 16 ' 30 & Luke 18 vs 18 --24.

But also recall that Jesus Christ made it severally clear through His many teachings that only those who abandon it all for His sake will be worthy of His Heaven - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 & Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 undecided
Following this and many other lessons from Jesus Christ, you have sell all you have , and give all to the poor in order to obtain Heaven but more importantly, only those who do are promised riches here on earth. undecided
The promise of riches here on earth and in Heaven belongs only to those who do as Jesus Christ commands. undecided

Thank you all. Actually picking vital points.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
Martinez39s:
God doesn't exist.

Well, sometimes He acts like you are right.

But sincerely I believe He does exist. My only worry is His silence sometimes when His people call on Him.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Ayo081(m): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
Think about it OP,

You're a Christian and not a Solomonian!

If our basis for following Christ is for material blessings, then I break it to you that you're wrong.

The message of Christ is definitely more than 2 fishes and 5 loaves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Martinez39s(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Well, sometimes He acts like you are right.

But sincerely I believe He does exist. My only worry is His silence sometimes when His people call on Him.
Lol. Believing God exists doesn't make Him real. There is no evidence, proof or reasonable basis for the existence of the Christian God; I dare you to prove me wrong. All you have experienced and observed simply point to the non-existence of your God, but you just can't see it.

Go through my topic
https://www.nairaland.com/5319206/sincere-adherents-abrahamic-religions-why#80579635

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ayo081:
Think about it OP,

You're a Christian and not a Solomonian!

If our basis for following Christ is for material blessings, then I break it to you that you're wrong.

The message of Christ is definitely more than 2 fishes and 5 loaves.

OK. I have thought about it, but I also want you to think about this.

Is it too much to trust God for money to pay bills and to feed even when he told us to put our trust in Him? Do you know how many Christians who are suffering like there is no God anywhere? To eat well is problem, no money for house rent, children are out of school, some are sick yet no money to buy drugs.

I understand that our calling is not unto wealth but unto eternal life, but aren't we going to eat before the eternal life?
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
Martinez39s:
Lol. Believing God exists doesn't make Him real. There is no evidence, proof or reasonable basis for the existence of the Christian God; I dare you to prove me wrong. All you have experienced and observed simply point to the non-existence of your God, but you just can't see it.

Go through my topic
https://www.nairaland.com/5319206/sincere-adherents-abrahamic-religions-why#80579635

Well sometimes ago during my early Christian years, I had encounter with heaven, hell and Jesus. It all happened at the judgement throne. It is a story for another day because it was terrifying, you can't see such and not believe there is God. But then of course what I have said might not be enough evidence to prove God existence to you but it is to me.

Said that, maybe I should point to you something I believe is much a proof. The things you see, the humans, the waters, the cloud with pillars, the weather etc all points to God existence. If not, then what is the force behind them? Do you think all things we see today came to existence all by themselves?
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by budaatum: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
Is it too much to trust God for money to pay bills and to feed even when he told us to put our trust in Him?

Yes! South. It is in fact stupid "to trust God for money to pay bills and to feed", and I doubt you are in fact that stupid since you don't "trust God for money to pay bills and to feed"!

If you trusted God for money to pay bills and to feed", you'd not be running your own business, and would be sitting on your ass trusting God for money to pay bills and to feed, and this thread would not be about you becoming rich but about you not starving to death!
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Ayo081(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Is it too much to trust God for money to pay bills and to feed even when he told us to put our trust in Him? Do you know how many Christians who are suffering like there is no God anywhere? To eat well is problem, no money for house rent, children are out of school, some are sick yet no money to buy drugs.

I understand that our calling is not unto wealth but unto eternal life, but aren't we going to eat before the eternal life?

I totally get you brother.

Sometimes we not to fix what God already told us to fix. A brother pointed that you invest in your sweat or something.

What Church wouldn't teach is that we've been blessed to fix things. For example I noticed a brother is hungry and I'm praying for him. Meanwhile, the prayer shoulda be simply shearing the bread I have with him.

Being a Christian doesn't stop us from having meaningful and Godly relationship. What people call connection.

You might want to redesign your business, pray for wisdom while doing this.

Yes I remember James 1.

James mentioned we should pray for wisdom. He also mentioned that we should count it all joy when we face all kinds of trials. Crazy right? Reflect on it, redesign your relationship and business, let people know you need help.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Sadly, all those Christians you point out, like you, chose to do Christianity their way, instead of God's way. So how can you expect God to bless those who refuse to obey Him, following Him according to their own terms and conditions? undecided

To expect from Him, you have to at least commit to doing things His way. undecided

And as I already shared, Jesus Christ indeed promised that those who do as He asks will get so much more than they abandoned for His sake, both here and beyond. undecided
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Ayo081(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Well sometimes ago during my early Christian years, I had encounter with heaven, hell and Jesus. It all happened at the judgement throne. It is a story for another day because it was terrifying, you can't see such and not believe there is God. But then of course what I have said might not be enough evidence to prove God existence to you but it is to me.

Said that, maybe I should point to you something I believe is much a proof. The things you see, the humans, the waters, the cloud with pillars, the weather etc all points to God existence. If not, then what is the force behind them? Do you think all things we see today came to existence all by themselves?

Yes, I should tell you what I perceived lately.

Encounter is not enough. Moses and Solomon had an encounter and they messed up.

Count it all joy (as said in James 1) when you face all kinds of trails because that is the time to know whether you're in Christ or you've been masquerading.
Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ayo081:

Yes, I should tell you what I perceived lately.

Encounter is not enough. Moses and Solomon had an encounter and they messed up.

Count it all joy (as said in James 1) when you face all kinds of trails because that is the time to know whether you're in Christ or you've been masquerading.

Noted!

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Bless People Financially? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Sadly, all those Christians you point out, like you, chose to do Christianity their way, instead of God's way. So how can you expect God to bless those who refuse to obey Him, following Him according to their own terms and conditions? undecided

To expect from Him, you have to at least commit to doing things His way. undecided

And as I already shared, Jesus Christ indeed promised that those who do as He asks will get so much more than they abandoned for His sake, both here and beyond. undecided

Sorry I don't mind you mentioning some of the Gods way of doing Christianity so I can note them and also make amends where necessary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Thought Of Two Women Having Sex Makes Me Want To Puke. / Jehovah Witness And Their 1914 False Prophecy / Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.